• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Red and Blue

Well at least it looks pretty. I just appreciate that there wasn't
a fake out difusion
this time. That has to be a first canon wise

uber gon

Accept Change
So if the spoilers are correct, TFS is probably going to make another sex scene.

Red and Blue

Well. unfortunately that isn't the case anymore
How?
Broly was saved at the last minute. While Gogeta technically didnt defeat him the match wasn't interrupted as a result of the fusion being prematurely cut short

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
New Super manga chapter is up on viz's site.

The villain's name is Moro, and he's been active in the universe for as long as the Kaioshins have been. Grand Kaioshin and South Kaioshin personally enter the mortal plane to contend with him, but find themselves outmatched by Moro. Moro has a special magical ability that drains the lifeforce and ki of anything his attack strikes, which he can then consume to increase his own power - basically the Tree of Might reimagined as a single attack - so the Kaioshins had no chance of overcoming him in force. So, Grand Kaioshin decides to use a technique he invented that can seal magical power away, though it comes with a sacrifice of nearly all of his god ki. The technique is successful, and severely damages and fatigues Moro in the process, and Moro is imprisoned by the Galactic Police. Magical strength =/= physical power however, and Moro is not lacking in either department, so all attempts to execute Moro ended with Police fatalities; he's given a life sentence in imprisonment instead.

10 million years later into the present day, and as we know, Grand Kaioshin has been assimilated by Majin Buu (It's implied that his stunt with Moro is the reason he lost to Buu way back then, indirectly making Moro responsible for Buu getting away with all he did). The technique he used to seal Moro's magic is deteriorating, and Moro immediately took advantage of that and escaped the Patrol's prison. The Patrol has no other idea on how to contain Moro, so this is why they took Majin Buu, in the hopes of acquiring Grand Kaioshin's technique from him somehow to repeat the process. But, Buu's still asleep, so there's little they can do about it until he wakes up.

Meanwhile, Goku and Vegeta are made honorary members of the Galactic Patrol until the Moro business is settled, and they, along with Jaco and Merus, go to stop a trio of bandits stealing a fuel source. They're eventually caught, but Vegeta notices that Merus has the speed and instinct to have done it all on his own without Goku's input, and is curious to see how strong Merus really is. Moro's current location is finally located, and Goku uses the general direction given to search for him using Instant Transmission, in order to get a read on the guy. Goku does find Moro, but Moro sensed Goku sensing him and psychically makes his awareness to him known, shocking Goku completely.

New villain, bringing lots of new stuff to the table, background and aura about him makes him threatening in a non-power related way. Excellent stuff.

Poke Trainer J

In other words Goku and Vegeta end up sacrificing their God Ki to defeat Moro which directly ties into the events of the End of Z with the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai and Dragon Ball GT with Super Saiyan 4. The 28th Tenkaichi Budokai is meant to help reinvigorate Goku's fighting spirit after losing the ability to go Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue, and Mastered Ultra Instinct by sparring with Uub and taking him in as his new student. Beerus decides to challenge Goku and Vegeta when they're able to go Super Saiyan 4 before their eventual showdown with Omega Shenron.

After being defeated Beerus tells Goku and Vegeta the truth that he was the one who ordered Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta (a.k.a. Planet Sadala of Universe 7) though Goku would probably say that they paid for their mistakes just like he told Frieza when they first fought on Namek. Beerus and Whis say goodbye to Universe 7 for their hospitality leaving everything else to Goku and his friends in their battle against the Shadow Dragons in Dragon Ball GT. Everything else happens just like it did where Goku leaves with Shenron while the Earth's Dragon Balls aren't able to be used for a century.

The only question is where does that leave Broly since he's now canon? I take it he decides to reside on the Planet Sadala of Universe 6 with his girlfriend from the Frieza Force leading to a potential love triangle with Kale though I highly doubt it. Does Gohan learn Super Saiyan 4 first before Goku and Vegeta? I'm not even sure If Toei let alone Toyotaro are competent enough to establish this kind of writing for Dragon Ball but then again they've always been known to go against everyone's expectations of the franchise.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If it weren't for the fact Super felt like an extraordinarily awful fanfic from like 2004, I mighta called that post the worst thing I've ever read.

GT was a mistake.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'd be okay with the Shadow Dragons being brought back and expanded upon, actually. That was the one thing about GT that was the most interesting, yet tragically squandered.

