• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

phanpycross

God-king
I'm actually glad that there are only 7 episodes left before entering to hiatus.

But since he's not Goku why bother? (Super is such a great show isn't it? Won't be missed.)
Calm the f*ck down.

Are we seriously gonna complain about Gohan's handling in this arc? Getting some pretty spectacular fights against Obuni, the U6 namekians, and the U3 robots, and getting back to 100% of his Buu-saga self.

"The Goku/Vegeta show". Please, as if 18, Roshi, 17, Hit, Kale/Caulifia hasnt all gotten episodes to shine, or, y'know, an entire arc with Trunks as the main character.

And really, is nobody happy that after 30 years of being a main character, Vegeta finally has a unique form that is only his?

----

Look, I get that Super going on haitus/cancelled/whatever sucks, but lets not act like the whole thing sucked after 1 bad episode.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
First of all, Vegeta isn't the main character. He's the rival character, it's his role to be a jerk who can fight really well but always jobs to the villain. I personally don't care about Vegeta's new form. It looks really nice but it's not going to change anything so it's also pretty pointless. And it's not even mechanically an interesting form, it's just another form that's stronger than the previous form and nothing Dragon Ball hasn't already done a lot before. The only way they could make it mean anything is if we're getting Vegetto again and Vegetto could combine that new form with Ultra Instinct to beat Jiren or a Jiren/Toppo fusion. It wouldn't surprise me if Jiren still has a transformation or two up his sleeve, anything to make him even remotely interesting as an antagonist. Everything points to a climax with Goku and Vegeta fighting Jiren, or Goku fighting him alone, and it wouldn't surprise me if they're going to fake us out and simply have time run out in the end with only Jiren, Toppo, Vegeta, and Goku remaining (resulting in a draw)

I'm not dissatisfied with how much Gohan got to do this arc, but this episode wasn't that good and it failed to convince me of the necessity for Gohan to sacrifice himself. The storyboarding, the animation, the writing, nothing was really great this episode. And the arc is just starting to drag now. The characters are taking insane amounts of damage and a minute later they can just stand up and fight again as if nothing happened, especially Goku and Vegeta are guilty of this. It makes all the earlier portions of the arc feel pointless and this arc is making the same mistakes that the Namek arc did with Freeza. The characters kept on fighting Freeza but it didn't seem to change anything. By the end Goku could barely stand, then he transforms and suddenly he can fight again as if he's new. Freeza takes a big spirit bomb attack and loses his tail again, but he can just stand up and fight as if nothing happened.

Last edited:

Kataphrut

The episode was bad, there's no doubt about it, but there are bigger picture issues at play that have me concerned, especially now that the series is coming to an end. They have 7 episodes left to wrap up this arc, and the fact that the final battle against Universe 11 is still going at this snail's pace is appalling.

That's item #32 in my itemised list of why Vegeta's new form sucks, incidentally. If he'd just been eliminated after the Final Flash, then this fight between them wouldn't be being stretched out and we can actually get to the real final fight, the rematch between UI Goku and Jiren. Just stop messing around, bring back Ultra Instinct, stop padding out episodes with looped animation and cutaways to the bench, and end this tournament already. Condensed quality will allow more effort to go into an episode that sees two major characters eliminated. Also get rid of 17, he has no chemistry with anyone else and no way of harming Toppo or Jiren. That's item #14 on my itemised list of why 17 outlasting Gohan sucks, incidentally. He has no dynamic with anyone left in the ring. Gohan did. Goku/Gohan/Vegeta/Freeza. Any combination of those would be an interesting team-up opportunity, but 17 doesn't fit. He hadn't even met any of them aside from Vegeta until the tournament started.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
And there goes gohan. Lame but what else could they do against a slippery adversary like that? I agree that gohan vs toppo would be cool to see. Oh well, next time, toppo also goes ssj purple, meaning none of the previous battles were gonna be of any consequence. Maybe jiren can go ssj purple too and that's his final form.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Like it or not, Gohan was the weakest of the 5 left on the team. Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza are demonstrably stronger, and 17 has been training for years while Gohan hasn't. 48 hours of rigorous training may be enough to reawaken Ultimate and keep you going for the majority of the battle royale, but 48 hours can only do so much.

