• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All New UU Team

What pokemon should I run in my last spot?

• Total voters

777ICH777

Hello, this is Ian. I am posting a revamp of my older team, but there are a lot of changes to it. Also, I would descibe this as a Heavily Offensive team with one necessary supporter. The point of this team is to hit so hard the opponent cannot the opponent cannot handle it. SR is a big player for my team, as that 12.5% damage is key for allowing my sweepers to get that necessary OHKO. Anyway, here it is.

Overview:
uxie.png
raikou.png
magmortar.png
azumarill.png
meganium.png
AND
honchkrow.png
or
gallade.png

The Lead
uxie.png

Uxie-BrokMyCock, Levitate leftovers, Sassy, 252 HP, 32 Def, 224 Sp.d
Thunder Wave
Psychic
Stealth Rock
U-turn
This pokemon does such a good job as a lead. Uxie is bulky, and has never been 2HKO'd by any opposing leads. T-wave is for crippling opposing leads, and allows Uxie to be faster the next turn. Stealth rock is necessary on Uxie for my team as whole, as the offense on my team can capitalize on that entry damage. Psychic is for STAB and a good attack altogether. U-turn is a great move for scouting. Uxie is very easy to use against other leads. Taunt leads are really predictable, like ambipom and froslass. Psychic them on their taunt and then switch out on froslass to Magmortar, don't u-turn because then magmortar will take spikes damage. But uturn on ambipom to hit his uturn switch and get your counter in.

The Special Sweeper
raikou.png

Raikou-Wildabeast, Pressure, Shuca Berry/Leftovers, Timid, 6 HP, 252 Sp.A, 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Substitute
This thing is the the best UU electric pokemon, and if it wasn't for sceptile, the best special sweeper in all of UU. After a calm mind, this thing just massacres through things. Raikou does have it's problems with certain pokemon, like steelix, regirock, and registeel, so it's good to have something to counter it. That's why Azumarill is on my team. He can sub on them and then proceed to focus punch them for a lot of damage. Substitute is for protection from status as well as to take weak special attacks to CM up on. HP ice is for the boltbeam combo, but it also hit's Altaria really hard, which my team needs. This Raikou is basically standard, but I have been running Shuca berry to allow it to do a couple of things. It allows raikou to take an EQ from all pokemon, except from a banded Rhyperior but those aren't common in UU. It also allows Raikou to take an EQ from Dugtrio and kill it with a boosted HP ice.

The Wallbreaker
magmortar.png

Magmortar-MainGunner, Flame Body, life orb, Hasty, 8 Atk, 252 Sp.A, 248 Spe
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass
Cross Chop
This pokemon is a boss for taking out many of UU's greatest walls, though it is very, very underrated. It's speed is just enough to wreck havoc through their pokemon, as with those ev's, Magmortar outspeeds all base 95 speed pokemon that don't run a beneficial speed nature, like Modest Moltres or Adamant Arcanine, as well as the common Jolly physical sweepers, like Blaziken or Gallade or even Jolly Venusaur. Fire Blast coming off of the second most powerful Special Attack stat for a fire type (Heatran's 130 and tied with Moltres's 125) is something hard to resist using, and with Life Orb it is even more powerful. Flamethrower is good also if the accuracy is disliking, but the idea of such a massive attack from fire blast is too much to resist. Learning an electric move other HP electric already make magmortar kickass. Thunderbolt is for those bulky UU waters that like to come in on Magmortar. If they switched in on a Fire blast, and then take SR damage, Thunderbolt now OHKO's them. Hidden Power Grass is necessary on Magmortar, as it now allows it to hit those common water/ground types, as well as Rhyperior, for an OHKO. The last move is for taking out Chansey who otherwise walls this set. Magmortar hates priority attackers, so having a pokemon that can take them are great. Overall, Magmortar is a great pokemon, and one of the most important members of my team.

