• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Shame that Gohan will likely lose his fight

Eh its a way for Gohan to be harshly reminded that he's neglected his training for too long, I mean he go easily jobbered by Base Form Freezer in RF .
It'll serve as a way to build up a Gohan victory in the actual tournament

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Holy f*ck at U9's Supreme Kai. Zamasu was in the wrong universe lol

I love the thicker lines and this old 90s like filter they have on. If I didn't know any better, my mind would be blown thinking DBZ had another arc after the Buu saga that I didn't see (well GT excluded).

Somehow that Kai's face is more punchable.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Somehow that Kai's face is more punchable.

I feel bad for Gowasu. First his disciple turns evil and managed to get Future U7 entirely destroyed (well Zen-O did it, but he was the catalyst). Then just several months later, the guy that was the tipping point for your disciple's downfall unknowingly starts a win-or-die all universe battle. Dude just wanted to relax and watch all the funny videos on GodTube...

The "lose and your universe is destroyed" rule is only known by Goku/han, Beerus, Whis, and the Kais, right? I'm gonna go and say Gohan wins, and Goku too. As someone on another forum said, clean sweep, U9 gets destroyed, and that's when everyone realizes what the stakes are.

Also, how are the universes paired up again? 6 and 7 are, so would it be 5 and 8, 4 and 9, and so on?

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I feel bad for Gowasu. First his disciple turns evil and managed to get Future U7 entirely destroyed (well Zen-O did it, but he was the catalyst). Then just several months later, the guy that was the tipping point for your disciple's downfall unknowingly starts a win-or-die all universe battle. Dude just wanted to relax and watch all the funny videos on GodTube...

The "lose and your universe is destroyed" rule is only known by Goku/han, Beerus, Whis, and the Kais, right? I'm gonna go and say Gohan wins, and Goku too. As someone on another forum said, clean sweep, U9 gets destroyed, and that's when everyone realizes what the stakes are.

Also, how are the universes paired up again? 6 and 7 are, so would it be 5 and 8, 4 and 9, and so on?

When the add up to 13, they're twins. 1 and 12, 2 and 11, 3 and 10, 4 and 9, 5 and 8, 6 and 7.

Also, it was the entire future timeline that was nuked. Zamasu infected all universes of Trunks' timeline and began to leak into the other timelines. So because Gowasu trained the wrong pupil he's indirectly the source of 23 universes being destroyed

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Given that anything goes for this Multiverse tournament, with the only condition being that the Zen'O are satisfied or that the combatant stops moving, that could be a reason why Goku gets Lapis and Lazuli to compete. Since they have an infinite energy supply, the two of them could serve as an impenetrable wall against those who rely on technique or attrition, not overwhelming power, to get the win.

The energy and power of Universe 9's Trio De Dangers cannot be sensed by Goku or those in Universe 7. Maybe that serves as the inspiration for Goku to give them a call as well, to even the playing field in that way.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Given that anything goes for this Multiverse tournament, with the only condition being that the Zen'O are satisfied or that the combatant stops moving, that could be a reason why Goku gets Lapis and Lazuli to compete. Since they have an infinite energy supply, the two of them could serve as an impenetrable wall against those who rely on technique or attrition, not overwhelming power, to get the win.

The energy and power of Universe 9's Trio De Dangers cannot be sensed by Goku or those in Universe 7. Maybe that serves as the inspiration for Goku to give them a call as well, to even the playing field in that way.

Sounds a bit too clever reasoning for this show

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Arale should have been included instead of Roshi.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Arale should have been included instead of Roshi.

Ah, but there's the thing with gag characters; their power only works when things are of a consistently funny mood. Also if she pwns too often she won't be considered as funny any more, losing her power. That's the double-edged sword of toonforce

Red and Blue

Wonder how they will even find seventeen? Have he and his sister still kept in touch over the years?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Wonder how they will even find seventeen? Have he and his sister still kept in touch over the years?

