• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Last week's episode was way better but this one wasn't bad either. I hope that this fight will end next week.

Kataphrut

Has anyone else noticed we've been on a pendulum of episodes lately? Like, we're going from good to mediocre to good to mediocre.

It started with 105 which was "OMG Roshi!" Then we went into 106, which was "oh, Tien..."

107 - Wow, they really developed Frost into a distinct and threatening antagonist. Also, the episode is well-directed, with tension, strong characterisation and OMG more Roshi!"
108 - Well, so much for Frost...
The special - Jiren! Spirit Bomb! Goku's dead! Oh, he's back! Insert song! Ultra Instinct! Ominous cliffhanger!?
111 - Oh, Jiren's actually lame. Bye Hit.
112 - Cabba-Vegeta bonding! All the feels! Lots of different fights going on at once!
113- Did you enjoy lots of different fights? How about 20 minutes of just one fight. To be fair, this one was still pretty good.
114- Beautiful art! Character development! Lesbian subtext off the charts! Kefla!?
115- Ok, Kefla didn't do much and we're going to waste a chunk of the episode justifying why nobody else is fusing. Back to lots of different fights, but they're all a minute long.

phanpycross

God-king
So, U4 is totally winning this, somehow. Quitela is so ridiculously confident, completely disregarding Potaras, and Jiren vs Goku.

And Katopelas made it out alive, which is the only thing I wanted out of this episode.

uber gon

Accept Change
Bet TFS is going to make a joke of Gohan casually destroying a Namekian arm. Maybe Nail or Kami saying not to get on Gohan’s bad side.

Kataphrut

Bet TFS is going to make a joke of Gohan casually destroying a Namekian arm. Maybe Nail or Kami saying not to get on Gohan’s bad side.

They've said they're never doing Super. Partly because not everyone on the team follows it and they don't have the same investment in it as they do with classic Dragon Ball, bt mainly because they have to deal with enough copyright issues abridging a show that's more than 20 years old, let alone one that's still running.

They might do the odd short, but I feel like there are better subjects for comedy in the Tournament. Like the fact that Goku has spent the last three episodes working himself up by getting beat up by increasingly strong, muscular women. I can think of a few jumping off points there...

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ultra Instinct is a technique, right? Could you stack Super Saiyan forms on it?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They're already in the process of converting it into a form, so you probably could.

With that in mind, I am wondering how strong Jiren really is. From the flash of aura and his general attitude, I got that Jiren wasn't going full out against Ultra Instinct Goku and has a "form", even if it is just a flaring aura.

Also, I wonder by what factor angels and gods of destruction are seperated in power

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If they do go in the direction of Vegetto later on in the arc to fight Jiren it wouldn't surprise me if Jiren still has a transformation or something up his sleeve to make him a challenge to Ultra Instinct Vegetto.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If they do go in the direction of Vegetto later on in the arc to fight Jiren it wouldn't surprise me if Jiren still has a transformation or something up his sleeve to make him a challenge to Ultra Instinct Vegetto.

Vegetto is absurdly, brokenly strong. Ultra Instinct Vegetto would probably be angel tier. I think instead we will have Goku use both Ultra Instinct and his Super Saiyan forms against Jiren

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Vegetto is absurdly, brokenly strong. Ultra Instinct Vegetto would probably be angel tier. I think instead we will have Goku use both Ultra Instinct and his Super Saiyan forms against Jiren

That's why I said Jiren would probably have another transformation up his sleeve in that case to be competitive. After all they can make transformations as strong as they want to. How it'd match up to angels is not really that interesting in this story, the angels don't participate in the fighting anyway. They've already opened up the potara option with Kefla so it's only natural to progress that to U7 further down the line. Either that or let Kefla get Super Saiyan 3 to become competitive with Ultra Instinct Goku.

Last edited:

BladexFade

At first, I was against the notion if U7 wins 'N' wishes back all the universes back, that includes universe 13-18, it defeats the purpose of Zeno's goal. But now? I'm kinda interested to see how the two Zeno and The Grand Priest would react.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
At first, I was against the notion if U7 wins 'N' wishes back all the universes back, that includes universe 13-18, it defeats the purpose of Zeno's goal. But now? I'm kinda interested to see how the two Zeno and The Grand Priest would react.

"It was cool, so it's okay."

...Is probably how they'll go.

Unless Goku somehow gets strong enough to fight all three.

Red and Blue

I suspect that before Goku gets a chance to ask the Dragon Frieza will jump in and take the wish for himself, thus setting the stage for the next arc. The other universes may not comeback until Frieza is dealt with.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member

I have a theory that the Grand Priest is going to betray Zeno in order to help save the universes because the Omni-King is a loose canon with no understanding of the gravity of his role. He'll wait until they're distracted and bam; use a sealing spell to trap them in a way that prevents them from attacking anything else

The Zeno are incredibly lacking in skill and techniques. The angels, even if Zen'o is far stronger than him, are also FAR more skilled. They can manipulate time to some degree. Zeno is still affected by time given there are two of him, despite being the most powerful being in creation that we know of. Maybe it'll be some sort of time bubble, like a much higher tier of Hit's prison of time

It's just that the Grand Priest needs a distraction like the tournament to catch him by surprise. He will turn out to be heroic, or at least Lawful Neutral and become the new Omni-King. The colorful little brats will finally get their long-awaited karma, the wish can be made with no concern of it being undone, and the status quo will change thanks to the new God.

BCVM22

I have a theory that the Grand Priest is going to betray Zeno in order to help save the universes because the Omni-King is a loose canon with no understanding of the gravity of his role.

Based on his little smirk when the first universe was erased, I think it's more apt to be the opposite: the Grand Priest has some dark designs of his own, and he's content to further them by letting the two Zeno-samas do whatever they want, and giving them loose suggestions when he needs to steer them to fit his plans. The Zenos are what they appear to be - infinitely powerful children, left unchecked, and potentially being manipulated by those with devious intent.

I bet that months from now, when this is all said and done, some new character takes over the role of Grand Priest and promises to act more like the Angels do to the various Gods of Destruction - less a hands-off enabler, more of an overseer and mentor to their limitless power, and intent on instilling some degree of morality within them.

The colorful little brats will finally get their long-awaited karma

You realize these are fictional characters, right? You've spent months railing against them like this as if they have personally come to your house, eaten all your food and left your bathroom a mess. It's a little much.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've been catching up on DB Super finally. Watching Goku go Ultra Instinct for the very first time was so cool to witness. It definitely ranks up there with my favorite Goku transformations.

My most favorite Goku transformation is when he went Super Saiyan for the very first time. That moment is so nostalgic for me. Great childhood memories right there.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Does anyone have a link to the the current opening's slow instrumental that they've been using in the middle of episodes lately?