• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Honestly couldn't ask for anything more from this episode.

Having the rough grasp in his voice back was a treat, as was Vegeta's speech.
The GoD's standing up and Beerus' grin after confirming what has happened was great too.

Shirtless Goku vs Shirtless Jiren in two weeks. Can't fathom how much Jiren is going to be shat on.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why does almost no-one remember that no matter how powerful their fighter is, it means nothing if they don't have the most fighters remaining when time runs out? Come to think about it, why does Zen'o even have a time limit if the tournament is supposed to entertain him?

Kataphrut

It's Sean schemmel.

Guy's got insecurity issues apparently.

That it was. But they've sorted it now and both Kelamis and Schemmel are coming. The inevitable two-person photo is going to be interesting...

It sucks knowing what a scummy person Sean is given he's my favourite voice of Goku. But, them's the breaks. Thank Super for exposing many of us to the brilliance of Nozawa.

Speaking of Super, this was an amazing episode that should have been one half of an episode. Between the reused animation and the lack of major developments in the first half, what they should have done is gloos over the first half and mold the second half into 130. For a show ending in two episodes, they're certainly dragging the chain.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Yeah, the show's getting boring. It's just dragging and for a climax it doesn't help that neither participant in the fight actually has a personality so it's hard to even care. Goku doesn't have a personality as Ultra Instinct and Jiren never has a personality, so it's just like watching two robots fight or something. They keep on relying on the audience and Omni-King to provide the little bits of personality that are lacking and by doing that they keep on having to cut away from the fight. None of the peanut gallery even has anything interesting to say in their exposition either, nothing that we can't already just see for ourselves. It just drags, there's just no tension. And finally it doesn't help either that this episode wasn't really animated that well. It was all either bank animation or just still images with smears looped over them and I think it's jarring, occasionally changed up with some loop cycles where Jiren and Goku actually visibly move. When your characters aren't even moving in a large portion of your fighting shots there's something wrong.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Does MUI's white hair resonate with the Angel's having white hair? As they are the greatest martial arts masters in existence.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Yeah, the show's getting boring. It's just dragging and for a climax it doesn't help that neither participant in the fight actually has a personality so it's hard to even care. Goku doesn't have a personality as Ultra Instinct and Jiren never has a personality, so it's just like watching two robots fight or something. They keep on relying on the audience and Omni-King to provide the little bits of personality that are lacking and by doing that they keep on having to cut away from the fight. None of the peanut gallery even has anything interesting to say in their exposition either, nothing that we can't already just see for ourselves. It just drags, there's just no tension. And finally it doesn't help either that this episode wasn't really animated that well. It was all either bank animation or just still images with smears looped over them and I think it's jarring, occasionally changed up with some loop cycles where Jiren and Goku actually visibly move. When your characters aren't even moving in a large portion of your fighting shots there's something wrong.

Exactly my thoughts. The whole thing is just pure fanservice at this point. No tension, mindless fighting without any actual strategy or techniques in it, repetitive comments from the bench and the Zenos etc. At some point it even looked like they were also flying too when they were sparring.

Does MUI's white hair resonate with the Angel's having white hair? As they are the greatest martial arts masters in existence.

I keep hearing this theory quite a lot lately. It makes sense imo and I also believe that the Angels might be constantly in this state.

phanpycross

God-king
Mastered Ultra instinct is everything I wanted SSJ3 to be, this monsterous form that is so strong that it feels completely unnatural. I love how it's the first form where Goku actually fights diffrently from his base form, and I want it in fighterz yesterday.

Also, it's hilarious how everybody is suddenly going topless.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
A sense of danger and something to be lost is what dragon ball super lacked for a very long time. The universal survival arc was supposed to bring that and for a little while, it was working. And then U7's fighters kept remaining despite the clear difference in power and all that vanished. When ultra instinct came along the 1st time, my hopes for a desperate struggle and for uncertainty that U7 could win, leading to not a simple defeat everyone but more of a strategic true survival tournament, was simply gone. I still believe if U4 was actually intelligent, they would have won by technicality by leaving their minuscule fighters always hidden. Hell, why not make half the team that size and training them to simply run away? Anyway, the fact that a new transformation was achieved by goku turned the tournament into the "when mastered ultra instinct?" waiting game. And these last episodes were so boring, especially the last one. Vegeta's last stand, leading to goku repeating the same that happened to him in namek when he was about to drown, didn't have any impact at all. Cool looking fights, big fancy explosions and all but there's no soul in them. Also, the lack of consistency throughout the tournament was grating.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Who would've found it more interesting if Jiren wasn't the actual final boss? Part of me hoped that it was Universe 4 that would be the final boss.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Who would've found it more interesting if Jiren wasn't the actual final boss? Part of me hoped that it was Universe 4 that would be the final boss.

I would have loved that personally. Make Jiren a lot weaker and goofier and turn U11 into essentially the good guy versions of the Ginyu Force, and give the actual final boss to someone like Kefla or someone else entirely new but with personality. I just don't think Jiren has the emotional range to actually work as a final boss of a major arc, and with Ultra Instinct Goku also having no emotional range to be seen it becomes very stale. Kefla vs Goku was really well-received and cool partially because Kefla could actually carry the emotional requirements that such a role entails and was excited and invested in the fight. Yes, they say that Goku doesn't think about anything else than the fight and blabla, but they don't show it. Show, don't tell. There's no body language there whatsoever to show what these characters are going through.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This week's dub episode was hilarious; I was looking forward to seeing the scene with Trunks and 18 in the dub after seeing it in the original.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I really hope something is done with Zen'o. No matter how innocent he is, the fact he's destroyed entire universes shouldn't be swept under the rug

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I really hope something is done with Zen'o. No matter how innocent he is, the fact he's destroyed entire universes shouldn't be swept under the rug

That's literally his job lmao.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's literally his job lmao.

The Omni-King isn't some multiversal God of Destruction. Zeno's job is to monitor the universes and make sure the gods are doing their job. He's not even doing that, spending his time playing and being bored out of his mind, and leaves the Grand Priest to do his job instead. And now he has the gall to destroy over half his domain because he can't be bothered to put the extra work in and he thinks looking after 12 is hard. Yeah, they have bad mortal level, but that should be remedied by hiring more competent staff so they can be 7 or higher in time

BCVM22

You've spent the last however many tens of episodes of Super going "Zeno shouldn't be doing this, Zeno should be doing that, I hate Zeno, I hope someone puts him in his place."

We get it. It's a bit much at this point.

My hope is you'll take the likely extended hiatus and move on. You imposing your fanfiction rules on a character doesn't actually make any of it so.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Finally saw the episode after losing power/internet to a winter storm. Very flashy. Though there were quite a lot of reused stills and animations. But it looks like the next episode should be the end of it. And, uh, Frieza's still not out. That opening bit with the Zen'o's looking at their God Pads pretty much served no other purpose to me than to scream, "Hey, Frieza's still in this, remember?" The possibility of a massive troll ending with Frieza winning by technicality still exists! At this point, I just want to see it happen to see the internet break.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You've spent the last however many tens of episodes of Super going "Zeno shouldn't be doing this, Zeno should be doing that, I hate Zeno, I hope someone puts him in his place."

We get it. It's a bit much at this point.

My hope is you'll take the likely extended hiatus and move on. You imposing your fanfiction rules on a character doesn't actually make any of it so.

Villains tend to find some karma in this series, so I am wondering where Zeno's is.

BCVM22

Zeno isn't a villain, though. He/they are children. Children with destructive impulses, certainly, but they aren't inherently malicious. Not unlike Majin Buu when he first emerged from his egg, and they brought that to a friendly conclusion eventually.

uber gon

Accept Change
INB4 Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct. Or Ultra Instinct Oozaru.