• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Eyes on the Future! (896)

Alloutℯ

Banned
I really liked this Gym Battle. The spinning Steel Wing, all of Meowstics combination moves, the redirected Future Sight and ending moves were too impressive. Meowstic are also some of my favorite Pokemon and seeing them animated like this was very satisfying.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Also, I'm actually surprised that Frogadier didn't evolve in this episode. With the way the writers loved mid-battle evolutions in the past

Actually, there have only been 3 gym battle evolutions in the past, and they were all in BW.

Trivia fact: Talonflame is the first Pokemon in Ash's team to enter 7 gym battles over throwing Scepitle who competed in 6. Also being the most use flying type in gym battle so far. Pidgetto had 4, Noctowl had 2, Swellow had 4, Staraptor had 3, and Unfezzant had 2.

And now, Talonflame competed in 9 by the end, tying Pikachu in Johto for the most by one Pokémon in one region.

I guess this confirms there will be no third versions and Ash-Greninja is just an anime-only thing to keep Ash fro touching Mega Evolution?

Wow, you have amazing Future Sight.

Man I dont think ive seen people's opinons on an epiosde (a BATTLE no less) this unanimous...ever. Like wow it really shows what top quality things Pokemon can achieve if all the stars align just right

This has to be one of the most positive threads in this section. I'm shocked.

It was the greatest gym battle of all time.

I'm shocked that there aren't people who think think that this is a poorly done episode.

Usually there's always some regardless of how the episode was written.

dman_dustin, LizardonX, and Pikachu52 didn't like the episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
From my viewpoint, most matches featuring Psychic-types usually involve a ridiculous resolution as seen with Satoshi versus Natsume, and Satoshi versus Fuu and Ran, yet this time everything went well. Satoshi defeated Gojika's two Nyaonix with hardly any questionable tactics.

Wasn't anyone bothered that Ash's friends didn't catch on with Pikachu counting the time Future Sight takes effect right after the two Meowstic used it, especially when Pikachu does it the second time? Still glad that there's no thunder armor moment, but I did notice that the Frogadier and Talonflame tag team is a callback to the Grovyle and Swellow tag team in the Hoenn saga.

OniCornwalis

So after watching this episode during the XY marathon, I’ve realized something; didn’t Ash technically cheat during this fight? The reason I say that is because this fight was stated to be a double battle, and Ash used Talonflame and Frogadier as his two Pokemon. However, Ash used Pikachu as a way to win the battle, who wasn’t a part of the double battle and was an outside influence. I really liked this episode, but that part bugs the hell out of me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Amazing episode. Easily my favorite background for a battle in the entire show. The animation, strategy, and overall direction of this battle is something few battles have come close to. This is better than most League matches for me.