• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All-Nighters

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
I do because I prefer sleeping during the day. So far I've got a week's worth of not sleeping till daylight. I do just fine other than the occasional tics of insanity.

Andrew Lima

Breeding Expert
I just like sleeping into to about 12 even though I go to bed at around 4 or 5 nowadays.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
@Magnet:
I just finished one. I drank straight coffee and I was awake for that whole time conversing.

Riversong

Buggy down.
The longest I've stayed up to is around 6am, but I fell asleep. So I've never pulled an all-nighter; I love my sleep.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
All the time for all kinds of reasons.

Toward the end of college semesters, as final papers and projects start cropping up, I tend to pull one every few days.

Sometimes I'll be up all night or nearly all night after a party.

And if I have nothing scheduled the next day (random weekend night or a summer/break day), I tend to stay up incredibly late without realizing it, sometimes into the morning. This is not healthy, but it's so hard to fix.

Geekachu

Me and my friends once thought it would be amazing just to stay out all night running around town. Of course, it was one of the single most awful things we've ever done. It started off alright, but by 2am we were sitting in a bus stop bored out of our minds.
Great idea.

Basically what Cipher said.

I pulled a horrible amount of all-nighters in college, even if I didn't have any a pressing number finals to study for or papers to write. It didn't help that my earliest class was at 11 am last semester and I had the mind-set of, "If I go to bed at 3am, I still get 7 hours of sleep!"
I'm definitely going to try to stop doing that next semester. haha, right.

I also tend to stay up until 5am doing nothing and I don't really realize it. It really isn't healthy, but every time I try to fix it, something happens and I stay up really late again.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
It didn't help that my earliest class was at 11 am last semester and I had the mind-set of, "If I go to bed at 3am, I still get 7 hours of sleep!"
Haha, oh god. I have the exact same internal reasoning, although it's occasionally worse.

"Three o' clock? If I wake up at nine, I can still be up at a reasonable time and have a healthy six hours of sleep!"

And then the next day is coffee, coffee, coffee. Rinse and repeat until there's a long weekend or something.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Only all-nighters I pulled as a younger teen were all night Halo parties. I think I've been to about three.

More recently, the closest I came to an all-nighter was when I stayed up to 1:00 AM to pick out classes for college. But that doesn't really count, because I was asleep by 2:30 and didn't wake up until like, 10:00.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I did six all-nighters in a row during my sophomore year in college to finish a project.

......I do not recommend it.[/understatement]

To explain the situation further, it was an animation project, and anyone who's ever animated knows that it takes forever. I did not procrastinate. I had been working on it for three weeks before the unholy week of no sleep that came to be known as "animation week."

And then once it was over and done with, I realized that I still had an entire semester worth of drawing homework due the next day...

redlongmagnet said:
Doing one right now. Although it is a desperate attempt to get my sleeping schedule back on track.
Haha, I tried that once! I was so hopelessly nocturnal that I hoped an all-nighter would fix it. I made it to 8am and then I was like, "Yeah....this isn't gonna work...zzzzzzzzzz."

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Haha, oh god. I have the exact same internal reasoning, although it's occasionally worse.

"Three o' clock? If I wake up at nine, I can still be up at a reasonable time and have a healthy six hours of sleep!"

And then the next day is coffee, coffee, coffee. Rinse and repeat until there's a long weekend or something.

This, all day erry day, down to calculating how long I need to get ready that particular day.

But yeah. Pretty much every night I pull an "all-nighter," whether I"m with people, doing projects, or just because I'm not tired yet.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I did one legit one all nighter, for Grad Nite the day I graduated High School. I woke at 5:30 on that Sunday because I was excited, I mean I ending a big part of my life. The ceremony ended at 7ish got to the yacht club at 8ish and played video games ate food and reminisced with my friends the whole night. Didn't get to sleep until I got hope at 9 the next day and even then I only slept for 4 hours, then later that night I had my friends' and her brothers grad party.

My sleep cycle was pretty out of sync for about a week.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
I've come....close to one. Fell asleep at twelve, woke up at five. The latest I've ever stayed up is probably about 5 o'clockish. And I stayed up until, like, 2 in the morning two nights in a row once, watching my sister play Persona 4. I stay up late, but never pulled an all-nighter.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I've been staying up all night recently, not voluntarily though. I've developed a pretty bad case of insomnia.

Syssareth

I've stayed up until 5 AM a couple of times, reading, and it's not at all unusual for me to stay up until 2 or 3.

But I've never gone a whole night without sleep.