• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

phanpycross

God-king
So Jiren is Saitama mixed with Batman?

I'm pretty sure Frieza was already crazy
Yeah, except Jiren is pretty clearly NOT a hero. He trains because of the most primal thought process in the universe: Im stronger, so Im right.

It's honestly pretty interesting and fitting for a DB villain, and it sucks that this is introduced so late into the arc.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I know the time limit means squat, but, seriously, Belmod? Your team's losing in numbers, but let's stop the battle so I can tell you Jiren's backstory for a bit? Okay, sure, whatever. You guys must really want to win, huh?

I guess with how much attention he was getting, 17 was just too cool to be able to survive this arc. Oh well. Now to wait for the UI vs. Jiren showdown and keep wondering if Frieza's gonna win by technicality at the last possible second.

Nebbygetinthebag

Jiren backstory's was ok while it was sad but it was very generic and I wish Jiren told his story instead of Belmoud but at least it explain why he so arrogant also #17 sacrifice was very unexpected as well sad RIP.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I know the time limit means squat, but, seriously, Belmod? Your team's losing in numbers, but let's stop the battle so I can tell you Jiren's backstory for a bit? Okay, sure, whatever. You guys must really want to win, huh?

I guess with how much attention he was getting, 17 was just too cool to be able to survive this arc. Oh well. Now to wait for the UI vs. Jiren showdown and keep wondering if Frieza's gonna win by technicality at the last possible second.

That's something that's bothered me for much of the tournament. Universe 7 has had the numbers advantage since U6 took a nosedive, and the rules are the universe that wins is the one with the most numbers when time runs out. They're guaranteed to win against Jiren so long as two members on the team remain. I would like to know how the winner is supposed to be decided if the remaining teams have an equal number of fighters left

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
btw, the guy who wrote 126 was the same who wrote 119, not surprised really, both felt really rushed. Also, I'd be down for a traditional ending, the main cast hasn't really been able to legitimately succeed in an arc, with goku losing in BoG, needing whis to fix things in RoF, goku losing in U6vU7 and team U7 only winning because hit gave up, and zeno erasing trunks' timeline

They'll have to rush either way, since the series is ending very soon. I've been wondering for some time now if the whole thing with a new Kitaro show taking their timeslot is something they didn't know until just recently.

And yeah, a traditional ending would be great, though I wonder what they will do with Frieza.

I also like that Jiren's wish is still a mystery, and I suspect it's gonna be pretty dark.

At least 17 gave hints to it based on his words after Belmod's story. It is definitely something related to Jiren's past.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I would like to know how the winner is supposed to be decided if the remaining teams have an equal number of fighters left

The Zen'o's have changed the rules on a whim. If there was really a "tie," then we'd go into overtime.

Kataphrut

I just thought of something funny. At the moment where Jiren's backstory was revealed, literally all the fighters left in the ring were orphans. Goku, Vegeta, 17, even Freeza unless he still has a mother kicking around somewhere. No wonder they didn't care about Jiren's sob story.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Let's take in count Jiren's past is nothing new plot wise, but from the four, Goku is probably the only one who barely had to deal with solitude (if anything, he can't actually differentiate), so, I can see why he's the best foil to Jiren there.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I just thought of something funny. At the moment where Jiren's backstory was revealed, literally all the fighters left in the ring were orphans. Goku, Vegeta, 17, even Freeza unless he still has a mother kicking around somewhere. No wonder they didn't care about Jiren's sob story.

Jiren: And that is my tragic story
Android 17: Big deal. Me and my sister were orphaned delinquents who had their humanity robbed by a deranged scientist who wanted revenge against Goku
Goku: I kind of accidentally killed my grandpa without knowing it. Also, all of my friends have died at least once. I've died twice, actually
Piccolo: I was behind one of those deaths actually. It allowed me to be finally free of the debt to kill him I was literally born to, given I am the son of what amounts to the Devil
Roshi: His father killed my mentor, after causing an apocalypse I lived through
Gohan: My uncle tried to kill me, I've been thrown in warzones for half my life and my father's been dead a good portion of my life
Krillin: I've died three times
Vegeta: Frieza destroyed my people, made me his lackey for years and tortured me to death
Frieza: *scene missing*

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Aya Hisakawa who is known for voicing Ami Mizuno from Sailor Moon and Keroberos from Cardraptor Sakura is Bulma's new Seiyuu. We will hear Hiromi Tsuru one last time in the upcoming episode.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I just realized that Tien and Frieza are the only members in Team Universe 7 without tragedy in their backstory

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I like Completed Ultra Instinct, but Incompleted Ultra Instinct's look is way better imo. I guess I need to see Completed Ultra Instinct in the anime first, so I will change my opinion or not.

I wish Completed Ultra Instinct was Incompleted Ultra Instinct with Red Aura, and they should save white/silver hair for UI+SSJ (Super Saiyan White/Silver or Super Saiyan Ultra).

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Im not too surprised, I thought UI needed some extra to stand out from base Goku, and white is the color people have been imagining since SSJ4.

Goku Blanco is gonna be a massive meme for the next couple weeks, but I think it works, honestly.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Goku Blanco is the laziest greatest thing to come out of Super and I love it.