• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All For The Love of Meloetta (746)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked Cynthia and Ash meeting again. We got to see her Glaceon, too bad it was only shown using Ice Beam to make ice for Meloetta. Axew vs Garchomp didn't make sense, though, especially Axew taking both Dragon Rush and Draco Meteor. And Axew didn't even use Guga Impact again, much like Outrage. What a shame.
7.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Figures that Shirona would appear at an ice cream stand given her love of snacks. I liked that she now owned a Glacia as a reference to B2/W2, and Mijumaru and Emonga getting on each other's nerves while tending to Meloetta was hilarious. I thought that Kibago battling Gablias was very unfair, though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, twas a decent start to BW2. It was great to see Cynthia again, and seeing Oshawott fall in love with Meloetta was sweet, and Iris even held her own against Cynthia and Axew learned Giga Impact. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
I'm glad it turned out that Cynthia didn't prevent Garchomp from defending against Axew's Giga Impact because she had intended that battle to be a training battle all the time. That makes her even greater because she's so nice as to even help young trainers to improve.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I'm glad it turned out that Cynthia didn't prevent Garchomp from defending against Axew's Giga Impact because she had intended that battle to be a training battle all the time. That makes her even greater because she's so nice as to even help young trainers to improve.

Tbh, Cynthia didn't even need to bother helping Iris and frankly, Iris's Axew could've learned a new move against any opponent, even TR.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, Kibago gaining Giga Impact seemed like a huge drawback here since he had many strong attacks already, and Giga Impact had a risk. He should've learned a different attack in this episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
I think it's good that Cynthia seems so average now in BW. It makes it look like she's actually beatable now. And I'm kinda surprised that Axew did not use Outrage in this episode. I mean Iris knew that Dragon attacks are super effective against Dragons.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Another episode where Axew should've evolved, but didn't, because the animators didn't want to deal with how stupidly complicated the Haxorus line's designs are...

Should've cut the Team Rocket segments and focused more on Cynthia, and why she's around

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
Another episode where Axew should've evolved, but didn't, because the animators didn't want to deal with how stupidly complicated the Haxorus line's designs are...

While him evolving here could've happened, the episode's overall emphasis on Meloetta made the lack of an evolution feel justified in my point of view.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
While him evolving here could've happened, the episode's overall emphasis on Meloetta made the lack of an evolution feel justified in my point of view.
It's a very misleading title, since she's only there for like...five minutes

A pity they didn't have her run into and follow Ash at the end - maybe have two plotlines running: one with Iris and Cynthia, the other with the TRio and Meloetta

Be An Arrow Episode N Version>>>>>>>>Be An Arrow OG version
CYNTHIA!!!!!!!!!
Oshawott simping over Meloetta
Axew is pretty strong
Dawn!!!!!

Sham

The Guardian of War
This episode as great. So many parallels here were great. First off taking advantage of Iris’ admiration and calling Cynthia her “Dragon Senior” and incorporating that into why she gained her title was genius.

Cilan calling it a “seasoned Chef against a young cook going through seasoning school” was the perfect way to describe it but now according to Cynthia “they’re nothing more than Pokémon trainers aiming for the top” meaning she now consider her- her equal

Axew not having the ability to dodge Draco Meteor and just panic but Haxorus boldly using Outrage on the first one and then destroying Mega Draco Meteor with Dragon Pulse meaning Iris remembered this

Cynthia having to stop Garchomp from hurting Axew with Brick Break but now this time outwardly having to command Garchomp to finish her

Axew wasn’t able to even hit Garchomp and Garchomp quickly brushed of its Dragon Rage but now recently it did visible damage with Dragon Pulse

Despite the fact this episode is… how many years old? It was a great call back

Last edited: