• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go (501)

I do wonder how Chatot was the reigning champ when he didn't even dress up for the dressup contest. I'm sorry, but impressions and reflections are not the same thing. Pikachu was really good at his impersonations; but Piplup was a little overly enthusiastic.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Interesting to see all those Pokemon all dressed up to resemble other Pokemon.

It was boring until Brock won the egg which was apparently a Happiny egg.

5/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode
I loved to see Piplup dress like a Weedle
And Croagunk was funny with his Politoed's costume

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I liked this episode, I thought it was really nice. Pikachu's impressions were really good and poor Piplup just got too excited. I found it funny that Croagunk won and thought it was a nice spin, but poor Brock needed to win something anyway. Good episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not too bad of an episode, I liked seeing the different impressions. Pikachu knows how to do most Pokemon impression doesn't it?.

Chatot could have done more then just a repeat of what it did but only a different tone/Pokemon. I guess it makes sense for Brock to win although I don't think the judges know much about Croagunk since it is mostly like that whether pretending to be a Politoed or not.

wind21

Yikes, my review for this episode doesn't stand a chance against some of the others. Well, I'll do what I can (and take Brock's advice not to hold my breath for someone to declare this post a winner-don't think I'll be as lucky as Croagunk, though).

Okay, since my last review, nothing significant has happened despite some quality episodes inbetween. dp 29 was a pretty standard episode on Dawn's and Ash's problems in teaming up for the first time in a double battle (they team up for another double battle later on during the Jhoto advertisement arc, and I like that episode a lot more). dp 30-32 are a trilogy of episodes about a girl COTD's search for enchanted honey. These episodes also introduce the 2nd gym leader, who challenges Ash to an unofficial battle and defeats him. But it's not anything you take too seriously because the loss doesn't bother Ash too much (unlike with Fantina later on, who leaves Ash constantly wondering about what strategy to use against her).

So we start this episode in dramatic fashion as Ash and the gang are in some sort of contest hall, getting ready to watch a pokemon dress up competition. This is totally out of the blue if you're coming straight from the last episode, and it creates an exciting atmosphere. Well, before you know it, Ash wants to compete, and then Dawn and Brock say okay, too. Dawn explains what the rules are, and that's a neat touch since it gives the competition a distinct Sinnoh feel (she provides this effect in other episodes as well). The rest of the episode is just full of fun. My favorite scene is Pikachu preventing Ash from despairing over which pokemon to choose by scolding its trainer with a "Pi, Pi, Pi" and a shake of its finger. Brock ends up winning the dress-up competition, and he receives a pokemon egg as his prize.

This competition is the first of 3 "side" competitions that Ash, Dawn, and Brock participate in. I want to analyze the other 2, and so I didn't feel it would be fair if I skipped this one. This episode is a fitting way to describe Brock in Sinnoh; it's a funny episode, but in terms of actual character development, there isn't much.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
That was a nice episode. Personally I think pikachu should have won this contest

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... The Pokemon costumes everybody was wearing were hilarious. It was funny when the sound man hit the lady with the Microphone again. I'm glad Brock won, he really deserved the egg this time around. Piplub looked very funny and odd as a Weedle. Trapinch looking like Turtwig by far was the most unique and creative transformation. It was cool to see Pikachu doing Pokemon impressions.

45/100

Blessed

Not the best of episode, I think it would have been better if Team Rocket hadn't interrupted. Although the idea of having a contest where Pokemon imitate other Pokemon was kinda stupid. Of course Dawn would lose, I can't at how she has bad taste by dressing Piplup as a disgusting Weedle. Hm, I wonder where Brock got the idea to dress his Croagunk like a Politoed? Lol. Im surprised Brock won considering Pikachu did good imitations. But I was happy anyway because I love Brock.

Of course Dawn would lose, I can't at how she has bad taste by dressing Piplup as a disgusting Weedle.

Actually she lost because Piplup used Bubblebeam, and Weedle can't learn that move, not because Weedle is "disgusting".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing the Sinnoh Now reporter lady yell at her crew was hilarious and I personally loved Jessie's faux-cowgirl outfit. Croagunk's Politoed costume was cute and accurate, and I also loved Meowth's Weavile costume as well. I also laughed when Mime Jr.'s Teeter Dance backfired on TR's other Pokemon and I was happy to see Brock win for once.

I always find it funny when people on this show think an egg will hatch in to a legendary. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well the pokemon dress up contest had some interesting moments especially Croagunk's Politoed costume and Piplup's Weedle costume. Seeing Meowth dressed as Sunflora again was cool too and I'm glad Brock won the egg.

JudySpell

Banned
I'm not a fan of cosplaying so I wasn't enthralled by the cosplay contest. I just liked seeing Brock win at something and get the pink egg. 6/10

I didn't even expect Brock to win, so good for him. My favorite disguises here were Piplup's Weedle disguise and Meowth's Sunflora disguise.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
At least Brock finally gets to win a competition in this episode. It's funny how Croagunk stays in character the whole time. At least Brock'll get Happiny out of the deal. I feel really bad for James in this episode, though. :x