• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Eyes on the Future! (896)

JD

So wait hold on a second..is Frogadier bigger than Talonflame? Talonflame should be 3'11 and Frogadier is only 2'00..

Illusio

No words, only rage
Well, here's one case where the Gym roster change was for the better, and wow, was it really. It was a very impressive match on both Olympia's and Ash's sides as both used good strategies and the synergy of their Pokémon to carry out and it made the entire match so much fun to watch. Also that finish with Frogadier and Ash-Greninja would make DBZ proud was really cool to see.

All in all, a great Gym match, very few (if any) complaints with it.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
With this epic Gym battle, I guess we can finally say that Ash has finally got back to DP levels at last... No, really, the gym battle screams that. This is the Ash we want. This is the Ash who lives the dream. This is the Ash who doesn't give a dime and will go all out for his goal, no matter the hardships. This battle was so perfect that I, (along with many others) wonder how Wulfric will be handled. Topping this sure isn't going to be easy, that's for sure.

hustenapfel

This has got to be Ash's best performance since his battle against Paul at the Lily of the Valley Conference! Why can't they just keep him this way instead of pulling the power creep over and over again, because quite frankly, I stopped watching the anime back at the start of Unova, but this just got me back into it!

Sidagam

Sometimes I read the comments and I wonder why people still watches this after almost 900 episodes.

As do I. There's definitely a couple people on here that don't seem to like anything about the show

I've watched the battle twice now and it was by far and away the best gym battle in years. Brilliant strategy, strong Pokemon, awesome teamwork, great animation, amazing music.

It was the perfect result. I was worried Talonflame would faint and Frogadier would evolve in order to win but nope. Spinning Steel Wing was fantastic. I loved that Frogadier kept getting affected by Paralysis but pulled through. They kept saving each other like Bros. It was just awesome

And Talonflame finally got a starring Gym battle. I can't believe it's been in 6 (technically 7) Gym battles. That thing is coming for Swellow's Crown of best regional Bird. In fact it may even have it.

Loved it, Loved it, Loved it. 10/10. It's episodes like this that make me keep watching this show

grecefar

This has got to be Ash's best performance since his battle against Paul at the Lily of the Valley Conference! Why can't they just keep him this way instead of pulling the power creep over and over again, because quite frankly, I stopped watching the anime back at the start of Unova, but this just got me back into it!

maybe because they need him to lose sometimes to keep him going to other region, in fact ash hace the experience and pokemon to win any league now since sinnoh, is really awesome to see badass ash when he's entering the zone.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One of the best episodes of XY Season 2. The battle was so good that it was really memorable. Frogadier and Talonflame have shown really good coordination, making a really good Smogon duo.
But quite surprised at the end when Ash and Serena receives the updated Hoenn Pokédex.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Speaking of Noibat, the little guy hasn't gotten any screentime in quite a long time. He really needs some development. (in battling/moveset, not flying)

I'm glad he wasn't used here though: He wouldn't have been able to provide as much support for Frogadier as Talonflame did imho.

Dax

Legend
Aside from the intensity of the battle, what I enjoyed the most were those little moments when the bird and the frog showed how much they care about each other and that their early closeness wasn't forgotten. It was just so sweet to see Frogadier catch Talonflame when it was falling, or Talonflame shield Frogradier when it was down and the cats were ready to attack or Talonflame catch Frogradier when he fell. I've never seen two pokemon be so coordinated in battle. What a pleasure!

Janovy

Banned
Why are you shocked that people are happy about a well done episode?
I'm shocked that there aren't people who think think that this is a poorly done episode.

Usually there's always some regardless of how the episode was written.

hottom3rd

good stuff ashie boy.. cant wait for new season.. in all the years of gym battles since childhood, this ranks pretty damn high.

Glad to have watched xy in its entirety.. BW was a joke

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
This episode really was too good. The animation was amazing, the music was right in every scenario, and the characters were on point. (ash in particular truly showed his skills in this battle.) This is one of the best double battles if not the best in the anime.

On the note of the battle though, anyone else notice that Talonflame tanked those future sights really well. They were all aimed at him and both of the hits were spot on and powered up by future sight. Glad Frogadier took the Thunder Wave too. Ash probably would've had alot more trouble if Talonflame had taken the thunder wave sense it's offensive and support would've been hurt by random paralysis more than Frogadier. That shows Talonflame's strength and tenacity as well as Frogadier's wisdom.

All in all, I loved this episode. I hope the next gym will properly show off Hawalucha sense it's the ice gym. He hasn't had very many chances to shine. Also, maybe pikachu too. (though maybe not the star much like Clemont's gym battle)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I watch the episode subbed and i found out that Olympia's male Meowstic had the ability Prankster, its hidden ability and so its seems the anime has begun using hidden abilities(I know there were Zen Mode Darmanitan in BW, but the anime used that ability in a different way than how its used in the games).

Haunter ゴースト

Finally caught up with the XY anime today (EP88 - 93) and i've gotta remind everyone - XY is great. This series really has upped the game and made it really enjoyable. Things have gotten extremely intense as of the final episode, can't wait for XY&Z to see what chaos takes place.