• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All of the UU/BL Pokemon on Wi-Fi are begining to annoy me

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Yes, but something like Garchomp VS Glaceon- Glaceon... um... wins. And scizor and yanmega can't really be compared, they're totally different from each other >_> (Yanmega is more special attack based, where scizor is more physical...)

Really tiers have no effect on anything, other then uber, imo. You can still beat most ou pokes with the right uu/nu poke or move, or rather, it's more based off of the experience and skill of the player, rather then the pokemon.

Last I checked, Glaceon can't switch into Garchomp, and even if it tried to revenge kill it, Glaceon would need a scarf in order to avoid being hit by Garchomp and OHKO'd.

As said before, tiers show on average how strong a pokémon is in an average player's hands. Sure, any pokémon could have a niche in any tier, however, that does not mean that a lower-tiered pokémon is an enormous hidden gem, simply a pickaxe that could handle a job that the hammer cannot do efficiently.

pokemaster001

As said before, tiers show on average how strong a pokémon is in an average player's hands. Sure, any pokémon could have a niche in any tier, however, that does not mean that a lower-tiered pokémon is an enormous hidden gem, simply a pickaxe that could handle a job that the hammer cannot do efficiently.
each pokemon has their strengths and weaknesses...
and tiers are based on usage, one day someone was like "people are using more garchomp than paras...I'm going to make a tier" and them people were like "oh crap, everyone likes these pokemon a lot, I'll get them and prepare for them because I know I'm going to see a lot." and then people were like "advanced players use them, so they're better"
no pokemon is better or worse...except unevolved pokemon and stuff

I like Pikachu

Yes, but something like Garchomp VS Glaceon- Glaceon... um... wins. And scizor and yanmega can't really be compared, they're totally different from each other >_> (Yanmega is more special attack based, where scizor is more physical...)

Really tiers have no effect on anything, other then uber, imo. You can still beat most ou pokes with the right uu/nu poke or move, or rather, it's more based off of the experience and skill of the player, rather then the pokemon.

Yeah, I guess. It's just really annoying seeing another dark void Darkrai EVERY SINGLE MATCH...

I would agree. Dark Void is as annoying as a piece of ****
and Garchomp would win because:
1. It's faster
2. Glanceon's physical defense is pretty sad.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
>.> i dont want to offend anyone but i hate the fact that Pokemon are catagorized by all of this it seems to take the fun outta the game and many people like myself on youtube keeps getting critizized for it.

anyway i dont mind the UU. BL's at all i just hate the fact that they are classafied as them

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Personally I hate it when my opponent's using UUs. I got on PBR to fight ubers, not to be boring.

And anyway, Smogon are absolutely right. Tiers aren't a measure of how good a pokémon is: they're a measure of how popular it is. And if it's popular, that's probably because it works. Scizor is the most-used pokémon right now because it's just a very good pokémon. Similarly, something like Salamence will do your team a lot better than a Nidoking at the same job. It's just better. You're playing to win. The likes of those who use DD Feraligatrs in OU thinking they're smart. The ones who think "The best players use UUs in OU and still win". If you think that when you use OUs in OU you're too good for everyone else, go find some better opponents. If you think handicapping yourself then using the excuse "but I was using UUs" when you lose is clever, shame on you.

2. Glanceon's physical defense is pretty sad.
Also firstly you got the name wrong and secondly, Glaceon actually has rather good defence.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Why is it that Pokemon are even catagorized >.> doesnt that take the fun out of the game. Im not against anyone's comments but i feel its takes fun out of the game

The only thing i hate is Darkrai's dark void being used all the time >.> i rarely use Dark Void only on emergencies

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Why is it that Pokemon are even catagorized >.> doesnt that take the fun out of the game. Im not against anyone's comments but i feel its takes fun out of the game

The only thing i hate is Darkrai's dark void being used all the time >.> i rarely use Dark Void only on emergencies

I couldn't agree more. Tiers are just stupid anyway, and to be honest i think anybody who goes along with them is too. If SOW was running constantly into teams full of legendaries, i could understand, but she's just running into normal Pokemon which there is nothing wrong with.

