• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All good things come to an end

Delko

Hail stall player
All good things come to an end (Gen 4 OU)

Hello and welcome to my first RMT on this forum.

482.png
248.png
245.png
212.png
145.png
448.png

This team is designed to prepare Lucario for a late game sweep, by giving it the proper support and taking out it's counter. That's the main strategy. But if that fails or I have to adapt myself at my opponents strategy I can still hit hard and potentially sweep with the other 5 guys.
This has been one of my best team of generation 4, peaked hight at various leaderboards but with gen 5 around I decided to retire this team. I hope you will enjoy this RMT and if you want you can leave your thoughts.

----

482.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Psychic

Azelf acts as an offensive suicide lead for this team, allowing me to gain momentum right of the bat. Of course it's main job is to lay down Stealth Rock, but it isn't useless after that. Psychic OHKO the popular Machamp leads and it a good overall STAB attack. Fire Blast gives me momentum against Stall team leads such as Skarmory and Forretress. Explosion allows Azelf to go out with a bang, making sure it at least dent something. I used to have Life Orb as an item but I changed it to Focus Sash, because Azelf kept dying against opposing CB Azelf, Starmie, Gengar leads without getting SR up or doing anything.

----

248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I have changed Scarftar into a Dragon Dance version. Tyranitar lures out Lucario's counters such as Gliscor and Flygon and takes them out, making it easier for Lucario to sweep. Dragon Dance boosts both Tyranitar Speed and Attack, which often result in an early game sweep. Ice Punch is an excellent move that allows me to take out most pokemon weak to the less accurate Stone Edge but it hits Gliscor, Dragonite, Flygon and Grass types (mostly Breloom and Shaymin) much harder. Crunch is a strong STAB move and is obligatory on Tyranitar. Earthquake is for type coverage and allows Tyranitar to take care of the likes of Lucario, Heatran, Infernape, ... (who resist the other moves). With Lum Berry I can both fake a Choice Item early in the game but it also makes setting up a lot easier.

----

245.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 174 HP / 224 Spd / 112 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Roar

Offensive Suicune with Roar instead of Hidden Power [Electric]. While this may seem like a weird move at first it actually is quite usefull. When I'm up against opposing Calm Minders who are setting up as well it can get +6, Roar them out and start sweeping. Hydro Pump is the main move, and is an insanely powerful STAB move, Ice Beam is used for coverage. I opted for a bulkier set here with Leftovers so it has an easier time setting up, and if needed it can be used defensively as well.

----

212.png

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 10 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Simply Choice Band Scizor. Scizor use mainly used early game to spam U-turn, while in the meanwhile scouting for counters for Lucario as they share a common group of counters. Bullet Punch saved me more then often against pokemon that could have probably swept me. I don't use Pursuit alot but it does have its merrits against things like Blissey or - 2 Celebi switching out. Superpower takes down the pokemon resisting U-turn or Bullet Punch.

----

145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

Zapdos replaced Rotom-w on this team, and is to be considered the glue of the team. Without this thing I would fall against so many threats (ranging from stall to SD Scizor). As the only wall on this team it is used to counter quite a bit. Thunderbolt is the main attacking STAB'ed move and deal pretty good damage even without SpA investments. Toxic helps me take down opposing walls like Vaporeon while I can just Pressure / Roost stall. Heat Wave gives good coverage with Thunderbolt and hits Steel types who are immune to Poison. And with Roost Zapdos can stay healthy all day long. I opted for a specially defensive variant here because Zapdos should also be able to counter special pokemon while still being strong on the physical defensive side.

----

448.png

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Bullet Punch

Lucario is the main sweeper of the team. With it's counters taken out or seriously damaged Lucario can finish the job with a late game sweep. I use the standard version with Sword Dance to boost the attack stat and Close Combat and Bullet punch to plow to the remainings of my opponent's team. ExtremeSpeed provides me with a pretty powerful priority move that takes out late game pokemon such as Scarfed Flygon. Since I replaced Scartar with a DD variant Bullet Punch is the prefered option here to take things on like Gengar and opposing Scarftar. Obviously I don't always get a chance to set up Sword Dance but even then hits from this guy hurts, the extra powerboost from Life Orb deserve a mention here.

----

Thanks for reading my RMT, I hope you liked it.

~ Delko

Last edited:

Regarde

Banned
Hi, this is a good team. Psychic from Azelf won't be KOing Machamp without Life Orb btw but that's not really a big deal since it's not as common as it was a few months ago. Lack of an Electric resist is a big problem since it means Jolteon really does too much damage OHKOing or 2HKOing everyone on your team. This combined with only one Water resist also makes Starmie a big problem too. They will usually always get at least one KO/ Extremespeed from Lucario and Bullet Punch from Scizor is your best bet, and it's a semi-decent check to both, but once someone realizes that's your only way of dealing with them they'll be sure to keep them healthy(LO Starmie with Recover has it so easy).

