• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dragon Ball Discussion Thread (Discuss Z/GT/Kai etc. Here!)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
which episodes????
The wiki doesnt say that, so i'll have to watch the episodes for each of them before i could tell you.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Been a fan of the anime for as long as I can remember, but been reading through the manga for the first time lately. There's something so weirdly charming about how before the Saiyan race was even a gleam in Toriyama's eye, Goku was just a kid with a tail that was superhumanly strong and could turn into a giant killer ape for literally no reason. Just can't beat the original Dragon Ball, imo.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Been a fan of the anime for as long as I can remember, but been reading through the manga for the first time lately. There's something so weirdly charming about how before the Saiyan race was even a gleam in Toriyama's eye, Goku was just a kid with a tail that was superhumanly strong and could turn into a giant killer ape for literally no reason. Just can't beat the original Dragon Ball, imo.
Its kinda weird that Dragon Ball had a lot of what can be considered fan service moments while Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super are more tamed in that regard because nowadays manga series tend to have fan service moments.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Its kinda weird that Dragon Ball had a lot of what can be considered fan service moments while Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super are more tamed in that regard because nowadays manga series tend to have fan service moments.
Yeah, the fan service is the one thing in the original DB I could really do without. Doesn't affect my overall enjoyment, but does get annoying. It's par for the course considering DB was more comedic in those days, so it is what it is.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Finished the original manga run of Dragon Ball for the first time. Really made me appreciate the series even more in its original medium. Boo arc is still a mess, but I can't help but be nostalgic for it despite the flaws.

With that being said, going straight from that to the DBS manga is such a huge drop in quality. I hear it gets better, but I'm just not sure if I can keep going. We'll see.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Finished the original manga run of Dragon Ball for the first time. Really made me appreciate the series even more in its original medium. Boo arc is still a mess, but I can't help but be nostalgic for it despite the flaws.

With that being said, going straight from that to the DBS manga is such a huge drop in quality. I hear it gets better, but I'm just not sure if I can keep going. We'll see.
on the bright side it skips RoF so it has the best version of it by default

Yce288

Grass type FTW
on the bright side it skips RoF so it has the best version of it by default
RoF was adapted as an one shot if i'm not mistaken.
also, its seems the latest chapter of Super changed the order of arcs, because the latest arc takes place after the Moro arc and the Granola arc and if the anime goes by the same order it wont come back anytime soon.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The strongest mortal currently is considered to be Freeza in his Black powerup. Beast Gohan miiiight be a contender for that top spot but there's little means to compare the two atm.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Gohan's character development in Super has been him trying to strike a good balance between his family life and his training, and Vegeta himself admits that Gohan could eclipse them all if he just commits to it. So the question has been whether he could let himself cut loose; how strong he could relatively be if he did was never in doubt.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
doubt it, Toei seems to be focusing its animation mainly on OP currently (and the results speak for themselves)