1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

All For The Love of Meloetta (746)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jun 21, 2012.

1. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

Nice start for Best Wishes Season 2. The new opening was superb, that shot with all of Ash's reserves felt so nostalgic :') little sad with no Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras and Larvitar appearances but I understand their status...

I liked Cynthia's returning, she's awesome! There were some nice interations and it was a good episode overall. ^_^ little Axew is getting stronger.

Cool to see Dawn's last seconds cameo but I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stand Piplup ;_;

2. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

wonder what TR was thinking when they saw Meloetta following Ash's group onto the plane.

3. Blessed

Blessed Well-Known Member

Cute Iris & Axew. I liked the battle with her & Cynthia. Who knew Axew had so much power! lastly, nice to see Dawn at the end. I wonder what Iris will think of her.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Anta Baka!

This episode was interesting, I liked the battle between Iris and Cynthia. My favorite part is seeing Dawn at the end XD

5. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Pikachu, Emolga, Meloetta, and Axew got just as much screen-time as Oshawott. Stop being pressed.

Overall, I didn't think the episode was anything special. Seeing Team Rocket again was interesting; I still thought they could've been a little more proactive, but whatever. Cynthia's holier than thou attitude was expected, so I wasn't too surprised when she showed up and acted so pretentiously. I was pleased to see that Emolga and Oshawott got over their little argument and focused on the matter at hand. However, the battle between Cynthia and Iris was disapointing. I kind of understand why some people are so frustrated with Axew; that thing isn't developing fast enough.

6. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Love how all of Paul's Pokemon faint to like 1-2 moves from Garchomp...but Iris's childish Axew manages to not only strike Garchomp a few times, it also gets to take two super effective hit's from a Champion's Pokemon. Either Garchomp got weaker from the lack of good battles or the writers just love to give Axew plot armor every time it's in a serious battle >:|

7. Lee-san

Lee-san Limbo Messiah

So the Isshu league is in 3 months..I wonder if that will correspond to real life time? Likely not, but I don't expect this season to be overly long nonetheless.

8. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Meowth: We should just kidnap him and wait for the Legendary Pokemon to come. :I

... but seriously they seemed mildly surprised.

9. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa/Oleana stan account ✨

I liked the episode better than I thought I would. I assumed it was going to be a pointless episode, but it had more than I assumed. It's nice to have Cynthia and Dawn return and I'm glad that Team Rocket appeared more often in this episode than they have in a non-TR plot episode. The battle between Axew and Garchomp is probably my favourite Axew fight of the saga, even if they forgot Outrage exists. Dragon Rush and definitely Giga Impact look better than last generation.

I'm excited for the World Tournament, but I'm honestly not excited for the upcoming lineup of episodes. Well, after next one, of course.

10. srebak

srebak Beginning Trainer

I have to know, what were Ash's initial reactions throughout the episode? Please give me details

Did the subject of Ash's travels in Sinnoh come up?

And if it did, did they once again treat the situation like Iris and Cilan already knew that?

11. Raptor_Crow

Raptor_Crow I lied to you all

Mijumaru's lusting never fails to entertain me. Was Meloetta so attractive that it caused Mijumaru to forget he also had a crush on Emonga?

Iris was cute in this episode, with her blushing and being nervous around Shirona until finally being able to ask her for a battle. I love the girl.

Meloetta's singing was so beautiful, it's just as soothing as it sounded to the characters. It should be noted her voice actress is also a singer.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  12. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

Axew should've used Outrage instead of Giga Impact...

13. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I agree with some people on Axew vs Garchomp.

Iris has barely done training with him, yet he learns Outrage and Giga Impact in pinches. I'm sorry what?
    Maybe this was just done to hint at iris in Black & White 2, but still it was just ugh.
    Meoletta, Oshawott, Emolga, and Cynthia were the only things that stood out to me. I like how Cynthia and Ash interacted with her indecisiveness of junk food still in effect.
    I couldn't care less for Dawn and Piplup.

14. Faker500

Faker500 Trolls aren't funny!

Yeah, that tells you that this is definetly a different series than last time. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach.

15. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I get the feeling Cynthia wasn't really going all out against Axew, not even close to it. I'm sure plot also played a part, but Cynthia wasn't really into the battle much. I suppose Axew also had some motivation in it to not give up and that always means it's not going down...right away, as it is with all shows.

16. jrizza88

jrizza88 Meteorite

The fact that Axew did damage was cool to me. I honestly think it was minimal, but still. I think the writers are trying to hint that everybody is getting more powerful. I honestly thought the way it was handled in Sinnoh (in terms of elite four, Cythina, etc.) was a bit too much of making them nearly invisible.

17. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Answers in bold.

18. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

I never really liked Meloetta while playing the game, but the anime has actually helped me to fall in love with the thing. It's singing is amazing, but I bet if the dub changes its voice, then they'll ruin it..

Also, as I said in an anime spoiler thread.. its clear that Axew did no damage, Garchomp was just caught off guard by the new move and quickly recovered afterwards to deliver the smack down.

19. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

It did do damage, that's why Garchomp reacted to the move and fell down. However, doing one big move to a huge truck like Garchomp isn't going to be enough. But regardless, the move did do some damage.

20. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I like the fact that Cynthia doesn't seem as invincible in BW as she was in DP. If Ash battles her later in the saga it gives more belief he could do well against her.

If a little baby Axew can knock Garchomp down, just imagine what Ash's Infenape, Sceptile, Charizard, etc. could do.