• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ugh more Broly stuff? I just lost all interest in this movie

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The Dragonball Heroes anime is the most blatantly fanfiction thing ever.

Heroes has always been that though, and the anime is little more than an extended commercial for people to buy the cards. I don't think it was ever meant to be an actually solid story.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Broly straight up cashing in on that recognition check.

Being such a iconic character came with benefits.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh. Joy.

One of the (arguably) worst things to come out of Dragonball is getting rebooted.

...Even though we essentially just did that with Kale.

And Toriyama's in charge of doing the new Broly? After what happened with Bardock in Dragonball Minus, I have reservations. But then again, it's Broly. You can only go up from such a low point.

Red and Blue

Oh. Joy.

One of the (arguably) worst things to come out of Dragonball is getting rebooted.

...Even though we essentially just did that with Kale.

And Toriyama's in charge of doing the new Broly? After what happened with Bardock in Dragonball Minus, I have reservations. But then again, it's Broly. You can only go up from such a low point.
I agree, I hate how Toriyama completely changed Bardock's character. Which is odd since the Bardock special is his favorite film. He even included some of it in the original manga canon

Poke Trainer J

On a canonical standpoint it just proves doulie's theory on YouTube that Goku never actually achieved Super Saiyan when he first fought against Frieza on Namek in Dragon Ball Z since it was incomplete and that Broly was the one who managed to fully achieve it first. The only reason why it seemed complete was due to the zenkai boost that Goku acquired from his previous fight against Ginyu. Otherwise he might not have been able to muster the anger needed to reach the incomplete state when Frieza killed Krillin on Namek.

Broly is the original Legendary Super Saiyan while Yamoshi is the original Super Saiyan God, yet when Vegeta was almost convinced that Goku was the original Legendary Super Saiyan during his fight against the Ginyu Force on Namek; it turned out that he mistook Goku for Broly only to realize it much later unless he mistook Goku for Yamoshi instead which seems more likely since that seemed to be the case with Beerus before he met Goku. I think this upcoming film will shed some more light on the connection between Broly and Yamoshi.

Toriyama can try to reboot Broly as much as he likes but that still won't change how the character's fans view him since his inception regardless If the films are canon, same with Bardock. While I think Episode of Bardock was a terrible mistake I will give Toriyama credit for explaining his backstory in Dragon Ball Minus despite ruining a little bit of the mystery behind Goku's development as an infant. Kale in Dragon Ball Super was initially created to avoid potential backlash of making Broly officially canon but when the fans got upset with Kale and Caulifla in Dragon Ball Super, Toriyama caved under pressure.

Last edited:

BCVM22

None of the Z films are canon, much less Broly’s films. It’s very clear that this is Toriyama simply taking the opportunity to refresh a character at the periphery of the franchise and both make him canonical and flesh him out.

I don’t think it’s Toriyama “caving under pressure” and it most certainly does not prove anyone’s “YouTube theory,” as the law states that anything posted as a “YouTube theory" is automatically wrong and is to be discarded, even if there turns out to be a degree of accuracy to it later on.

Sorry, I don’t make the rules.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Rebooted Broly's design

ce1hW3R.jpg

nt6pg3s.jpg

Last edited:

BCVM22

That's modern Frieza Force armor, too. Probably gives us a hint as to Broly's entry point into the story and the present day.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Makes you wonder how Broly laid low for presumably 40+ years and then found himself within the Freeza Force.

The neckbrace and the yellow irises seem to hint at mind suppression like his movie counterpart. If that's the case, interesting to see how they managed that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Maybe he's been in suspended animation like the Winter Soldier

Red and Blue

Paragus is in the film. By the way, where are the tails? Both Broly and his dad are U7 saiyans.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Genetically modified, huh. Never

Never did I think the dub would suddenly feel out of place for me.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Paragus is in the film. By the way, where are the tails? Both Broly and his dad are U7 saiyans.
Look at the right picture. There's a bump that's likely his tail underneath his clothes