• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All For The Love of Meloetta (746)

gliscor&yanmega

Ah, so Cynthia most likely got Glaceon due to the games having her with one.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I like the fact that Cynthia doesn't seem as invincible in BW as she was in DP. If Ash battles her later in the saga it gives more belief he could do well against her.

If a little baby Axew can knock Garchomp down, just imagine what Ash's Infenape, Sceptile, Charizard, etc. could do.

Not. Much.

Anyhow, this was cool episode. I enjoyed seeing Meloetta, but was surprised at just how tiny she is.

Shirona was flawless as usual. And once again, Kibago pulled a move out of his @ss. Wondering if Giga Impact is gonna be another "Outrage", meaning, it will never be seen again.

And once again, Kibago pulled a move out of his @ss. Wondering if Giga Impact is gonna be another "Outrage", meaning, it will never be seen again.

Hopefully.

If a little baby Axew can knock Garchomp down, just imagine what Ash's Infenape, Sceptile, Charizard, etc. could do.

Knock Garchomp down twice before Ash ultimately gets destroyed?

Graham Aker

At best, it would probably go down like Ash vs Agatha. Pikachu knocked Gengar around a bit, before ultimately getting hit by the Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I like the fact that Cynthia doesn't seem as invincible in BW as she was in DP. If Ash battles her later in the saga it gives more belief he could do well against her.

And did nothing to him, that was just Axew guts and Garchomp being surpirsed, he probably wouldn't go down if he was expecting it.

Shirona was flawless as usual. And once again, Kibago pulled a move out of his @ss. Wondering if Giga Impact is gonna be another "Outrage", meaning, it will never be seen again.

He got stronger and learned a move that should happen more, like with Satoshi pokemon...

No, Outrage was a move he used out of rage he couldn't control it, Giga Impact is controlable, he will probably use it again if he is used in the tournament.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
And did nothing to him, that was just Axew guts and Garchomp being surpirsed, he probably wouldn't go down if he was expecting it.

He got stronger and learned a move that should happen more, like with Satoshi pokemon...

No, Outrage was a move he used out of rage he couldn't control it, Giga Impact is controlable, he will probably use it again if he is used in the tournament.

Outrage is SUPPOSED to be like that........but he wasn't out of control, he hit Gobitto everytime he intended to. What you call out of control was the confusion after-effect....

A good start to Best Wishes 2. Great to see Cynthia again (And see fangasming Iris). Seeing Oshawott fall for Meloetta was funny and Iris held her own against Cynthia and Axew learned Gigs Impact. Meloeeta follows Ash and Co with Team Rocket after. Dawn at the Villa along with Piplup too, a good episode.

And Cynthia's love for treats really made the Unova trio anime fall with grace.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

Yeah. See this is what I don't like about BW. They had her unstoppable in DP where barely Paul's Pokemon could touch hers and here we have her getting hit by a small Axew? Imagine if this was back in DP with how little Iris trains him, that she would have been OK'd.

Janovy

Banned
They had her unstoppable in DP where barely Paul's Pokemon could touch hers and here we have her getting hit by a small Axew? Imagine if this was back in DP with how little Iris trains him, that she would have been OK'd.
Except that this was an entirely different situation.

You can't possibly compare Iris with a character who had guts to believe had a chance against Sinnoh Champion. Cynthia was depicted strong in both DP and BW but in different ways. Paul couldn't even touch her because Cynthia was going all out on him. Axew could touch Garchomp because this wasn't a serious battle. The very finish of their battle revealed that Cynthia was going easy on Iris the entire time. Plus, none of Axew's hits really amounted to anything, not a single scratch was a made by his effort. So I really hope you guys stop saying Cynthia is weaker than DP since that really isn't true.

Different situation, different writing - Cynthia was going easy on Iris.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Outrage is SUPPOSED to be like that........but he wasn't out of control, he hit Gobitto everytime he intended to. What you call out of control was the confusion after-effect....

