• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Knowing that 17's self destruct had the same conclusion as vegeta's explosion, almost nullifies the impact it had. I'm glad he's still alive but i wish his sacrifice was as meaningful as shown in that episode.

What jiren did defined and cemented his character as the one who will throw away any rules for the sake of his beliefs. Friendship gives you strength? Not if they're dead, it won't. More than the clash of powers, this fight is a clash of ideals and jiren's clearly on the losing side. Now, for how the 3 remaining U7's fighters will either defeat jiren (i doubt it) or run the clock, with jiren still having even some of his power, is gonna be interesting.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Honestly Jiren was more entertaining in this one episode than he had been for the rest of the arc, and I actually liked the role reversal during the first part of the episode where Goku was silent and emotionless while Jiren was very quickly losing his cool. It felt like a solid taste of Jiren's own medicine. 17 surviving is whatever at this point. Considering this whole arc has been full of people powering up (and up and up) while 17's just been there trying to applying logic to this tournament... he kind of deserves the upset win at this point.

Also, no Zen'os throughout the entire episode. Huzzah!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
kinda funny how most of the spoiler summaries turned out wrong, it's definitely thrown those on youtube who post them for a loop and their happy because no one knows what to expect next Saturday.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
kinda funny how most of the spoiler summaries turned out wrong, it's definitely thrown those on youtube who post them for a loop and their happy because no one knows what to expect next Saturday.

It's not so much they were wrong, they were just misleading or very vague.

Red and Blue

I'm curious how Belmod will react when he and the rest of U11 are(temporarily) erased. It must be a slap in the face to him when he was so certain of U11's victory.

togenaught18

Out of the arena inst exactly eliminated, even that was true, but that didnt mention freezer will save him. Troll spoiler :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
17's explosion was so conclusive that even the Grand Priest said he had died from it.

....if Goku and Freeza had fallen, would he even had noticed it and declared the fight a draw, or would he had declared U7 the loser despite that not being true.

The GP's been rigging this tournament from the start for U7, hasn't he. :v

No, it's because their plot armor makes katchin katchin look like tissue paper

The fight should have ended here. How are they going to have enough time next week to wrap this up?

I hope next episode is double the length. Although it's also possible we may be getting a cliffhanger

BCVM22

I hope next episode is double the length.

I think we'd know if it were, the same way we knew well ahead of time that episodes 109 and 110 were airing as a double-length special. They'd have advertised it that way from the beginning.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think we'd know if it were, the same way we knew well ahead of time that episodes 109 and 110 were airing as a double-length special. They'd have advertised it that way from the beginning.

Then my worst fears are realized. This better be a cliffhanger, they cannot sweep all that closure in part of an episode

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think I was one of the ones complaining that 17 was getting too much shine, but at this point, I don't care anymore. Rock on MVP! I also love that despite Vegeta's big talk about Saiyans last episode, our final three contenders are Goku using a form that has nothing to do with Super Saiyan, Freeza and ANDROID 17. While part of me still wishes Gohan had been in that spot, this honestly makes up for it.

Also, while I'm sure people are complaining about it, Jiren attacking the stands in a fit of anger was the best character writing he's ever had. It contextualises his philosophy better than any hackneyed backstory flashback, and Goku turning the fight around on him in response to the point where he pretty much threw in the towel afterward cemented that his arc was a) complete and b) actually existed. Hell, as hyped as I am for Freeza and 17 being the big heroes in the final ep, I almost wish the fight had ended here, since it's hard to imagine how it can keep going after that. Plus, the animation in this episode was so mind-blowingly spectacular, even next week's Takahashi-fronted finale probably won't top it. And we really need more than half an episode to wrap up the non-fighting side of the tournament. The preview suggests we'll get to see Super Shenron summoned, but I feel like it can't just end there unless it's going to lead directly into the movie.

There's no way next weeks episode is going to be anywhere near as good as 130 in terms of action and animation. 130 is by far the best Toei can do right now with Super, they put pretty much all of their best action animators of the show in this episode and gave all of them plenty of time to really give it the best they can do. Takahashi is the hype lately but I feel like Shida is still much better in terms of animation. His cut from 130 is by far the best animation Dragon Ball Super has put out thus far. He animates the part from where Goku gets angry at Jiren for attacking the stands and the next 45 or so seconds. If you take a good look at it, he actually animates Goku grinding on Jiren's attacks with little blue ki balls similar to how Goku grinded on Kefla's attack in that final charge with the kamehameha, but here it's so fast and mixed with so much movement and rotation it's easy to miss, but once you see it it's absolutely mind-blowing. The amount of detail he still manages to put in his artwork even during complex motion is simply absurd.

My guess is that next week we'll have maybe 4 or so more minutes of action before it concludes. Then they summon the dragon which will signal the half-way point, which leaves the second half of the episode for making the wish and wrapping things up. It'll be a bit of a tight fit but I'm sure it can be done, there's a lot of content you can fit in an episode if you don't cut away to Omni-Kings every other scene. Sure, the preview is mostly action, but I'm also sure that Toei wants to keep the details of the conclusion a surprise so they mostly put the action in there to hype up the next episode.

Last edited:

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
I don't know how to feel.

Biggest asspull in probably awhile, but at the same time you're not about see much of 17 again so take what you can get lmao.
Except it wasn't. It was super obvious Toei was hinting to us at the possibility of 17 still being alive when they had the Grand Priest say we can ASSUME he self-destructed. Heck a summary that was released on 22nd Febuary said "Goku, Freeza and Andriod 17 vs. Jiren" so they already revealed it to us then, but it was thought to be a mistake. Plus you're forgetting that 17 is an Android and so his energy can't be detected, thus Toei is able to have 17 hide under some rubble and not tell us anything about it due to this. Hiding the truth from us is not an asspull, especially when they have things to back it up and I like they didn't spoil it.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This is my ranking system on who has more chance to win the tournament.( from the worst to best)

1. Goku= 20%( I don't think Goku will win because he got 1 transformation here + mastered it, he couldn't beat Jiren because he doesn't have it permanently.It was shown in a preview that he doesn't go any SS nor SSJB and Jiren's finger>Base Goku.Also, Goku has the most transformations and because of that picture for 131.)
2. Frieza= 40% (Reason why I don't see Frieza winning is because Goku already promised him if they win, he will resurrect him with normal DBs.Frieza's plan was to use SDB in his own benefit( to be above GoDs), since DBS is ending I doubt it will have that ending, also if he really wanted that he would act differently, he's actually acting like helping his team instead of being solo, and according to that picture for 131.)
3.Jiren 80%=( I think Jiren can win because he can finally open his eyes and have a change of the heart, he can win and take Goku's word for a granted, that's why maybe Beerus and anothers are shocked because Jiren's wish is bring back all universes and he asked Zeno not to erase U7 because his wish will be to bring back all)
4. 17 90%( I don't know, It seems this guy has the most chances to win, they brought him back, so TOEI is maybe like " He's MVP, so he wins", Beerus and others have shocking faces because 17 wishes for boat or gives his wish to someone, or wishes for something else.)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Jiren has been completely burned out by Ultra Instinct Goku, and he has no regeneration ability. The Jiren in this final episode will be a Jiren with barely any stamina left and severely weakened.

Super's all been about fighting enemies with technique and other measures to make the power gap a non-issue. Three god-tier fighters all coordinating their efforts are going to be doing damage to Jiren regardless of how strong any of them were starting out, and we can see that clearly in the preview, where Jiren takes a ki blast volley into the pillar, then gets knee'd in the neck by Goku.

BCVM22

Then my worst fears are realized. This better be a cliffhanger, they cannot sweep all that closure in part of an episode

"This better be," as if there are any consequences beyond you ranting here about how they didn't listen to you and write the episode according to your script.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
"This better be," as if there are any consequences beyond you ranting here about how they didn't listen to you and write the episode according to your script.

It's just that I don't see them being able to bring closure to the series in under an episode. That's why I assumed that the tournament would have ended in the most recent episode

BCVM22

It's just that I don't see them being able to bring closure to the series in under an episode. That's why I assumed that the tournament would have ended in the most recent episode

Just a few posts prior to yours, someone provided a very reasonable episode outline by which they could end the tournament very early in the episode and spend the rest of the time cleaning up.

And if they don't... so be it. We know this isn't the end of the story. Just the point at which they're going to take a break for a while.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Whoever he's facing off against looked like he wore an outfit similar to the God's of Destructions.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/976155517125971968

30 second trailer for the 2018 film, being pegged as a Dragonball Super film.

The tagline "Earth has Goku" at the end might indicate the film's being contained within just Universe 7.

Interesting. I'm not sure why they're already bringing out a trailer now, it doesn't feel fine tuned yet. The perspective between camera angle, Goku, and the background is off, which makes it look really weird. I do like this art style though.

Red and Blue

Just read the recent chapter from the Super manga.

Man if you thought Krillin and Tien got screwed in the anime version it was nothing compared to the manga :/