1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

All Eyes on the Future! (896)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY - Kalos Quest' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Double Battle at the Anistar Gym! Olympia's Future Sight!!

It's time for Ash's battle in the Anistar City Gym, and this time it's different in that the Gym Leader, Olympia, is challenging him with a Double Battle. Using his Frogadier and Talonflame against the Psychic-type strengths of Olympia's two Meowstic, Ash quickly learns that Meowstic's Future Sight attack is far more powerful than he anticipated. Ash then has to rethink and come u[p with an even better strategy in order to win. Will he be able to?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Afrodisiac

Afrodisiac break up w yo gf, im bored

They're starting with the gym battle right from the start. Good.... Nope, TR shenanigans.

Last Getta Banban!

Haha, Pikachu was ready to join Frogadier. Poor thing.

The Meowstic are using a double Psyshock combo. Also Helping Hand + Dark Pulse

Both did really good. Good battle imo. Loved the ending scene with Olympia & Zygarde!

I knew Frogadier wouldn't evolve in this episode. Good.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  3. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Ash and Serena receive new Pokedex (ORAS version) from Sycamore.

[IMG139]http://s22.postimg.org/wwj26d7en/New_Dex.jpg[/IMG139]

4. Janovy

Janovy Banned

That was, in my eyes, the best Kalos gym battle. Simply amazing.

More importantly, it appears to contain more information on Mega Evolutions.

5. Lucario At Service

Shadow of Future,
    [IMG139]http://s17.postimg.org/l503zr6f1/Shadow.jpg[/IMG139]

6. WillDaSnail

WillDaSnail Soon™?

This was no doubt the best Kalos gym battle by far. The epicness of the battle, the hard resolve of smogonfrog Frogadier and smogonbird Talonflame to never give up despite eating a lot of damage, the close teamwork from both of them that kept them each in battle at different times when they each were at the end of the ropes kept me at the edge of my seat. And of course, Pikachu helped out greatly with keeping track of timing of the Future Sight attacks and allowed Frogadier and Talonflame to throw the Meowstics onto their own move.

If this was a great way to end the X&Y series, I couldn't ask for a better one at that. 10/10 for a magnificent gym battle, and a excellent episode. Onward to XY&Z - get hyped! (even though the old trailer was aired, boooo)

Sadly Frogadier didnt evolve during the gym battle but it's an inevitability in the XY&Z series at this point. You all can wait for a bit for smogonfrog's final form to come :p

Lastly, Ash and Serena receive new (ORAS version) Pokedexes from Professor Sycamore (Hoenn confirmed!).

7. JD

JD .

That was really good, I really like how Talonflame and Frogadier threw the two Meowstics into the Future Sight.

8. Pteranodonte

Pteranodonte Well-Known Member

Oh look! They starred together just like I predicted. Saw it Lorde? ;)

9. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I am so happy both Talonflame and Frogadier got to star, both got to kick some *** and wreck some ****.

ANIMATION WAS AMAZING, MUSIC WAS AMAZING, STRATEGY WAS AMAZING, EVERYTHING

10. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

HNNG the team work between Talonflame and Frogadier was IMMACULATE, I'm so happy right now, that was perfect. And the Ash Greninja moment indeed was not what helped Ash win, it was simply Olympia seeing the potential within, it was all still regular Frogadier power, finishing the job after the match was essentially won by tactics. I really love double battles in the anime when they’re done well.

11. DaDonYordel

DaDonYordel The Gazing Eye

I have no better words than holy ****. This was the best gym battle in Kalos ever, what a great way to end the series with a tremendous battle that both showcased the first two Pokemon Ash has caught but at the same time foreshadowing Frogadier's future.

I like how, it would seem to me, literally no one other than maybe Olympia knew what Ash was doing with Pikachu. There are subtle things here to like Serena's complete trust in Ash winning to Carrie's saltiness on Ash destroying her by showing her smug face when Olympia counters Ash's moves. I like how Ash knew that he had no way to counter Future Sight, but kept on going in various techniques and feints until Pikachu was able to **** how long before it activates before unleashing his masterstroke. I like how ASH WOULD'VE STILL WON VIA TALONFLAME EVEN IF FROGADIER FAILED TO TAKE OUT THE MALE MEOWSTIC AT THE CLIMAX WITH ITS WATER PULSE.

Now at last we are come now to the end, and it was a good one.

12. xinfernapex

xinfernapex Sinnoh Champion

Battle was incredible, teamwork was outstanding, 10/10 for this gym battle! Now makes me wonder when Frogadier will evolve though.

13. AshSerena

AshSerena Well-Known Member

can someone post a picture of Ash and Serena getting new pokedex from Prof.Sycamore? is it new design pokedex?

14. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

This battle was amazing!!! That spinning Steal Wing and Brave Bird from Talonflame was complete and utter beaat mode <3!!!! My boy finally has a positive battle record!! I am so proud. This was the gym battling I have been waiting for in XY seriously 10/10 perfection.

15. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Definetly, the best gym battle. I wish Olympia had more strategies other than the combo helping hand + attack + future attack though, she relied too much on pure power.

16. Captain America X

Captain America X Well-Known Member

They both starred?Praise the lord.Haha,and no evo?Yes even better.

Now just have to wait for someone to post it online eventually to see what happens.

17. Pteranodonte

Pteranodonte Well-Known Member

It's already online.

18. Lucario At Service

19. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

20. Captain America X

Captain America X Well-Known Member