• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Judging by the halo it seems Frieza is being temporarily brought back to life just like Goku during the Buu arc.

They outright talked about having Baba bring him back from hell for just 24hrs in the synopsis.

Red and Blue

24 hours is kind of concerning since the tournament is under an hour. That would leave him around 15 hours to do with a he pleases before he is sent back to hell.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Keep in mind that Goku exhausted enough of his 24 hour ticket to leave just 30 minutes for him on Earth, just for going Super Saiyan 3 for about 10 minutes. Golden Freeza, a level of power far above Super Saiyan 3 and with a similar stamina cut, will surely cut his time limit if he's forced to use it (and Beerus will force him to use it).

The tournament lasts for only 48 minutes. Plenty of time for Golden Freeza to do his job and be done.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Keep in mind that Goku exhausted enough of his 24 hour ticket to leave just 30 minutes for him on Earth, just for going Super Saiyan 3 for about 10 minutes. Golden Freeza, a level power far above Super Saiyan 3, will surely cut his time limit if he's forced to use it (and Beerus will force him to use it). The tournament lasts for only 48 minutes. Plenty of time for Golden Freeza to do his job and be done.

I thought about that as well but I wonder if this still applies in a place where time does not exist.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If time didn't exist in the world of nothing, there wouldn't be a 48 minute time limit to keep track of.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
If time didn't exist in the world of nothing, there wouldn't be a 48 minute time limit to keep track of.

I don't think we can compare the time which Frieza can stay alive with a random time limit Grand Priest decided and also can watch with a clock. The first one is a condition and the second a rule about a tournament. Also, it has been stated that there is no time there that's why it is called void.

Even if Frieza does have a lot of extra time on his hands, I'm pretty sure Goku and Vegeta are strong enough at this point to beat the living crap out of him if he tries anything funny.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Frieza while a coward, and underhanded is still pretty honorable. I don't think he would want to kill Goku when he's the one that convinced baba to being him back.

Frieza comes off as the guy who would rather escape from Hell himself then beat down Goku instead* of being humiliated by having Goku being him back to do it

If that makes any sense lmao

Red and Blue

So Gohan was surprisingly named the leader of Team 7. Maybe he will be the last one standing instead of Goku.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Probably one of my favorite episodes in thus series so far.
As much as people complain over the power-scaling, I feel like Goku holds back almost every time he's facing his family and friends.
Great to see Gohan get back into shape. Really can't wait what his new form will be.

I think the highlight was Vegeta being impressed/pleased by the fight. He was pretty mad during the Buu Saga when Gohan screwed up against Dabura. He seemingly did miss seeing his Mystic Form on display against Super Buu.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I find this a weak excuse to kick him out. He didn't use it in his match against the Basil or even against Kid Buu. They could have gone with the logic that the candy beam doesn't work against stronger opponents at least.

What if they're playing us for a loop and once Goku recruits Frieza, Buu wakes up and Roshi is replaced

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
What if they're playing us for a loop and once Goku recruits Frieza, Buu wakes up and Roshi is replaced

Lol they can go with the logic: "we completed the character focused episodes so let's add some episodes with the team changing members each episode" :p

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
episode 90 was incredible. it was so satisfying seeing gohan finally honing his skills and go full power. One of the best super episodes if not the best so far.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
episode 90 was incredible. it was so satisfying seeing gohan finally honing his skills and go full power. One of the best super episodes if not the best so far.

Agreed. It was great to have the good old Gohan back. I feel bad for Tien though. He has become the Yamcha of Dragon Ball Super. :p

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So it sounds like they made Gohan great again. That's good. I can't wait to catch up and get to that point. The old Gohan I remember was a bad ***. I remember when he turned Super Saiyan 2 for the first time. He took out every single Cell Jr. It was then when we saw Cell completely flustered. That's a moment that I'll never forget. When Gohan's theme hit and he began his transformation I completely lost it.

Nebbygetinthebag

Episode 90 is awesome the fight between Goku vs Gohan was epic through Tien and Piccolo didn't fight each other poor tien also they made Gohan great again overall this episode is good.

Last edited:
Ok so I've had this idea since the ending boogie back first played (I looked at the image wrong), it occurred to me that one thing I'd like to see happen is for Gohan to save Piccolo at the cost of being defeated (doesn't have to be fatal, but getting knocked out of the tournament will do). Have the scene be a parallel to when Piccolo saved Gohan way back in the day, only reversed. It would be a perfect way to not only develop Gohan's character, but also for the favor to be returned. For bonus points, the one attacking is a Saiyan, much like Nappa. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

BCVM22

As nice of a callback as that would be, does that jive with the current fighting strengths? If Gohan has truly regained his form, he's ostensibly stronger than Piccolo right now and Goku named him team leader; wouldn't a warrior of Piccolo's intelligence tell Gohan "no, let me go, the team needs you more right now"?