Oh, and for the record, when i say "Legendaries", i am only counting legends, NOT Garchomp.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I couldn't agree more. Tiers are just stupid anyway, and to be honest i think anybody who goes along with them is too. If SOW was running constantly into teams full of legendaries, i could understand, but she's just running into normal Pokemon which there is nothing wrong with.

Oh, and for the record, when i say "Legendaries", i am only counting legends, NOT Garchomp.

totally agre with u on that >.> that's why i have that thing in my sig

I like Pikachu

>.> i dont want to offend anyone but i hate the fact that Pokemon are catagorized by all of this it seems to take the fun outta the game and many people like myself on youtube keeps getting critizized for it.

anyway i dont mind the UU. BL's at all i just hate the fact that they are classafied as them

Hey ****er, you're offending me and tiers are important Magcargo VS Garchomp= Garchomp wins 2,000,000% And OU are supreme to UU. If you don't like it, go to a casual battling site.

Oh jesus what kind of a shithole thread is this?

Shuckle Of Cloudy Sky said:
Ok, tiers are NOT important (other then ubers).

Said the ignorant person.

Who ever has more experience and skill is going to win, no matter what tier the pokemon are from.

So if I had a team of Bidoofs and I was facing off against someone with less experience (but still enough to battle sensibly, mind you) and were using a team of Darkrais who carried Dark Void / Dark Pulse / Focus Blast / Nasty Plot, I would win?

Awesome.

Really, though, what, is smogon the ruler of the world? Why do we follow tiers anyways? Just use a group of your faves. Of course you need to have a variety of faves or else you aren't going anywhere...

You realize Smogon doesn't just think "lol we'er goin to trow tese poeks in tis teir lolol", right? It's based on usage stats, with the exception of Ubers and BL, which are banned lists for OU and UU respectively. We have tiers because they show what Pokemon are more common, therefore it's easier to find counters for them. Even if everyone "played with their faves", some pokemon would be liked the most, therefore people would start making movesets to work against it; tiers do this in a organized way, and no matter how much you say "have varieties of faves", it ain't happening, sorry to break it to you. In the same way, just because a Pokemon is NU doesn't mean it can't find a niche in OU; tiers are not simply this is better than this.

If you want to play without tiers, you're free to do so; make a server on shoddy, a forum, whatever. No one's telling you you have to play with tiers, so would you just shut up and stop complaining?

I Like Pikachu said:
Hey ****er, you're offending me and tiers are important Magcargo VS Garchomp= Garchomp wins 2,000,000% And OU are supreme to UU. If you don't like it, go to a casual battling site.

I pray this is sarcasm or I'm just picking this up wrong. You realize sppf is probably the most casual site you will ever find in terms of battling, correct?

Zero Nexus said:

Way to back up your point there, son; by calling everyone he follows this stuff stupid. Thumbs up, you should try going to the debate forum with that natural ability to argue there.

To respond to your signature, your logic is flawed. To quote an earlier part of my post;

You realize Smogon doesn't just think "lol we'er goin to trow tese poeks in tis teir lolol", right? It's based on usage stats, with the exception of Ubers and BL, which are banned lists for OU and UU respectively. We have tiers because they show what Pokemon are more common, therefore it's easier to find counters for them. Even if everyone "played with their faves", some pokemon would be liked the most, therefore people would start making movesets to work against it; tiers do this in a organized way, and no matter how much you say "have varieties of faves", it ain't happening, sorry to break it to you. In the same way, just because a Pokemon is NU doesn't mean it can't find a niche in OU; tiers are not simply this is better than this.

Basically, what you're saying is the opposite; tiers help make things simpler and help you decide what Pokemon should go in your Team to counter what. All in all without tiers, it would be a hell of a lot more confusing.

Tiers actually apply on PBR?

No, not really. However a lot of competitive battlers who play will play with teams of only OUs. SkittyOnWailord has really nothing to be feeling guilty about, it's not like OU > UU > NU in terms of being better, and these people are free to use what they want.

To end my post, let me just get something straight; all of you who complain about tiers restricting your playing are retards. If you don't want to follow them, you don't have to; make some kind of forum, advertise it on other places, get a server started on shoddy / netbattle, etc. Basically, build a bridge and get over it.