Toppo tanked a Kamehameha, and was only affected by a second one because 17's barrier was directing them. Gohan was not going to get anywhere against the guy, whereas Freeza can potentially do some damage, so Gohan made a calculated move that took down the third fighter before he finally got going at max power and really put the pressure on. Now Universe 11 is down to two, and Freeza can step up.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
7 episodes left? Oh jeez. I don't see anything other than a rushed ending as possible for this arc then. There's still six minutes left, and we've been ticking down 1 minute per episode. So, unless something big happens, that's 6 episodes of battling and 1 episode to wrap up the arc. That's... yeah, that's not too good. That would mean it's probably just going to end with the Super Dragon Balls --> wish (possibly reviving the universes) --> wrap up/epilogue. And if that happens I imagine there's no retribution or anything similar for the Zeno's and all the predictions that the Grand Priest or Frieza (or someone else entirely) will hijack the plot will all be proven wrong.

Nebbygetinthebag

It was an ok episode but not the greatest,The amount of reused animation was tedious and the whole episode should have been on Gohan vs Dyspo but instead Gohan had a little screentime in this episode.

However there are some positive in this episode,Like the whole strategy of Frieza and Gohan vs Dyspo was creative,The laser cage was a brilliant idea,Frieza dialogue was always great and I'm sastified with Gohan performance in this arc,he did well in this tournament so I'm not disappointed with this character despite little screentime he had in this episode.Overall ok episode and Toppo look very menacing in the next week episode.
Well, that was another episode. I'm glad the Dyspo stuff's over, personally. Didn't really like the guy all that much. Certainly a high-speed energy can be interesting, but, I dunno, he just wasn't doing it for me. Maybe because they were trying to play him off as a superhero when all his behaviors were anything but heroic? Something like that. And Gohan's out, too, for some reason. I feel like it would've been more appropriate to have him take on Toppo. But, alas, t'was not meant to be.
I agree with Dyspo character,he is a generic cocky character like most of the ToP character they could had made him interesting but nope they didn't.

Last edited:

I am serperior

The Ultimate trainee
I agree on the sentiment that Dyspo had a cool fighting style but man he was a generic character.I hope the manga bring justice to this character since the manga stop making new character lame compared to the Anime.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Imagine how Raditz would react if he knew about what Gohan just did. Also, Frieza gets to loophole his way into eliminating his own teammates without breaking the rules. This is probably how he plans to make sure he's the last man standing. I think he wants 17 and Toppo to take each other out, and Goku and Vegeta to take Jiren down with him. Leaving him the only one remaining. He's just waiting for the opportunity where he can push them out in a way that's not direct, so he can play innocent

Addendum: I get the impression that Frieza has been spending much of the tournament trying to see how many loopholes he can get out of it, by waiting for other fighters to test the rules

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I honestly expect Android 17 to have been knocked out by now. Also, I want there to be a proper, fair and square loss of Universe 7 in this tournament. No cheap shots, no double eliminations..

Red and Blue

I'm honestly amazed that 17 has stayed in for this long and is going up against the top fighters. I was certain he'd be long out at this point.

Guess it's nice that someone else besides a Saiyan is getting the spotlight.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm honestly amazed that 17 has stayed in for this long and is going up against the top fighters. I was certain he'd be long out at this point.

Guess it's nice that someone else besides a Saiyan is getting the spotlight.

Well he does have those infinite energy drives, so that explains it

Imagine what Toppo would do to Frieza if he knew just how much of a villain he is

Red and Blue

Something else I liked about the episode was the lack of the Zenos. They only appeared in one scene and that was it.

Kataphrut

FighterZ is an absolute masterpiece. Honestly the best non-RPG Dragon ball game ever made.

Oh, it's so good. I still can't make up my mind on who to main, the characters are all so good. The story mode interactions are great, shame the mode itself is a chore to play.

Who are your picks for the 8 DLC characters? In light of the latest Super episode, here's mine:

1. Toppo
2. Toppo
3. Toppo
4. Toppo
5. Toppo
6. Toppo
7. Toppo
8. Toppo

Kataphrut

The problem with DLC speculation for that game is having to make way for the inevitable. I wouldn't put Bardock or Broly in my top 8 actual choices, but I know they'll both be in there so what's the point. Also, there's been a lot of disturbing rumours about a base Goku/Vegeta, which would be the biggest waste.

I would've been fine with Jiren since he's inevitable, but at least he's new. But after the latest episode, it's like Toppo does everything he does but better. I definitely want Roshi, Caulifla and Satan/Videl. Also this'll never happen, but wouldn't it be lovely if it had Kale but not Broly.