I feel like Tien will be the one who finds/encounters him, and that information passes on to Goku.
Tien, because he's been travelling the world to train in different conditions and all that.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
The manga version of Future Trunks Saga took things to completely different direction in the latest manga chapter and the epilogue will better than the anime version because the option for Spirit Bomb Sword named Final Hope Slash was destroyed.

gliscor&yanmega

So in U9 the Kai is the real God of Destruction. I knew ahead he liked to make fun of other Universes but I didn't expect him to basically want death, going as far as giving his Wolf people drugs to do so. The God of Destruction himself felt it was too much, albeit, his blurb did say he didn't really like destroying stuff much(Curious how he was even picked anyways). Hopefully the Angel will speak in one of the next two episodes, seems pretty laid back but would like to see more from him anyways.

I wasn't expecting the Wolf people to be so murderous. Basil should consider himself lucky he wasn't turned into chocolate.

If there's no shenanigans, then Gohan is probably going to lose, toss up for Goku but likely would win. However, I could see a case of Gohan winning, and Zeno or Goku wants the fight to continue so who knows. Still would hope U7 loses.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/834666567556222976

Universe 9's Bergamo petitions to Zen'O to not destroy the universes if a universe loses in the Tournament of Power (It says Universe 4 in the blurb, but since there were some mixups in the naming on Toei's site between 4 and 9 before, it's probably an oversight).

Zen'O, surprisingly, agrees, but only on the condition that Bergamo defeats Goku in the final round of the exhibition match.

So now, Goku's not only fighting Bergamo, but also his better judgement. Does he give in to his never-say-die attitude and beats Bergamo and throw the universes into jeopardy, or does he swallow his pride for the good of all existence?

Last edited:
Taking a dive would obviously be a smart move. He can still have fun fighting in the actual tournament, and without those ridiculous stakes hanging over his head..but this is Goku we're talking about. DBS Goku, nonetheless. Who knows, maybe Beerus will force him to throw in the towel?

My gut says that either Goku wins or Zeno backtracks on his deal, though. Hard to imagine they'd raise the stakes so high and create so much tension only to wipe it all away like that.

Born Better

God of Lightning
So either Goku finally gets some much needed development or they prove once and for all that Goku's actually a piece of *censored*.

uber gon

Accept Change
I just hope this resolution will be entertaining enough for Team Four Star to comment on for a few years.

Red and Blue

Is it possible Goku isn't aware of Bergamo's deal with Zeno? They could have come to an agreement in private

Poke Trainer J

I just hope this resolution will be entertaining enough for Team Four Star to comment on for a few years.

Dragon Ball Super was loosely inspired by DBZ Abridged so this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest since Toriyama himself even admitted that he was a fan of the parody series by Team Four Star despite Toei Animation trying to flag episodes on YouTube due to copyright infringement much like what happened with Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged and 4Kids.

Too bad they stopped trying to take the franchise seriously by slowing turning it into a parody of itself but then again it started off being a gag manga back in the 80's which started to take itself more seriously as the series progressed when Toei feels like they can get away with regressing the series solely for the sake of profit.

Is it possible Goku isn't aware of Bergamo's deal with Zeno? They could have come to an agreement in private

The deal that If Universe 4 wins the tournament that Zeno would call off erasing the losing Universes? I'm guessing Toei finally realized their mistake of portraying Goku as someone who doomed 11 universes without a second thought when the damage has already been done. The fact that Goku has so much plot armor as the main protagonist means that he won't be punished for his actions in the slightest especially for what he did to Future Trunks' timeline in the last arc.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Guys, where do you think the gods of destruction rank in strength? I like to believe that Sidra is the strongest god, it's just that he seems like the weakest because of his indesicive nature

I want to see Goku horrified when he sees a universe get destroyed despite asking Zeno not to. I want to see a war of the gods over something like this. I want to see a good/neutral Present Zen'o and an evil Future Zen'o in conflict

Poke Trainer J

Maybe it's time for the other Z Warriors to call out on Goku for being a complete sociopath by turning against him even though Vegeta has the best chance of winning out of all of them, oh wait Bulla's about to be born he doesn't have time to deal with Goku "behaving like a clown".