The Pikablu
azumarill.png

Azumarill-Pikablu, leftovers, Adamant, 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 def
Aqua Jet
Substitute
Focus Punch
Double-Edge
This pokemon is one of my favorites, because if it can pull off it's strategy it can demolish many pokemon in the UU environment. Sub on something that you can take an attack from and kill it with aqua jet. Now you're set with a sub up to hit the next pokemon that comes in with a focus punch. Double-edge is a powerful moe and with azumarill's large hp it can take the recoil damage from double-edge really well. It's my move for those troublesome grass and water type pokemon, but i only use it until my sub breaks against grass types. After the sub breaks I switch immediately on one of these grass type pokemon or slowbro, because it's a smart move to save Azumarill's priority STAB move Aqua Jet for later. A very important part of my team and just kick's a lot of ***.

The Physical Beast
meganium.png

Meganium-Bulkanium, leftovers, Impish, 252 HP, 16 Atk, 240 Def
Aromatherapy
Synthesis
Seed Bomb
Earthquake
Thanks to bulldog with the basic idea of this set. Meganium is way to underrated to be NU. But that's another story. Meganium fits in very well with on my team, taking priority attacks that target magmortar, rid my team of status, and counter DD Feraligatr who would otherwise threaten my team a lot. Aromatheraoy is for curing my team of status because my team hates status, and Synthesis is for a reliable recovery move that would allow Meganium to live longer. Synthesis is also good because of the lack of Sandstorm presence in UU. I went with a physical attacking movepool because since Raikou was bumped down to UU I need a way to hit it and not let Meganium become set up bait for CM raikou. Earthquake takes care of him well, and seed bomb is for a good STAB move.

The last slot on my team is one I am very unsure of, I just know it needs to be physical. My team is missing a good strong physical attacker, but it's a hard choice for the last spot.

The Pimpin Assassin
honchkrow.png

The first of my 2 choices I have narrowed it down to. My team was lacking that great revenge killer for taking down a CM Raikou or Sceptile or even Swellow. So, my Scarfkrow revenge killer.
Honchkrow-Will Smith, Insomnia, Choice Scarf, Jolly, 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed
Brave Bird
Superpower
Night Slash
Pursuit
This pokemon is one of the best revenge killers in the UU tier with it's diverse, powerful, attacking movepool, with moves like Brave Bird and Superpower. Brave Bird serves Honchkrow as it's main attacking move, hitting a lot of pokemon for loads of damage. Night Slash is for STAB. Superpower allows Honchkrow to do massive damage to things that resists it's dual stabs or are weak to superpower, like Registeel, Regirock, or Rhyperior just to name a few (How does a bird even learn Superpower anyway?). Pursuit is a great move on any revenge killer, because now Honchkrow can hit any thing that would switch out for a lot of damage, like Chansey or Dugtrio (who will come in on my special attackers). With a scarf Honchkrow now out speeds every pokemon in the UU tier bar electrode and other, faster, scarfed pokemon. So that's my 2nd option. Also I went with Insomnia over Super Luck because it was much more useful to be able to come in on a sleep move or take a random yawn than to have slightly higher chance of getting a crit with my moves, because honestly Honchkrow is already a pretty powerful pokemon.

The second of the two pokemon I have wittled it down to is the SD striker that is Gallade.
The Swordsmaster
gallade.png

Gallade-Link, Steadfast, Life Orb, Jolly, 252 Atk, 4 Sp.D, 252 Speed
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Shadow Sneak
This is my last option for a physical attacking pokemon. Gallade is one of the most feared pokemon in the UU tier after a SD, hitting anything that doesn't resist it's Close Combat for an OHKO. Psycho cut is for a secondary STAB hitting poison types that resist it for an OHKO. Shadow Sneak is a great move on a pokemon like Gallade. It allows him to hit faster pokemon for a good amount of damage, like dugtrio, or other psychic types. It also helps Gallade make up for his rather mediocre speed. The Sniper

