• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Red and Blue

So this should clear any doubt about what happens in the finale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/84lf70/episode_131_weekly_shōnen_jump/
This one explicitly states that Goku fell from the ring and couldn't beat Jiren.
Goku is out for good and "didn't just fall on a rock"

Shame that the forum is undergoing changes on the day the episode comes out. I was looking forward to that discussion.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
So this should clear any doubt about what happens in the finale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/84lf70/episode_131_weekly_shōnen_jump/
This one explicitly states that Goku fell from the ring and couldn't beat Jiren.
Goku is out for good and "didn't just fall on a rock"

Shame that the forum is undergoing changes on the day the episode comes out. I was looking forward to that discussion.

Well I think it was pretty obvious already but I guess some people didn't want to accept the truth lol

Red and Blue

Well I think it was pretty obvious already but I guess some people didn't want to accept the truth lol

Eh, people on Reddit always seemed to hope that things would play out differently than what the summaries stated. I remember people refusing to believe that Hit would be beaten by Jiren. Or that U6 would have been saved via the U6 Namekians fusing with Piccolo.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/974562112210026496

Meanwhile this one has Goku and Freeza fighting together in the last episode.

Ultra Instinct might have burned out and Goku fell, but he could still just Instant Transmission straight back up, now that Freeza's back up and giving a ki signature of Goku to lock onto.

Then Freeza and Goku can stall out for the next 10 seconds or so and win by numbers.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
With Super coming to an end, I feel it's appropriate to ask on what people think is the better successor to the original manga/two anime-Dragonball GT or Dragonball Super?

Kataphrut

With Super coming to an end, I feel it's appropriate to ask on what people think is the better successor to the original manga/two anime-Dragonball GT or Dragonball Super?

GT is the Star Wars prequel trilogy, despite being a sequel, while Super is the Star Wars sequel trilogy, despite being a midquel.

Neither quite matches the heights of the original, but one is clearly better than the other.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

I don't know. I prefer Super's humour in the slice-of-life stuff and Super does a slightly better job of bringing characters that aren't Goku into the limelight, although to a large part that's just focused on Vegeta. On the other hand, I feel like GT had the more interesting antagonists. I think Beerus and Zamasu were great antagonists, but the rest of them are just really boring. Freeza had already been done plenty of times and failed to be a legitimate threat to Goku and Vegeta, especially in the movie. Hit was fairly bland as a character but he at least had some cool abilities to back it up and the universe 6 tournament was sufficiently short so that he didn't overstay his welcome. Jiren is by far the worst antagonist in the entire series. His character is as bland as it can be, his backstory isn't interesting at all, he's got no unique powers at all (he's just strong), and this arc takes forever (unlike some movie villains like Super Android 13). I feel like the GT villains had better backstories and more connection between the arcs. Baby was cool and had so much buildup throughout the first arc of looking for the black star dragon balls and was tied in with Vegeta's past. Super 17 was bland and the hell-stuff doesn't really make much sense considering how the afterlife worked in the manga (but Super also ignores it with Freeza, and so does plenty of Toei's material like Fusion Reborn so meh) but he was tied with previous threats Dr. Myuu and Dr. Gero quite nicely and he didn't overstay his welcome. The Shadow Dragons were as a concept amazing, tying them to the overuse of the Dragon Balls, but the execution fell short outside of Omega Shenron. If they had more time to flesh out the other Shadow Dragons and have several of the other characters in the cast fight them it could have been amazing.

Aside from the villains, I feel like GT did more cool stuff. Super Saiyan 4 is just really cool and I love it. Bringing back the Great Ape forms was really cool as well. The God forms of Super just don't really hit it for me, they feel like lazy colour-swaps. Especially the red form, which initially was quite cool as it was almost like a six-way fusion in how difficult it was to get and how powerful it was, and then they just got rid of the fusion requirement because Goku absorbed the power because he was the main character. Granted. GT also did that with Super Saiyan 4, I'd have preferred it if they kept the full moon being present as a requirement for the transformation (although with that power ball technique which resembles the moon it doesn't really matter too much in the grand scheme of things).

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
[spoil]Whoever watched today's episode on TV or livestream( I don't wanna spoil it to people who didn't watch it); just a friendly reminder that if Goku didn't lose UI, U7 would win with 3 people on the field. BTW 17 is not dead.Also,U7 will win, pretty much.[/spoil]

phanpycross

God-king
-7 seems so pointless here, Frieza would honestly have been fine.

Rest of the episode was F*cking banger tho, action was superb, Jiren's meltdown was satisfying, and Ultra Instinct still looks cool as f*ck.

Red and Blue

The fight should have ended here. How are they going to have enough time next week to wrap this up?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
17's explosion was so conclusive that even the Grand Priest said he had died from it.

....if Goku and Freeza had fallen, would he even had noticed it and declared the fight a draw, or would he had declared U7 the loser despite that not being true.

The GP's been rigging this tournament from the start for U7, hasn't he. :v

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't know how to feel.

Biggest asspull in probably awhile, but at the same time you're not about see much of 17 again so take what you can get lmao.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I am just gonna throw it here... remember that picture for episode 131; Frieza and Goku looking shocked? I predict they're being eliminated and 'shocked' and 17 somehow wins whole thing.So, I will lock on 17 winning ToP. Everybody is saying Frieza will win but twist is 17 will win.

Kataphrut

I think I was one of the ones complaining that 17 was getting too much shine, but at this point, I don't care anymore. Rock on MVP! I also love that despite Vegeta's big talk about Saiyans last episode, our final three contenders are Goku using a form that has nothing to do with Super Saiyan, Freeza and ANDROID 17. While part of me still wishes Gohan had been in that spot, this honestly makes up for it.

Also, while I'm sure people are complaining about it, Jiren attacking the stands in a fit of anger was the best character writing he's ever had. It contextualises his philosophy better than any hackneyed backstory flashback, and Goku turning the fight around on him in response to the point where he pretty much threw in the towel afterward cemented that his arc was a) complete and b) actually existed. Hell, as hyped as I am for Freeza and 17 being the big heroes in the final ep, I almost wish the fight had ended here, since it's hard to imagine how it can keep going after that. Plus, the animation in this episode was so mind-blowingly spectacular, even next week's Takahashi-fronted finale probably won't top it. And we really need more than half an episode to wrap up the non-fighting side of the tournament. The preview suggests we'll get to see Super Shenron summoned, but I feel like it can't just end there unless it's going to lead directly into the movie.

Last edited: