• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All For The Love of Meloetta (746)

Animefan145

Yay, glad to see Ash recognize Cynthia, and heh, funny to see how in awe both Cilan and Iris are of her, whereas for Ash its just another of the very many famous people he has met. At least Dawn showed up at the end along with Piplup, and wonder how long until Meloetta shows itself again. Nice opening to the new season.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Held off on posting until it was over ...

They're starting with a recap to last season. /trollll
We then find our heroes at the Pokemon Center.
I think they were just told it's too early for League?
Whatever it was, they were excited and ran off.
Just outside Ash spots Cynthia and greets her.
Cilian and Iris seem envious that Ash met her before.
Ash just mentioned Brock, I believe.
The scene ends with Cynthia breaking tension.
Team Rocket's stalking Meloetta.
They hurt her, but she gets away.
Cut back to the group in Cynthia's car.
We saw this scene 1000 times by now.
Meloetta's running a fever, so they need ice.
That's basically what Glaceon is for.
Cynthia gets a call. Apparently she has to leave.
Ash says he'll take care of Meloetta.
... here comes Oshawott. Uninvited, of course.
Ash puts it in charge while he fetches some ice.
Dara-da? Meloetta.
Oh. There's Iris and Cilian. I thought it was quiet.
Iris sends out Emolga to get some screentime. Also some berries.
They meet Ash at the river, chipping ice by hand like a man.
Emolga flies the berries ahead but crashes into Oshawott.
Meloetta takes the chance to get away from these people.
Yeah, we've seen this scene before too.
Oshawott and Emolga fight until Meloetta's song calms them.
Oh. Cynthia came back.
Ash tries to call Meloetta back down but she's far too shy.
So yeah. Iris does start the confrontation between her and Cynthia.
Team Rocket's back to tracking Meloetta.
Now we get to see Axew show its ... skills.
Naturally, it can't even make Garchomp flinch.
Naturally, Axew can't dodge much either.
Axew gets up after a Draco Meteor.
Now what did it do? What was that? What?
It knocked Garchomp over with one attack.
Lucky for Axew Garchomp didn't take much offense and held back.
Team Rocket is still searching for Meloetta, and manage to spot it following Ash.
The group boards a plane with Cynthia.
Yep. It looks like Cynthia's special guest was Dawn.

I liked this episode a lot. Cynthia, Iris fangasm, Axew vs Garchomp, Meloetta, Dawn... asldkfj So wonderful ;_;

Janovy

Banned
I liked this episode a lot. Cynthia, Iris fangasm, Axew vs Garchomp, Meloetta, Dawn... asldkfj So wonderful ;_;
This is pretty much how I feel as well. <3

Though I find Axew learning Giga Impact kinda BS. :/

dman_dustin

Perhaps because it was too busy focusing on spoilers from the opening (looking at the "Opening's thread", but this episode felt lacking.

I don't know why but it was over before it began. It barely focused on Meloetta, as in Meloetta didn't do much other than play sick.

Nice battle between Garchomp vs Axew, but the only reason why Axew took two super effective hits is because it's Iris the dragon master in training. And Giga Impact? Great, you want to make it suck even worse against ghost types. Seriously Dragon rage, and maybe Outrage (if it ever is decided to be used again), are the only things that can affect a ghost Pokemon. Iris is just lucky there's no type immune to dragon types, in combination with a ghost type, Axew would do crap to that type combination.

I don't hate the choice to give it Giga Impact, seems like a decent enough move, but a powerful NORMAL type move, that's the last thing Axew needed.

LOL @ the Dawn cameo, they aren't even trying to hide her returning to the show. Yes, yes ignoring that it was long confirmed. I guess they decided six months ago that Dawn would be heavily advertised for Best Wishes 2, they decided to just shove her last minute in the last few seconds of the first episode. But they did this with May so it's not at all surprising.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Perfect episode, the music everything.. minus oshawott being a screen hogg, i will give it a 9.5/10 :D

Why? I got zip out of this episode that I could enjoy.
- Cynthia appearing: Mèh, didn't like the intro.. Too bland.
- Axew learning Giga Impact when it hasn't even used Outrage anymore.
- Glaceon appearing for half a second to freeze some water.
- Dawn reappearing is something that I don't like.

No really, the only thing I liked about this episode was the first few notes of the opening, and then it got boring. Heck, even the spoilers were disappointing!

I give this episode a 4.5. And that's only because Team Rocket was okay in this episode, and because Cynthia reappeared. Otherwise I would give it a hard 2.5

Starting to think TR migth go the dumb route again with Meloetta being the new Pikachu, ugh hope not.

'They might, but I think they actually did well on their first attempt. Meloetta was hurt and if they just followed up immediately they would've succeeded without a hitch.

Though that being said: Woobat is still a Woobat and Yamask still a Yamask. 80 episodes in I expect them to evolve.

Graham Aker

Fun episode overall, some nice interactions throughout.

Axew managing to take hits from Cynthia's Garchomp when it hasn't been really trained at all though? Yeah, okay sure. Totally believable.

Janovy

Banned
Fun episode overall, some nice interactions throughout.

Axew managing to take hits from Cynthia's Garchomp when it hasn't been really trained at all though? Yeah, okay sure. Totally believable.
Shut up, just - shut up.

I'm willing to admit that Axew learning Giga Impact might have been BS but going as far to say that he wasn't trained it all is just a load of crap.

Janovy

Banned
Relax. I just want some believable development from Axew. Is that really too much to ask?
You could have used a term other than 'he hasn't been trained AT ALL'.

That seriously pisses me off.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Perhaps because it was too busy focusing on spoilers from the opening (looking at the "Opening's thread", but this episode felt lacking.

I don't know why but it was over before it began. It barely focused on Meloetta, as in Meloetta didn't do much other than play sick.

Nice battle between Garchomp vs Axew, but the only reason why Axew took two super effective hits is because it's Iris the dragon master in training. And Giga Impact? Great, you want to make it suck even worse against ghost types. Seriously Dragon rage, and maybe Outrage (if it ever is decided to be used again), are the only things that can affect a ghost Pokemon. Iris is just lucky there's no type immune to dragon types, in combination with a ghost type, Axew would do crap to that type combination.

I don't hate the choice to give it Giga Impact, seems like a decent enough move, but a powerful NORMAL type move, that's the last thing Axew needed.

LOL @ the Dawn cameo, they aren't even trying to hide her returning to the show. Yes, yes ignoring that it was long confirmed. I guess they decided six months ago that Dawn would be heavily advertised for Best Wishes 2, they decided to just shove her last minute in the last few seconds of the first episode. But they did this with May so it's not at all surprising.

Dawn and Piplup = ratings, so obviously they would show her off to get people to tune in for the next episode.

Graham Aker

You could have used a term other than 'he hasn't been trained AT ALL'.

I just want to see her supposed main Pokemon trained more. It hasn't done anything since BW042. I guess I've burnt out on Pokemon pulling moves/evolving out of nowhere this saga, especially ones that haven't been seen really training.

Janovy

Banned
I just want to see her supposed main Pokemon trained more. It hasn't done anything since BW042. I guess I've burnt out on Pokemon pulling moves/evolving out of nowhere this saga, especially ones that haven't been seen really training.
Yeah, like Scraggy or Zeustle/Pansage. :/

But obviously, since Iris is in question, let's attack her!

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
This image kind of looked funny,

[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/25qc7_th.jpg[/IMG139]

Its good that it learned a new attack but it would still have problem in battle with the moves it has especially against a Ghost type pokemon.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Let's attack her!

I've never claimed to like "Zeustle". I hate it with a passion. Anyway, I was pointing how unrealistic Axew's endurance was, especially since it was going against Cynthia's Garchomp. I found Iris' interaction just fine in this episode.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Eh, anyway, I like the way Iris acted around Cynthia as well, blushing and all - lol.

Graham Aker

Eh, anyway, I like the way Iris acted around Cynthia as well, blushing and all - lol.

I found that enjoyable. We don't usually see Iris' like that so it was rather cute actually. Again, don't get me wrong. Iris was fine this episode. I just found the whole Axew thing a bit silly.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I've never claimed to like "Zeustle". I hate it with a passion. Anyway, I was pointing how unrealistic Axew's endurance was, especially since it was going against Cynthia's Garchomp. I found Iris' interaction just fine in this episode.

Cynthia was going easy on Axew, of course she isn't going to skewer the poor thing. :/ Plus Scraggy learned Focus Blast and HJK from "seeing" Scrafty use em', I don't see why Axew can't learn Giga Impact from seeing Cynthia's Garchomp D-Rush. Which is similar, as well as many other past Pokemon in BW use Giga Impact.

Anyway, average episode. Saving grace of it? Axew, Iris, Cynthia, and the battle.