Pokemon that got removed from my team
drapion.png

Drapion-Doombuggy, Scope Lens, Jolly, 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 spe
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Earthquake
Cross Poison/Aqua Tail
This was my late game sweeper. Many people think Drapion is better as a toxic spiker or defensive wall, but with sniper I think it does a better job at attacking. After a SD and a crit with sniper anything that doesn't resist the move with die. SD is for boosting it's attack to a respectable 558. Night Slash is for STAB as well as works well with sniper. Earthqauke is for a powerful move and provides good coverage with night slash. The last move is dependent on the item i use. Cross Poison is for abusing sniper as well as providing a secondary STAB move. Aqua tail is for type coverage and for hitting Rhyperior for an OHKO after a SD, and with Life Orb. Though it is not his main niche, he can rid my team of those annoying Toxic Spikes. So what was it lacking?
Drapion unfortunately just didn't have the strong base power like the other two which was important. Though it was faster, it's lack of a priority move hurt it greatly. And though sniper is a great ability, the 25% chance of it pulling off was too low to rely on. That's why i dropped it from the team.

Another important thing I was considering was to replace Meganium with Leafeon. The reason for this was not only could leafeon cure the team of status with heal bell, but also pass wishes to teammates. It also has a good Atk stat, and well as a better speed and defense stat. However, Meganium does have better Special Atk and can handle things like Milotic's ice beam and RD sweeper's Ludicolo better. Anyway, I'm not sure, but could you please tell me what you think of this idea?

So that's my UU battle squad. Please vote in the poll I have as well as post a comment on your choice saying why them. PLEASE do not vote for drapion, because until I learn how to change a poll I am stuck with that one. Anyways, that's my team. Please tell me what you think, and I am open to any suggestions for improvement. Thanks.

Last edited:

777ICH777

Thanks for your input exploding muk, and I was leaning towards Honchkrow. I'll wait until some other people vote to make a final decision.

Bulldogs

Banned
Gallade can also revenge Maggy via Shadow Sneak. You still use that Meganium set lol. I personally prefer Double Edge or Superpower in return's spot on Azu.

Mix Venu could be problematic, especially if Magmortar comes in on an EQ. Honchkrow could patch this weakness up easily. Swellow can also easily come in late game and sweep, particularly if Azu has already had to do something that game. Just be conservative with Azu and you should be fine. Miltank can wall a good portion of your team. Magmortar can't 2HKO 252/252 Miltank with Thick Fat. This is where Gallade could be useful. Don't really see any more glaring weaknesses.

All in all I think Gallade is the better choice. His sweep is not cut short by Rotom due to Shadow Sneak. He can also take care of Venusaur via Psycho Cut. He also takes care of Miltank.

777ICH777

Gallade can also revenge Maggy via Shadow Sneak. You still use that Meganium set lol. I personally prefer Double Edge or Superpower in return's spot on Azu.

Mix Venu could be problematic, especially if Magmortar comes in on an EQ. Honchkrow could patch this weakness up easily. Swellow can also easily come in late game and sweep, particularly if Azu has already had to do something that game. Just be conservative with Azu and you should be fine. Miltank can wall a good portion of your team. Magmortar can't 2HKO 252/252 Miltank with Thick Fat. This is where Gallade could be useful. Don't really see any more glaring weaknesses.

All in all I think Gallade is the better choice. His sweep is not cut short by Rotom due to Shadow Sneak. He can also take care of Venusaur via Psycho Cut. He also takes care of Miltank.

I'll be sure to try Gallade out. Also, on shoddy I went 27-3 with Honchkrow, so it's going to be pretty hard to beat it lol. But who knows? Maybe i'll go 30-0 with gallade. Thanks for your input.

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
I would like to see Gallade in your last spot. But here's a set I think could help you; it's my Custom Gallade set.

Gallade
Steadfest
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Scarf
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 Spe Def
Moves:
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake

With it's incredibly high attack and decent speed, the choice scarf is my item of choice because it outruns a lot more pokemon now. I'll let you borrow mine and you can see how it works out.

Bulldogs

Banned
He already has Azu for a revenge killer so I don't see that set doing anything better than the SD set other than being outrunning a few random threats.

777ICH777

Well I got a few changes to make. I'll narrow it down to 2 pokemon. I guess "bump" whatever that means.