Anyhoo it's been a while since I last posted in here, but I've been watching Super lately partly to get prepared for the Broly movie and partly to get my one brother to stop pestering me about it. I'm just now reaching the Future Trunks arc, but thus far I'm not upset with it. For as shoddy as the pacing is, and I feel something's still missing from the equation, I've had some giggly moments here and there, the fights aren't too off-kilter, and I think the inclusion of there being 12 universes of six pairs of twins makes for interesting world-building, albeit kinda cheap. I dunno, I like Champa, he and Beerus butting heads like the siblings they are is enjoyable to me. Also am liking how they brought up the fact Gohan skimping out on his training meant having to suffer the consequences and was just a blow to his pride. Apparently it's not focused on enough from what I've heard, but it's nice that it was addressed, even though Gohan will never be as strong as his father like he's supposed to be (least not on-screen).

Vegeta I think is what's been holding Super up for so long, his character arc is really fascinating, and that there's more potential stories to tell with his growth is actually kinda exciting. Also have enjoyed watching Piccolo becoming a surrogate grandpa to Pan, I dunno, it's cute to me.

We'll see how this current opinion changes the further along I get.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The Shadow Dragon concept was really cool. It added new lore to the titular items. It made the constant overusing of them an actual consequence. It made the Dragon Balls important again. It felt like the series being named "Dragon Ball" actually meant something for once.

Only problem, as with a lot of what GT did, was execution.

Poke Trainer J

If it weren't for the fact Super felt like an extraordinarily awful fanfic from like 2004, I mighta called that post the worst thing I've ever read.

GT was a mistake.
On the contrary Dragon Ball Super gave me a new appreciation for Dragon Ball GT, but If we're going to be perfectly honest I'd say that the franchise should've ended after the Saiyan Saga in Dragon Ball Z. Make it so that no one is able to use the Earth's Dragon Balls, allow Krillin to get the finishing blow on Vegeta before he leaves Earth. Keep Kami, Piccolo, Tien, Chiaotzu, and Yamcha dead with the arc concluding on a bittersweet victory where father and son are reunited with the Earth safe for the time being. That would be the logical thing to do If Toriyama and Toei wasn't into marketing or merchandising.
The Shadow Dragon concept was really cool. It added new lore to the titular items. It made the constant overusing of them an actual consequence. It made the Dragon Balls important again. It felt like the series being named "Dragon Ball" actually meant something for once.

Only problem, as with a lot of what GT did, was execution.
Except the franchise being named "Dragon Ball" never really meant anything as nothing more than a glorified "get out of jail free" card that's been used repeatedly to correct problems that the main cast has ran into being the loss of their friends and loved ones. It's kind of a unique problem for a piece of fiction when a character dying or the Earth being blown up is just an inconvenience. They've had the Dragon Balls disappear and make things tense again in the past but they always ruin it shortly thereafter when a new set of Dragon Balls is discovered or just invented yet they still felt the need to say when Frieza blew up the Earth, "Oh no the Dragon Balls are gone."

Let's not forget Goku's ability to travel anywhere with his stupid Instant Transmission technique since it was even proven that he could travel to Other World when he was still alive by sending Cell to King Kai's planet before blowing up. So what's stopping him from going to New Namek to use their Dragon Balls If the one's on Earth are gone? He could've gone there to wish the Earth back now that the Namek Dragon Balls had their wish power upgraded during Buu Saga ahh screw it you get the point. If that wasn't bad enough Whis can reverse time to the point where they don't even need the Dragon Balls anymore let alone the fact that he can easily bring someone like Frieza back to life with minimal effort.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Funny, ever since Super started I've been seeing a lot of praise directed towards GT that you never would have seen in the past.

As for Broly, Cheelai, and Kale love triangle? Lol no way. We already know who Kale has her eyes set on

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'll take Super Saiyan 4 over dyeing Goku's hair another color of the rainbow any day. Blue and Mastered Ultra Instinct killed whatever hype base God form ever brought for me.

At least that was a good design. ...Bar Vegeta's mullet and jeans. Guy's stuck in the 80s.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So the Broly movie is out in the west. Anyone see it yet?

Just got home from seeing it, actually. I like it overall and think this is the best Dragon Ball has ever looked, but I had a hard time keeping up with the fight sequences at times because of the shaky/flying cam. Also noticed the director has quite a thing for close-up shots of the eyeball, like ease up on the extreme close-ups there, man. I don't remember that being prevalent in One Piece Film: Z. Which, by the way, I got reminded of quite a bit during the climatic battle, though it was nice watching this ice continent go volcanic over time.

Audience was cooperative. Wasn't as big as the previous two films, but then again, that was to be expected with the showing I attended.

Red and Blue

Just got home from seeing it, actually. I like it overall and think this is the best Dragon Ball has ever looked, but I had a hard time keeping up with the fight sequences at times because of the shaky/flying cam. Also noticed the director has quite a thing for close-up shots of the eyeball, like ease up on the extreme close-ups there, man. I don't remember that being prevalent in One Piece Film: Z. Which, by the way, I got reminded of quite a bit during the climatic battle, though it was nice watching this ice continent go volcanic over time.

Audience was cooperative. Wasn't as big as the previous two films, but then again, that was to be expected with the showing I attended.
From what I saw on Kazenshu most people seem to rank it between Battle of Gods and Resurrection F. Better than that film but not quite as good as BoG. I just want to know what was cut to meet th hour and a half mark

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'll take Super Saiyan 4 over dyeing Goku's hair another color of the rainbow any day. Blue and Mastered Ultra Instinct killed whatever hype base God form ever brought for me.

At least that was a good design. ...Bar Vegeta's mullet and jeans. Guy's stuck in the 80s.
tbh, ultra instinct omen>mastered ultra instinct in terms of design, it looks like a "zen mode" for goku, which works for the concept of UI, while MUI's white hair feels tacked on, they should've just given him a double aura (like the one in that poster from around the time episode 110 originally aired)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I finally saw Dragon Ball Super: Broly... IT IS EASILY THE MOST AMAZING MOVIE IN THE ENTIRE DRAGONBALL SERIES! If your a Dragon Ball fan, you have to GO SEE THIS FILM at least once in your lifetime! This is more than just some simple fan-service, the story and progression-of-action is so amazing! In fact, Goku and Vegeta's battle against Broly is easily the most colorful battle in the entire series.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not all that interested in seeing Goku and Vegeta vs the next bad guy, it's so formulaic in that we've seen it so many times before, and each time following the same script of them not wanting to fight together and especially Vegeta being grumpy and asinine about it, and then eventually they decide to work together as some big revelation, and then after the fight they once again say to never fight together again. They did it in Buu, they did it in Cooler 2, they did it in Fusion Reborn, they did it in Resurrection F, they did it with Zamasu, they did it with Jiren. If they continue doing this even more they can start re-using the voice audio of the conversations between Goku and Vegeta between different arcs. The dynamic hasn't offered anything new for a long time and got stale, so the premise of Goku and Vegeta once again being the ones to fight this foe is far from interesting to me. I'd much rather have seen characters like Gohan or Gotenks getting some more involvement rather than more anti-social jerk Vegeta (who in my opinion deserved to be excluded from Dende's teleportation wish on Namek). Neither of them have ever fought together with Goku, not really.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm not all that interested in seeing Goku and Vegeta vs the next bad guy, it's so formulaic in that we've seen it so many times before, and each time following the same script of them not wanting to fight together and especially Vegeta being grumpy and asinine about it, and then eventually they decide to work together as some big revelation, and then after the fight they once again say to never fight together again. They did it in Buu, they did it in Cooler 2, they did it in Fusion Reborn, they did it in Resurrection F, they did it with Zamasu, they did it with Jiren. If they continue doing this even more they can start re-using the voice audio of the conversations between Goku and Vegeta between different arcs. The dynamic hasn't offered anything new for a long time and got stale, so the premise of Goku and Vegeta once again being the ones to fight this foe is far from interesting to me. I'd much rather have seen characters like Gohan or Gotenks getting some more involvement rather than more anti-social jerk Vegeta (who in my opinion deserved to be excluded from Dende's teleportation wish on Namek). Neither of them have ever fought together with Goku, not really.
hehehehahahahahaHAHAHAHHA! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR MISSING! Broly is one of the most deepest complicated characters ever designed in DB since Vegeta and Piccolo. He is definitely no one-time bad guy, he's not just some fanservice and he is nothing like Jiren whose backstory was covered by exposition. You have to go see this film!