• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Will there even be a new season of DBS????? :/

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why not? Frieza’s japanese VA, ryuusei nakao is quite healthy and active.
Because its been years after DBS ended and the writers didnt even confirm we will have a new series, despite having 2 movies already.

Sakura clear arc was worse. The series just ended on a major cliffhanger YEARS ago and the writers didnt even say there will be a season 2.
Why make the a new series to CardCapture Sakura if there are just going to end the new series in the middle of the plot just like that?
Atleast DBS series ended with a reasonable plot, although the mange keeps going

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Because its been years after DBS ended and the writers didnt even confirm we will have a new series, despite having 2 movies already.

Sakura clear arc was worse. The series just ended on a major cliffhanger YEARS ago and the writers didnt even say there will be a season 2.
Why make the a new series to CardCapture Sakura if there are just going to end the new series in the middle of the plot just like that?
Atleast DBS series ended with a reasonable plot, although the mange keeps going
There need to be a big gap between the anime and manga before the anime can continue.
For example: the Boruto manga is monthly and in 2021 the anime adapted all the manga chapters of 2018-2020 and most of the chapters of 2021.
the DBS manga is also monthly so maybe after 1-2 years the anime could return.
I dont know if the CCS manga is weekly or monthly, but there could be a lot of reasons like popularity and the corona thing delaying things.
Overworld is getting a fourth season after 3 years so who know what can happen with other anime.

BCVM22

If there's new content involving Frieza there might be a new voice for Frieza that sounds similar to Ayres like when Vic Mignogna was replaced for the voice of Broly.I doubt Linda Young will be doing it again.
The late Ayres was understudied by Daman Mills for the entirety of the Tournament of Power. One would imagine the role is now his permanently.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Didn’t they confirm there will be a new season?
they haven't confirmed anything and tbh I'd rather resources go to One Piece anyways

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
iirc masako nozawa (goku’s VA) said that she’s looking forward to the next season? Or maybe i’m misremembering things….
idk, haven't really checked much tbh

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I wish the other Universes were explored more in DBS,put less focus on Goku/Vegeta and more on Hit/Jiren.
We still dont know nothing about the threat from when Jiren was younger, but both Hit and Jiren had a bit of spotlight in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, but since some things are messed up in that series, i get why some people dont want to watch it.

Morax

King of heroes
This has been bugging me for a while : How does dragon ball get away with an Adult protagonist while every other shounen MC is either a kid or a teenager?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This has been bugging me for a while : How does dragon ball get away with an Adult protagonist while every other shounen MC is either a kid or a teenager?
Apparently there was quite a bit of apprehension from Toriyama's editor when Toriyama decided to make him grow up. Worked better than expected tho.

Also funnily enough freakin' Yugioh of all things got an adult protagonist on its third series

Red and Blue

I always preferred Gohan with Piccolo's clothes so it's nice that he is wearing them in both the new movie and the manga.

Side note I wonder if Goten and Trunks are in this? I want to know if they're still little kids or not
No Android 21? :(
Not unless they are keeping her a surprise.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Apparently there was quite a bit of apprehension from Toriyama's editor when Toriyama decided to make him grow up. Worked better than expected tho.
Imagine that... An anime where the protagonist actually becomes an adult ends up being popular.

I imagine that if they're planning on doing a new season, they'll probably do it as soon as possible, for a few reasons. But the biggest factor (and the one that people don't like to talk about, but this is a reality with any long running show) is mortality. Many of the more famous voice actors in Dragon Ball have been voicing these characters for over 30 years, and they're not getting any younger. So I would have to think that if there was a new season in the works, they're probably trying to get it out as fast as possible.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wonder where Super Hero fits into the timeline. Maybe after Granolah since the arc seems near its end?

Red and Blue

I wonder where Super Hero fits into the timeline. Maybe after Granolah since the arc seems near its end?
It's confirmed to be after Granoloh.
And since Pan is three it's likely set a year before EoZ