• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I know we're all hyping out over the preview, but can i just say this latest episode was great? We had Gohan and Goku sparring, some character development for Krillin, Marron having some involvement and the return of Z's greatest villains hits list in the Dagobah cave, with special emphasis being placed on Tambourine. It makes perfect sense he would be the one to scare Krillin most since that was his first death, and with Frieza and Buu he was more aware of where he stood and that there were stronger fighters around who could potentially deal with them. Clearly the emphasis is on Krillin here, since half the enemies we saw never gave Goku any trouble, and the ones that did have been long surpassed. Wouldn't it be cool if it turned out Goku was actually seeing the likes of Beerus, Hit, Zamasu and Black?

Krillin's been such a non-entity in Super (apart from that brief character moment with 18 after Goku punches him), it's great to see him being afforded a bit of growth, even if it is just an excuse to set him up for the next arc. And speaking of the next arc, hooooly balls, look what we got here! Say what you will about Toei, they know what it takes to get people excited. Of course everyone's going crazy over the elephant in the room, but I'm also really interested to check out some of these other gods (including a literal elephant!). I feel like the clown set characters are going to be important, but even the less prominent ones like the Cleopatra God of Destruction or the Kuriboh-looking one is interesting.

That said, I feel bad for Team Four Star. They released their Broly movie, finally putting the nail in the coffin of that idiot character and the memes associated with him (well, at least until they have to dig him up for the second and third movie) and this happens! It's going to be "wenfemBroly" from now until they finally abridge Super in 2040. Those guys deserve better.

I totally agree, it's awesome that we got character development on krillin, a trully non/character so far in super. Hell, even oolong had his moment, even though it's a movie scene, it's in super. But the episode was great, 18's challenge, marron's words...i can't imagine how heartbreaking it is if out of the blue your wife tells you that you became a shell of the man she fell in love with and you're daughter thinks you're not good enough to be her dad and seeks for another male role model. Go krillin, regain your fighting spirit!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Filler or not, amazing episode.

Nimbus <3

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
What an wonderful character development episode. I teared up at some points. I don't think i ever saw any dragon ball do it this well. And we have bald krilin back. I still prefer haired krilin but i like the classic one too. Great to see nimbus back too. oh and bula confirmed in the preview. nice.

Jknombricks

Just some guy
That Super Shenron was quite insane - just imagine Beerus's reaction seeing tons of Zenos while walking through that forest!

Anyway, I loved the throwback to nimbus and Krillin's development. And to see the anime have an actual Ghost Nappa was pretty hilarious XD

It wasn't too exciting of an episode for me, but it at least gave Krillin some spotlight for once.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The amount of nappa in this episode was super funny. the whole time i was thinking "man, team four star must be so happy they have new footage for nappa to use, they don't even have to change that much".

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Poor Krillin and his confidence.

Alright, so who here thinks Future Zen'o is evil? He didn't hesitate to nuke Merged Zamasu/the future timeline, and could be corrupted from either all his subjects dying, some lingering remnant of Zamasu or both

Nekaku

Just began watching super skipped the recap arcs and am skipping the filler to get caught up for the new arc this weekend. So far I like it more than GT since it is comedy but the battles are well done too something GT lacked.

phanpycross

God-king
Just began watching super skipped the recap arcs and am skipping the filler to get caught up for the new arc this weekend. So far I like it more than GT since it is comedy but the battles are well done too something GT lacked.
A lot of battles in GT would have been great with an adult Goku, with Goku vs. Baby Gohan and Goten being the main one that comes to mind.

Red and Blue

To think Goku will be responsible for the destruction of any of the twelve universes for reminding Zeno of the tournament

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Animation reached a new power level, from the looks of it.

I'll miss the first opening. Seems like we'll get to see a complete version for SS Blue Kaio-ken.
I do have my fingers crossed for a nee form regardless.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH! that i didn't see coming. new opening and again, the highest stakes for this new arc. Good job goku, you just doomed how many universes? The episode was great, awesome to see vegeta being way more human and responsible than goku could ever be. Beerus was right, goku shouldn't be this reckless. He IS a menace to his own universe and every other. Well, i'm very interested to see how most of universe's 7 team is going to make it with such a huge power gap between goku and vegeta and the rest.

Kataphrut

That scene between Beerus and Goku was pretty intense. It's funny that after everything they went through with Zamasu, Beerus might actually be coming around to his way of thinking on uplifting such an irresponsible mortal. But it's safe to say the matter is out of his hands now.

Also, let's talk about the new opening. I personally prefer Chozetsu Dynamic as a song, but man if the new one isn't an energetic change of place. The sight of all the universe 7 warriors coming together is chilling. An awful lot of time devoted to the Furon-looking bloke fighting Goku, it's likely he's going to be the Hit of this arc (speaking of, where's Hit? He better be in this). He looks so angry fighting Goku too; I hope we get some serious conflict stemming from the situation Goku's put everyone in. Like "You jeopardised my universe, you battle-obsessed freak. I'm going to kill you!"

Next week looks like the recruitment episode. You'd expect Vegeta to jump at the call, but Bulma's pregnancy could change that. They've been back-and-forthing so much on Gohan, it'll be interesting to see what they do with him. Piccolo and Tien will likely jump at the chance, Krillin too now he's back in the game and I think that episode implied the same of Roshi. Buu probably won't take much convincing, that just leaves the Androids. Looking forward to seeing 17 come back.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Oh, and female broly!!! if they pull this right and keep what made broly so cool, which was the absolute ownage he had against the z-figthers in his 1st movie and remove his huge flaws like motivation, this female sayan will be my favorite dragon ball character ever, surpassing ssj2 teen gohan and broly. I'm super hyped to see what comes from her and i hope they don't waste this. Please toey.

phanpycross

God-king
The internet seems to be going crazy with "is Goku going evil?" theories after this episode. Honestly, I dont think it will go that far,but I do hope they address how he has helped escalate every canon arc since Super started.

My guess is that the new dude in the opening is a hero, given his costume and everything. Hopefully he doesnt body Hit and Vegeta too hard.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That Super Shenron was quite insane - just imagine Beerus's reaction seeing tons of Zenos while walking through that forest!

We would need to evacuate the Milky Way galaxy when he learns the truth

The internet seems to be going crazy with "is Goku going evil?" theories after this episode. Honestly, I dont think it will go that far,but I do hope they address how he has helped escalate every canon arc since Super started.
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I've been mostly fine with this whole situation up until this point. Sure, Goku had a hand in many of the crises in DBS so far, but he can't really shoulder all of the blame...until now. I mean, yeah, he had no way of knowing that Zeno would destroy losing universes, but Beerus specifically warned him not to go there. He should have listened. I also just watched the most recent episode where he kept pestering Vegeta about training even with Bulma about to give birth, and it was very unbecoming (great character development for Vegeta, though).

I get that this is how Goku's character was intended, but honestly, it's pretty unlikable. I'll take the spiky-haired Superman that the English dub turned him into over the combat-happy selfish idiot that he was originally supposed to be any day. Not to mention that DBS seems to have cranked up his undesirable characteristics to an 11.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
And yet come End of Z, Goku seems to have mellowed out and relaxed. He still fights, but he's not wholly addictive to the notion of it, and he does make a point that he wants to use his strength as a defense for Earth in the future, as seen with him taking Uub as his pupil for the purpose of succeeding him.

Goku in Super, by contrast, is more of a here-and-now kind of fighter, with no regard for consequences. Sure, he reacted heavily to Black's admission of killing Goten and Chi-chi, but that was reactionary, and one done to an action Goku himself did not make. He doesn't have the kind of forethought and consideration that he has at EoZ. It could be that Super Saiyan Blue has gotten to Goku's head, and that he's consistently trying to prove himself, to himself, time and again. He's apathetic to the world around him, with no regard for anyone except those who can better him and can contest his power.....much like the God of Destruction Beerus himself. Hmm.

I think the Universe Survival Arc is going to give Goku the kick in the teeth he needs to get to his EoZ persona. He's going to realize that everyone - Goten, Chi-chi, granddaughter Pan, newborn Bra - is now in danger because of him, and that he will now have to step up and correct it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Goku is going to live the rest of his life with the guilt of unwittingly putting sextillions of lives in danger. His act right now is probably the pride before the fall