• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Hit managed to get Jiren in a lock near the edge. If the other universes had all teamed up to collectively knock Jiren out from there, it COULD have been done. But, now Hit is out.

Hit did contribute though. He demonstrated such ability that Jiren thinks he and Goku were the only worthwhile opponents, so now he's going full Orcus and making Dyspo and Toppo do the rest of the work, despite the likes of Freeza and Vegeta being capable of being a match for them. Goku's free to get his strength back while Jiren just waits.

Red and Blue

Vados basically confirmed what we were all thinking. U6 is in trouble.

Upcoming episodes are centered around U6 and they just lost their ace. Could they be the third universe erased?

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Man if U6 is gone before 2.. no 3, that's a new level of disappointment. Hit should not have been out before Cabba...

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
At this rate they'll keep Ribrianne and U2 as long as they can to milk the gag for all it's worth. U2 could have been so much more..

Red and Blue

I just want to know how U2 have Yadarats and Tuffles when they should have been part of U6. If they aren't getting erased yet I want an answer.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Universe 6 is so screwed,I still wonder how Goku would fare against Jiren a second time by fusing with Vegeta and somehow unleashing the power of Ultra Instinct.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Well at least Hit managed to give some minor trouble to Jiren and encouraged the U6 Saiyans to keep going before he goes out. Now Jiren is like: "Imma meditate till Goku recovers and goes back to Ultra Instinct mode."

Don't care about next week's episode since both Vegeta and Cabba are boring and annoying. Just hope the Gohan and Piccolo vs U6 Namekians parts to be interesting at least.

Kataphrut

Would you believe my favourite part of the episode was Ribrianne?

Yep, not kidding. My favourite thing in this arc, which doesn't happen nearly enough, is characters acknowledging the stakes of the tournament and the danger they're in. Having her go through that moment of self-doubt, only to be snapped back out of it by Rosie made up for how poorly she was used last week.

As for the rest of it, good show from Hit even if the result was predictable. Jiren felt more like a normal fighter than the immovable juggernaut of previous episodes, actually exerting himself, shouting and even smack-talking his opponent. My god, he's become a Dragon Ball villain! As to why the others didn't knock him out when he was frozen, my explanation is that because he was in suspended animation/another dimension, they couldn't interact with him even if they tried. That doesn't excuse not breaking the arena under him so he would fall as soon as Hit let him go, but I guess we're not supposed to think about that. Hit's speech was good, and he showed a lot of development, but 105 handled this same basic premise better. Having Cabba, Kale and Caulifla not near enough to help but able to hear his speech would've been better.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I like Jiren going back to meditating for a while. He's too boring for me and even after three episodes centred around him he's still devoid of any interesting qualities or a personality. He escapes Hit's timelock because he's very strong. It's not an interesting quality or mechanic, or some kind of strategy, he's just very strong and that's all there is to him.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Hopefully we should get more insight into Jiren's character once we find out what his wish is for the Super Dragon Balls.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I like Jiren going back to meditating for a while. He's too boring for me and even after three episodes centred around him he's still devoid of any interesting qualities or a personality. He escapes Hit's timelock because he's very strong. It's not an interesting quality or mechanic, or some kind of strategy, he's just very strong and that's all there is to him.

I feel the same way. Jiren's done what he needed to do so he gets out of the picture for now. What i'm wondering is if he forgot that both U6 and U7 have more fighters than U11, meaning one of them would win when time's up and U11 would be erased. What i always thought would work very well, if not a little dramatic and sudden, is if jiren had some version of super explosive wave that cleared most other universe's fighters so that only a maximum of 2 fighters of each universe would remain, leaving U11 as the victor for the most fighters in the stage. I imagined hit and cabba would be the only ones standing from U6 while U7 would have goku and freeza, leaving those 4 to try and get at least one of U11's members out to at the very least force a draw. I was thinking maybe this would happen when all of the remaining fighters were shown and when time was about 25 tacks to the end.

This was a great episode that shows that little animation can give you a very dramatic scene. The struggle between hit and jiren, after he was put into the time cage was intense and suspenseful as jiren's never been even in a disadvantageous position before. But as for likability, he's never gonna get any from me if his shtick is just "i'm more powerful". He could have shown a little personality if after hit talked about his "assassin's pride", jiren thought that was evil and said anything at all about that like "assassins don't deserve to exist" or "your actions will have a punishment", just any little trait that jiren is not a plank of wood. He's not a villain, he has no motive (that we know of yet) and therefore he's boring to watch.

Nebbygetinthebag

I don't know why are so many people thinking that U6 is going out next Which is not going to happen because Kale and Caulifla are the most advertise character in this saga so there not going out soon.
How is Universe 2 still sticking around. It's beyond annoying now.
Because U2 still has 5 warrior remaining just like 6 so stop whining.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I don't know why are so many people thinking that U6 is going out next Which is not going to happen because Kale and Caulifla are the most advertise character in this saga so there not going out soon.

Haven't they already been advertised earlier in the arc though? And as I mentioned earlier the upcoming episodes are U6 centered. I wouldn't call that a good sign.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil

I'll complain about stuff I find annoying. So don't tell me what to do and ignore it.

Kale's probably going out in 114. Spoilers mentioned her, and it seemed in an ominous tone.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Thought it was cool Champa didn't go off on hit

Agreed, he's been too jerkish as of late. He should show more compassion to Beerus considering this is, as far as they know, the last time they'll ever see each other

Yce288

Grass type FTW
On Crunchyroll's streaming of episode 109, around a minute of footage is missing near the end when Goku and Jiren are pushing the Spirit Bomb at each other, anyone knows the reason for that?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
On Crunchyroll's streaming of episode 109, around a minute of footage is missing near the end when Goku and Jiren are pushing the Spirit Bomb at each other, anyone knows the reason for that?

Was cut from the version the simulcast services received from Toei/Fuji TV. Daisuki and Animelab apparently also don't have that minute. My guess is it just didn't fit in the episode time properly. I haven't seen the TV version because Super airs at like 2 am my time, but seeing as they played the episodes back-to-back it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped the ending song on 109 or something in the TV version, or maybe the next episode preview.