• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All New And Great Feather Dance Rain Dance Team for Manual Hard-Hitting Rain with Reigning Currents

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Since this is a Feather Dance Team, I use this as the title Picture! :D

Empoleon

Empoleon @ Leftovers

Ability: Defiant

EVs: 146 HP / 115 Atk / 127 Def / 48 SpD / 72 Spe

Impish Nature

- Rain Dance

- Waterfall

- Stealth Rock

- Feather Dance

~So, I was using other teams on the ladder for awhile, under my name Alex Amaterasu, and and I was very inspired to make a very great ladder team with the use of the rarely used set of Feather Dance Empoleon to use as a water-steel Lando-T with a more powerful intimidate, like-attack-drop fundamental role to fulfill the niche of a set-up attacker hard hitter like Lando-T does in OU, so Empoleon seemed like a perfect candidate, because it is water-steel and has the move feather dance! I also wanted a swift-swimmer like Kingdra, and a mon that uses smokescreen to sweep in rain with a greater evasion advantage like SD Gliscor in sand, so Kingdra, whom is next, fit this perfectly, to take advantage of Rain and sweep with Dragon Dance and has Iron Head as well to hit and sweep fairies. Feather Dance, on this Empoleon set allows all my mons, like Iron Defense and Calm Mind Diancie-Mega. I run rain dance for sweeping with Kingdra and waterfall for hitting hard in rain, and sweeping. I also run it as a steel defense against fairies whom hit Kingdra for super-effectiveness! I also run Defiant for attack raises from Lando-T, Gyarados, and other Intimidate mons, for sweeping them hard, especially KO'ing lando-T on the switch, whom sometimes switches in, not expecting Defiant as Empoleon's ability! So, this helps take down Lando-T from utilizing intimidate as an ability at all! :D

Kingdra

Kingdra @ Leftovers

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 154 HP / 217 Atk / 22 Def / 32 SpD / 83 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Iron Head

- Smokescreen

~I run DD physical Kingdra for rain sweeping after set-up from Empoleon, to sweep with rain for turns since Empoleon needs leftovers over Damp Rock for recovery and sticking around in the battle! I run Iron head for sweeping fairies, to catch them off-guard and sweep them, whom Empoleon also walls since fairies hit Kingdra for super-effective damage! Smokescreen is for setting up in the face of pokemon after making them miss to take advantage of speed and attack set-ups, as well as opportunities for it. This is excellent for sweeping in the current-meta (ahahaha, get it?, "current, like a water-current?"), which is very water-weak, which I like to take advantage of on the ladder! Which is why I run Kingdra and Empoleon, for fast and hard-hitting Rain Sweeping with manual Rain Set-Up!

Diggersby

Diggersby @ Earth Plate

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 127 HP / 252 Atk / 22 Def / 14 SpD / 93 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Earthquake

- Return

- Swords Dance

- Wild Charge

~I run Diggersby with Earth Plate to hit harder with Earthquake to sweep the meta with Ground Coverage, which covers Kingdra's water weaknesses. I run Wild Charge for coverage to hit Gyara, and run 93 to outspeed Standard, slow Gyarados and to hit Skarmory as well and swords dance to sweep with great ground, normal, and electric coverage, which works perfectly with Empoleon and Kingdra for all-meta coverage! This also sweeps pokemon like Heatran, which tends to stick around late in games, so this is needed to hit Heatran after Empoleon and Kingdra are down, and Diancie-Mega, and Diggersby are around, which happens often since high level players like to classicaly save Heatran until the end to win battles, since it is such a great win-condition!

Mega-Diancie

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite

Ability: Magic Bounce

EVs: 148 HP / 31 Def / 223 SpA / 34 SpD / 72 Spe

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Calm Mind

- Dazzling Gleam

- Iron Defense

- Earth Power

~I run Iron Defense with Calm Mind for boosting both sides of defense and powerfully sweeping as a powerful and hard-hitting set up high special attacker and very powerful defense and SpD wall, which is great for the meta in the sense of hitting and walling Dragons very hard, I run Earth Power for hitting Heatran in case I need to and hit all the meta hard with fairy and ground moves, which are, incidentally, the only moves needed by Diancie on this type of team. I run 72 for standard, slow speed, and hard-hitting, which is the exact needed, 31 def is for greater defense boosts, and 34 SpD is for greater SpD boosts with Calm Mind. Dazzling Gleam is also for hitting dark types hard, which is very needed in the semi m-sableye meta. And this also serves a great function by bouncing back M-Sableye's Will-O burns to protect Kingdra and Empoleon on the Switch, as well as Diggersby! Chandelure, helps protect my physical attackers from burns, as well, as well as both being Special Attackers, which is important my physical burns, which cut attack, and also help hit other teams on both sides of defenses! Which this team needs, since it depends so much on physical attackers!

Chandelure

Chandelure @ Flame Plate

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 113 HP / 61 Def / 222 SpA / 34 SpD / 78 Spe

Modest Nature

- Flamethrower

- Shadow Ball

- Psychic

- Energy Ball

~I run Chandelure with flame plate for extra hard-hitting with fire moves and Shadow Ball/ghost coverage which is needed for covering things that all the rest of my team doesn't hit. Which, is always, somehow, a function of Shadow Ball coverage. I plan to write a write-up of that, on how Shadow Ball coverage, is a constant need of teams somehow, even though they don't always absolutely need it, which is partly why I made this team. To show the importance of Shadow Ball coverage. I run Energy Ball, for hitting Tyranitar and Gastrodon hard, which are often switched into this as a wall. Energy Ball is a 3-hit KO on max SpD T-tar, which makes it excellent, and is a standard 1-hit KO on standard Gastrodon sets with regular SpD ev's. Psychic is for hitting fighting types hard, is case the opponent tries to pull a tricky switch and hit Chandelure back with Crunch or Knock Off, or some other type of dark move!

Hydreigon

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 148 HP / 32 Def / 219 SpA / 27 SpD / 82 Spe

Modest Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Dark Pulse

- Fire Blast

- Earth Power

~I run Choice Specs Kingdra for having a hard hitting Dragon and a hard dark-coverage hitter on the Special Attacking side with Dark Pulse, which I also like to use for the chance of a flinch. Draco is for nuking other Dragons super-effectively, and for neutral-covering much of the meta, which is why I run Fire Blast for catching Steels, like Ferrothorn, off guard for a 1 or two hit KO, since they are common switches in current battle-playstyle-meta of good players right now! I run Earth Power for Heatran, much like I use all my other mons and use other moves on them to hit Heatran hard, since it is the most common win-condition of good players right now. I run 82 Speed for a standard medium-slow set, since I have Kingdra as a fast-dragon sweeper, and the full optimal-support of lowered-physical attacking mons, with the help and support of Feather Dance Empoleon.

-Well, that brings an end to this rmt of this wonderful and powerful, and masterfully-crafted team, which does very well on the ladder! So, hope you all enjoyed this team! Additional replays I just posted in addition to the one I just posted, will be posted later!

Psilo-Deschutes- (Alex Amaterasu) * (C.N.tower.exe)*

~~~This team is getting a lot of likes on smogon btw, guys, which I love being on these days. So please know this team really is very good, because I am getting a lot of likes by a lot of good players from over there, just like the other two teams I recently RMT'd here (The Pelipper Rain Reign Team, and the Ninetales-Alola team). So, please don't be afraid to rate or like because his team, like the other two are very good teams and do very well on the ladder! So, please give good rates only!
-Psilo

~Replays

~~~A great battle against whom probably is a good friend of mine, and the great battler and youtuber, PokeAimMD, we've talked many times before on the ladder as well as battling on it, and I am a fan of his channel!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-834558764

~~~A great battle against DemDaad
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-834548478

~~~A great battle against an awesome player, and friend of mine named munkeybear! :d :D .-. Enjoy this one, because it's an awesome battle! :D :) :]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-834543849

Last edited: