• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Fired Up! (076)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
All Fired Up!

They're here...the Indigo Pokemon League. It is at the time of running the Moltres flame to the League. Ash, as a participant, is free to carry the flame...but when Team Rocket decide to steal it, the League may not go on...can Ash save the flame...or maybe a firey pal?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
The scene where the grasshopper mech launched the flame at Ash seemed sort of brutal to me.

The torchrunners were the same ones at the Johto league.

Moltres is awesome.

7.5/10

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Ahh... Ash as Charlie Brown. Always good. Anyway, a pretty late intro for a legendary bird, and it should have appeared in his real form.

V

vulpix

pikachu is cute and i didnt like ashs shirt he reminded me of charlie brown.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Yay, Victreebel's back! :D I'm surprised that this is one of the few episodes where it *doesn't* bite (or attempt to bite) James. In fact, it even obeyed him right off the bat by trying to help out Meowth. Wow, that was surprising. :) I also enjoy the part where Ash asks if Charlie Goodshow is Santa Claus. ROFLOL I wonder why Mr. Goodshow wasn't in the Orange League championship?

Also, I really like Jessie and James's ancient Greek outfits.

grovile

Rainbow Trainer
In the begin is the episode little bolring but when Gary come sow was the episode little better.
6/10

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
in the middle when team rocket are attaking ash n co weezing uses smog...but then jessie lights the torch again...so wouldnt it explod because smog is flammable?

JONNO.FRESH

Moltres's coming out of the flame and saving ash was pretty kool. All 3 of the group becoming torch bearers was pretty kool tp. 7/10

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
Who didn't think that Ash would get burnt by the fire?
I found it weird how Mr. Goodshow (the guy with the big grey beard) keeps a fire in his chest. How is that possible?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
He keeps a huge container of Tums handy. :D

Seriously, though, I think that was one of the funnier gags, when he opened up his shirt to reveal that and everyone was stunned.

Battra

Very good episode, very enjoyable. Seeing Ash, Misty, & Brock carry the Flame of Moltres was nice, also enjoyed the Pokemon League being compared to the Olympics. As for TR stealing the flame at the end with their giant mech and trying to fry Ash, I think this might be the only episode in which TR actually tries to kill someone especially a main character, which is pretty amazing I didn't think they had it in them to do that.

First (and only, I believe) time where Ash expresses a wish to catch a legendary. A good episode actually, and Ash actually realised when TR were dressed up as the fake officials at the top of the stairs - makes a change.
If only approved competitors could carry the torch, how come Misty and Brock managed to do it too?

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I liked this episode. I thought that it was a nice opening to the Pokemon League. Ash's Charlie Brown shirt isn't the top of my favorite clothes in the anime, though...

dagon22

Charmander master!
I remember when this episode was first shown, I missed the very start of the show. I got to see the part where Ash has the flame to the end.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I remember seeing this episode back in the day, and going, "when did Ash become an Olympic torch runner?" XD; But it was still a cool way to kick off the Pokémon League ^_^ Of course, Gary taunting Ash was my favorite moment 8D

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Just some stupid anticipation for the league. Fair episode anyway. Oh well. ^_^ It was cool to see Ash weild the flame. He looked good in that shirt.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
this episode reminds me of the olympic flame, they allways try to do harm to it:p
anyway i liked this episode ash looked funny with his olympic runnersuit.

Icefiyre

Banned
This episode really gained much interest on me when I saw it. I liked that Team Rocket wasn't smart enough to fight with Ash so they can get the Flame Torch. When they did get away with it, they burned themselves by lighting the torch up when it wasn't really lit up. But when they came back to steal another one, they showed some strength using their usual robots. Too bad it wasn't enough power as they were down by Moltres.