I'd change your Zapdos set to a Specially Defensive set to deal with Jolteon and Starmie better. Zapdos doesn't need all that Defense to check Scizor/Lucario/Metagross etc, and especially not when you have other things to check them as well. Run the same moves but swap those Defense EVs to SDef. Also, I think you should try Starmie in Suicune's place. That Zapdos isn't gonna do so hot against Stall most of the time, and it would really help you out if you had a Rapid Spinner. Suicune seemed to just be there and didn't really help the rest of your team at all other than countering a couple things. Starmie counters the same things, but can counter longer thanks to Recover, and is more of a team player due to Rapid Spin.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid | 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt / Rapid Spin / Recover

Hydro Pump does a good chunk more to Rotom which will give you a better chance at breaking Stall. Starmie gives you a better Infernape check too since Suicune was only coming in once or twice to stop it. I think these changes will benefit your team a lot. Test them and all that. Good luck.

Delko

Hail stall player
Thanks for the feedback man ^^
I'm really going to try Starmie instead of Suicune, you made some good arguments.
Zapdos actually is specially defensive, I just typed the wrong EV spread (fixed that now).
Thanks!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Modest raises Special Attack and lowers Attack, not Naive

Switch Suicune for the Starmie set above

Scarftar and DDtar suck, this is a set for you to consider. It can take huge chunks out of just about anything.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)
Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail
-Pursuit

allows you to hit many types for SE damage, and takes advantage of two huge STAB CB moves. This kills pretty much anything. I put Aqua Tail in there to take care of the Lucario threats.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Scarftar and DDtar suck.

Lol...

You're still stall weak btw. Although Regarade made some good suggestions in that you should use Starmie over Suicune in order to fix your stall weak I think that the Starmie set that he suggested won't help you versus stall very much at all. Not only is that Starmie unable to 2HKO Rest Talk Rotom with Hydro Pump, but it doesn't lure out any common stall pokemon that you can take advantage of. To make things worse, Skarmory spikes on half of this team very easily and you are running Bullet Punch on Lucario so you're easily walled by Rotom.

What I would do is shift your Starmie to a Life Orb version, which will allow you to 2HKO Rotom easily. Once their spinblocker is removed, pokemon like Bullet Punch Lucario will have an easier time sweeping with no hazards down. Since Starmie is running a Life Orb, I would suggest that you run Recover over Ice Beam on it. Fighting off constant sandstorm damage and entry hazards, will be much better for you in the long run than Ice Beam ever would.

Finally, I would shift your Tyranitar to a different set. Since half of your team is spikes bait, it would be really advisable to fix this problem. If I were you I would just shift your Tyranitar to an expert belt version with Fire Blast. This will allow you to not only bluff a Choice Scarf, but it helps you in winning against pokemon such as Skarmory and Forretress who try and take advantage of free turns in order to spike or rapid spin. You have most of Lucario's counters covered like Gliscor or Hippowdon covered really easily anyways, and breaking down stall cores is more of a bother to this team.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Hasty 252 Atk | 16 SpA | 240 Spe Sand Stream
Crunch | Pursuit | Fire Blast | Superpower

That is all I have to say for now, this is a nice team. Good Luck!

Last edited:

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
ScarfTar is the most used Tyranitar set, in fact, it's called The Standard Set. And you call it sucks. X_X. But DD Tar really sucks, no doubt.

Delko

Hail stall player
I know alot of the pokemon on this team are setup fodder for Spikes, I know this team is weak to stall teams, .... This is an offensive team (more bulkier then most but whatever) and the main idea is to sweep with Lucario. So what if my opponent got 3 layers of Spikes up, he still looses.
ScarTar is a good pokemon, that is true, he also lures out Lucario's counters (Gliscor, ...), but that's it, it can't beat them. This one can, period (except for Sand Veil hax Gliscor, lol)!
Skarmory doesn't take a +4 (or even a +2) CC well, so Stall teams without Gyarados are beaten pretty much all the time if I can get an SD up (if Rotom-a has been taken out that is).

Anyway thanks for the rate AppleButter2, I shall try that wallbreaker Tyranitar over my current set (but I'll put in Ice Beam somewhere).

@ TheAwesomeOne, I used to have U-turn but I prefer the type coverage of having both Psychic and Fire Blast (hence, I don't have Taunt).

Btw: DDtar doesn't suck, it's one of the best Ttar sets to use in the current metagame, it can get so many free set ups, mostly because people assume it's ScarTar.

Last edited: