• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Why does it matter? Amidst all the goody-2-shoes protagonists we have today (Ass ketchup), that’s a nice change of pace.
Soulburner from Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and Luke from Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS were also handled pretty well in the co-protagonist situation.
the problem with Vegeta is that he never gets the big win he deserves, i mean, look at the endings of both the Moro arc and Granolah arc.
i hope Vegeta will be one to kill Freeza for good whenever that happens.

Morax

King of heroes
Soulburner from Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and Luke from Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS were also handled pretty well in the co-protagonist situation.
the problem with Vegeta is that he never gets the big win he deserves, i mean, look at the endings of both the Moro arc and Granolah arc.
i hope Vegeta will be one to kill Freeza for good whenever that happens.
I agree with you there. Vegeta deserves a victory.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Goku being extremely selfish at the cost of the world has been a consistent character trait since the Saiyan saga too, it’s just that in hindsight things paid off like not killing Vegeta when they had him dead to rights.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Goku being extremely selfish at the cost of the world has been a consistent character trait since the Saiyan saga too, it’s just that in hindsight things paid off like not killing Vegeta when they had him dead to rights.
Yeah, i didnt say otherwise, i just added that it got way worse in DBS.
if you read the latest chapter then you see another example of Goku's selfishness giving a rise to another villian that is stronger than him.

Red and Blue

Which movie villain is worse? Bio Broly or Cell Max
If you ask me Bio Broly.
Even though both are mindless monsters I thought Cell Max looked pretty cool at least with its red/green color scheme and spike tail. Bio broly is just a generic looking sludge monster

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh most DBZ movie villains are eh (the movies themselves too), Beerus is the best one by far (and tbh the best thing to come out of modern DB) because he's actually fun to watch

MasterTobias

Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks and Gohan had to train and struggle to reach Super Saiyan and then some yet U6 saiyans obtain it in a matter of minutes by just getting a tingle in their back.

Master Roshi somehow is scaled on par or higher than Tien,Krillin,Yamcha and Chiaotzu despite not training or fighting in DBZ mostly sitting in his chair reading dirty magazines and watching women aerobics on television.

Future Trunks somehow slices through Fused Zamasu with his Spirit Bomb Sword making Vegito Blue's efforts meaningless.
Its worth noting that in the original manga everybody but Goku got it off screen, nobody struggled but Goku, Vegeta got it by self loathing lol.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Superhero was good.
Entertaining and the animation was great. Although I would possibly pick the animation of Broly or the opening prologue of the flashback they had over it overall.
I know there's continuity issues with it in the fandom and the power scaling is kinda dumb, but I'm just gonna ignore it.

Last edited:

MasterTobias

Yeah well I don't really read the manga,I only own one book that covered Frieza vs the Z Fighters but outside of that I just watch the anime.

I think it's good that it was shown how they got the transformation on screen as opposed to getting them off screen like in Super.Seeing them train and struggle to achieve these forms made them felt earned.

Goten,Trunks,Caulifla and Kale all got their forms pretty easily with Cabba having just a slight more trouble.
I just wanted to point out how the reason those character you mentioned got it so easily is because all others outside of Goku got it without fanfare as well.

The fandom certainly puts ssj as a higher standard than what the story and by extension Toriyama does, its just a simple power up to him, which is why everyone and their mother got it after Namek.

MasterTobias

So do you care to explain why Piccolo doesn't get the same treatment as Goku/Vegeta/Gohan despite being one of the best characters in the entire series and arguably the smartest fighter?
Because Toriyama stopped caring for him as you can clearly see during the whole Buu arc, when he did not even fight and got replaced as a fighter by Gotenks of all people. This also continues all the way into DBS till the Super Hero movie.

You can see this even during the Cell games, in the manga Vegeta was the only one who attacked Cell during the beam struggle, Piccolo just stood there despite a few minutes earlier being willing to die fighting Cell to help Gohan, he was written out of character because thats what happens when Toriyama stops caring about characters, they lose their relevance and personality.

Morax

King of heroes
Vegeta when he comes home after the events of super hero and finds bulma flexing her butt in the kitchen :

images

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I don't read the manga so I wouldn't know.But they pretty much retconned her into being one of members of Master Shen's Crane School which only featured Tao,Tien and Chiaotzu.
I checked and she didnt appear in the manga, but even if the anime stays loyal to the manga whenever it returns they may add her like in the Boruto anime when they added anime only characters in scenes from the manga.
i guess whenever i have enough free time i need to start reading the manga version of TOP since its different from the anime version.
all i know only about the manga version is that Ultimate/Mystic Gohan beat Kefla and that Frost easily beat Tien, Krillin and Master Roshi.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Manga spoiler about Frieza:
Frieza just returned in latest chapter and has a new form that is called "Black Frieza"
Black Frieza is way stronger than Ultra Instinct Goku and Ultra Ego Vegeta.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
You got Goku,Vegeta,Gohan,Frieza and Piccolo getting all these new transformations while Jiren doesn't even need one.He's already super OP in his base form,no god ki or hakai energy at all.
I still dont like the fact that Jiren was replaced by Toppo in the extra match after the Exhibition Match of All, it could have created a much earlier rivalry between Goku and Jiren and would have given Jiren more character.