• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Red and Blue

It's nice they are finally cutting back on the Zeno's screentime. About time.

Wonder how Frieza will factor into Jiren's defeat?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
goku's now super sayan light. Reminds me of ultra necrozma XD. It even shares the name ultra.

Kataphrut

A nice step up from the last few episodes. They nailed the dramatic moments really well, as opposed to last week. Vegeta's refusal to give up and subsequent fall was well done and tragic, but it would have been so much better had the last six episodes not run "muh family, muh Cabba, MUH PRIDE" into the ground. And Goku's resolve unlocking Ultra Instinct was cheesy, but eh. I liked it.

Animation was lackluster compared to last episode, but at least the writing was better. Also, next episode looks stunning. Not a lot of episodes left, here's hoping they pull it off.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I've joked about Jiren being a dumb idiot before, but this is really getting ridiculous. Why is he having such a hard time throwing out some guys without energy? Even with only like 2 minutes left he's still just standing there doing nothing but waiting for his opponents to attack. Jiren is like the worst main antagonist ever in the series. I just can't take him seriously as a threat when he continues to be this dumb.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
But that’s exactly Jiren’s style.

He’s been kicked mercilessly by life and had it instilled in him that power is the only thing that matters, not ideals, not heart, and especially not trust.

If they want to keep getting back up and fight, so be it. Jiren’s just gonna bat them down again in order to make a point that no amount of motivation or drives is going to beat him. Power conquers all.

He did that when he took the Spirit Bomb. He did that when he took the Final Flash. It’s no different here. “Riveting, isn’t it?”

Kataphrut

I've joked about Jiren being a dumb idiot before, but this is really getting ridiculous. Why is he having such a hard time throwing out some guys without energy? Even with only like 2 minutes left he's still just standing there doing nothing but waiting for his opponents to attack. Jiren is like the worst main antagonist ever in the series. I just can't take him seriously as a threat when he continues to be this dumb.

127 was probably the nail in the coffin for Jiren as a character, which is unfortunate because this episode did a much better job of handling the thematic implications of his character. He's a lone wolf who cares about nothing but his own strength, making him a fitting final boss for an arc about teamwork. Sure it may be down to just him and Goku, but the whole idea is that Goku and Vegeta get strength from fighting for others, and wouldn't have gotten as far as they did without teamwork, while Jiren has basically rejected all his so-called friends.

It's decent, workable stuff let down by poor execution, but I'd call it a victim of the way Super is made. No direction, no coherence, nobody to give Toriyama a slap for suggesting the damn tournament have an in-universe time equivalent to two average anime episodes.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I get that, but that is also incredibly contradictory to him actually being in the Pride Troopers. Why is he even a part of a team if he doesn't believe in team work? Jiren would have worked better in U9 or U10 as a loner final boss kind of guy, but in U11 as part of the Pride Trooper team he just doesn't work.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Which is exactly what 17 called out during his fight with Jiren. He accused Jiren of using the Pride Troopers and Belmod for his own purposes without paying it forward in respect and camaraderie, and that managed to get a rise out of Jiren, showing that a nerve had indeed been touched.

phanpycross

God-king
I think Jiren will be proberly be more popular once we have had some time to reflect on the arc. As it stands now I feel like a lot of people are too caught up in "we waited 50 episodes for a Bat-man origin" to see just how good of a foil Jiren really is for Goku.

Also, Broccoli and Burdock announced for Fighterz hype levels maximum

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
People really thought Kale would make the cut over Broly lmao, get rekt'd.

Kefla might still get in though.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't get what's so special about Broly, he isn't even a canon character. I'll take Kale over Broly any day. I don't care for Bardock making it in either; there's much more interesting characters to choose from instead of him imo.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's not that that there's anything special or interesting about Broly, it's his iconic status that gets him in all these games. Even when it doesn't make sense.

Kale will never live up to Broly's status, canon or not.

Kataphrut

Oh, I knew it was a longshot to think Kale would replace Broly in one of these games, at least for now. But still, I can't muster the excitement for him, or Bardock for that matter (Super Saiyan? For god's sake), while Kale would have had me interested. The best part of FighterZ apart from the awesome gameplay is the way they do character interactions. Kale could have had unique interactions with the likes of Caulifla (let's face it, they'd be a pair), Goku, Hit, Freeza, possibly Gohan or Vegeta, among others.

Whereas Broly's character interactions are basically a flowchart.

Is opponent Goku, or looks like Goku?

If yes: "KAKAROOOOT"
If no: Also "KAKAROOOOT"

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
goku's now super sayan light. Reminds me of ultra necrozma XD. It even shares the name ultra.

Oh, totally. Ultra Necrozma is a DBZ power up, and Light That Burns the Sky is the Spirit Bomb, complete with trainer having a "let me lend you my energy!" moment. XD

Anyway, the previews for the next episode sure looked bright and flashy, but this episode was really low key. Mostly just Jiren punching things over and over and over again. And yes, Vegeta sounded like a broken record here, but his actual dropping it was a lot... different than I expected. No super-big, heroic last stand. Just getting pulverized by Jiren and giving whatever energy he's got left to Goku to set up the final showdown. I really do still think there's a chance Frieza's going to win by technicality and everyone's gonna rage. I think I'd love to see that happen just for the reactions alone. Also, loved Belmod's super-meta line about Goku at the end there. Pretty much sums up the whole series.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku has white hair. Angels have white hair and naturally have Ultra Instinct. This makes me wonder...is the reason all the angels have white hair because they're in mastered Ultra Instinct 24/7? Could this form be based off the angel's traits?