I know its supposed to be like that, I'm saying that he did it out of anger, he or Iris will probably not use that unless they are in a desperate situation and he was this time and he used Giga Impact instead.

He loses control, ingame its the same the pokemon uses Outrage 3 times, you can't control him for 3 turns.

I think it's obvious Cynthia is being depowered so Ash can beat her.

No.

Yeah. See this is what I don't like about BW. They had her unstoppable in DP where barely Paul's Pokemon could touch hers and here we have her getting hit by a small Axew? Imagine if this was back in DP with how little Iris trains him, that she would have been OK'd.

Did you not read my post?

First Shirona wasn't really going full at them, I expect most of the moves to be weaker then usual, she fougth seriously against Shinji, because she had to teach him a lesson, she didn't have to d that to Iris, Iris respectfully asked for a figth with her little Axew, the Giga Impact on Garchomp once again, was just a surprise attack, Garchomp wasn't expecting it.

Garchomp was absolutelly fine after he got back up.

If Shirona points was to OK Iris, she would have done that.

Its still awesome how more then half of the people around here and I mean adults, can't interpret a story at all.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I think it's obvious Cynthia is being depowered so Ash can beat her.
I think it's obvious that you're replacing facts with "facts" of your own simply in order to fulfill your fantasy that will never come true anyway.

Haunter ゴースト

that will never come true anyway.

It's very likely Ash will battle Cynthia properly one day and possibly win. I'd say it's more likely that Ash will at least battle her now in BW considering Cynthia's returned (probably for this one time) again. Considering the player of the games is indeed able to battle her in B/W and B2/W2, it wouldn't be out of place for Ash to battle her either.

If he loses now so what. I fully expect to see him beat her (or any champion for that matter) at some point in the shows run.

Janovy

Banned
It's very likely Ash will battle Cynthia properly one day and possibly win. I'd say it's more likely that Ash will at least battle her now in BW considering Cynthia's returned (probably for this one time) again. Considering the player of the games is indeed able to battle her in B/W and B2/W2, it wouldn't be out of place for Ash to battle her either.

If he loses now so what. I fully expect to see him beat her (or any champion for that matter) at some point in the shows run.
Well, he can only win if he uses his old Pokémon.

But I don't really see him beating her in any other way. :/

Haunter ゴースト

Well, he can only win if he uses his old Pokémon.

But I don't really see him beating her in any other way. :/

Obviously nothings impossible, but it would be very unrealistic if he won with only his Unova Team.

He'd stand a good chance with a mixture of his previous Pokemon. Personally I think Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Snorlax and if Ash was to get Samurott, would be a good line-up. Obviously he has two fire types there, but they are incredibly powerful.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett

Cynthia's always been a good judge of character. Knowing Iris travels with Ash would show to her easily that Iris is nothing like Paul at all. Also with Cynthia having a fully evolved dragon type in Garchomp, she sees in Axew what might've been her Gible when she first captured (if that was the case, same feelings go for Garchomp.) It wasn't going to be an official battle, but Axew would've got a lot of confidence in it, which ended with Axew learning giga impact.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Overall, I'd the say the episode was average. It's ok for a regular episode, but as a premier for a new season, it was a bit weak.

Anyway, it's not really that bad. The animation was good, Axew vs Garchomp was handled well and the story is, at least, entertaining.

Haunter ゴースト

but as a premier for a new season, it was a bit weak.

Huh?

I don't understand how it was weak.

The episode has stated that the league is three months away, has re-introduced an older character for the first time since BW001 (since TR vs TP hasn't aired), and informed us/the character's of the World Tournament which will be an arc very soon.

This started a whole bunch of new things.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... Giga Impact's new animation looks better than the old way that they did it. I like how Garchomp stopped its attack before really hurting Axew. Garchomp vs Axew was ok, with Axew surprisingly able to put a dent on Garchomp.

50/100