Sarracenia said:
And anyway, Smogon are absolutely right. Tiers aren't a measure of how good a pokémon is: they're a measure of how popular it is. And if it's popular, that's probably because it works. Scizor is the most-used pokémon right now because it's just a very good pokémon. Similarly, something like Salamence will do your team a lot better than a Nidoking at the same job. It's just better. You're playing to win. The likes of those who use DD Feraligatrs in OU thinking they're smart. The ones who think "The best players use UUs in OU and still win". If you think that when you use OUs in OU you're too good for everyone else, go find some better opponents. If you think handicapping yourself then using the excuse "but I was using UUs" when you lose is clever, shame on you.

Quoted for being sensible and making your point calmly and directly. I applaud you for this.

Shuckle of Cloudy Sky

Stall Fest FTW
I originally had a big post here about what Chaotic Tyrant said. But now I'm just going to agree with him and be called a retard and shut up cause this thread really is a **** hole. No really it's become nothing but some huge off topic argument. I really just don't care anymore. SOW said that they were upset because they used ous on PBR and found a lot of UU/NU teams. There is nothing wrong with that. I use Ous on PBR Randoms and I find a lot of uu/nu teams too, but I really don't care. Then I usually get the uber people with thier darkvoid darkrai and specs water spout kyogres. And I don't have something with water absorb so I always lose against them. It's really what time of day you go on. But don't feel bad cause you use ous because there are a lot of other people who use them, too.

Anyways, you guys can have fun making this thread a giant mess, I guess I'll leave it. Not much to say, really. I don't care much about tiers anyways, as I usually battle on PBR rather then do DS battles, and there are no tiers there. So I can't say much about them, really.

pokemaster001

All in all without tiers, it would be a hell of a lot more confusing.
yeah, I would hate to choose a team without thinking "oh crap! this pokemon is way overused, I gotta counter this specific pokemon and not care about this other pokemon" and "wow this pokemon is overused, I should use it!"

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader

you sir have just won this thread.....in my opinion anyways.

i hate the tiers too but as long as that damn smogon rules we pretty much have to abide by them to avoid annoying people *sigh*

yeah, I would hate to choose a team without thinking "oh crap! this pokemon is way overused, I gotta counter this specific pokemon and not care about this other pokemon" and "wow this pokemon is overused, I should use it!"

lol

Who says you have to pay attention to tiers while building a team?

TeraDyne

Pocket Monsters Fan
lol

Who says you have to pay attention to tiers while building a team?

Depending on what forums you go to, it could be everyone. I won't go into that, though.

Personally, I don't pay attention to them outside of the BT ban list in-game. I don't use the Smogon ruleset, perfering the in-game rules (species, item, sleep, freeze) instead. As such, the teirs don't affect me. Well, sort of, since a lot of OU users tend to D/C on me in Random Wi-Fi when they see my team or if I use an Eva/Acc move like Sand Attack or Sweet Scent.

IMO, teirs are part of a completely different subset of the community, of which I'm not part of. I just wish that part wouldn't shove them in my face when they see the chance.

TeraDyne said:
Depending on what forums you go to, it could be everyone. I won't go into that, though.

I've never heard one person say you have to play with tiers. Not even on Smogon, they don't shove that stuff down your throat; but you should be aware that people there expect you to.

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
Didn't bother reading any posts but the first one.

Uh, yeah.
Alot of people here wouldn't give a (*^% if they beat an UU/NU team with Ubers/OUs, they'd actually feel good about it, but when that UU/NU team beats them, they start making up *&@#.

TeraDyne

Pocket Monsters Fan
I've never heard one person say you have to play with tiers. Not even on Smogon, they don't shove that stuff down your throat; but you should be aware that people there expect you to.

Wasn't talking about Smogon. GameFAQs/Gamespot and a few fan boards (that I've since left and thankfully forgotten) have a large following of Smogon zealots that force Netbattle/Shoddy Battle teirs down your throat, especially when you ask for an in-game team rate. Sadly, GF/GS has had the problem since the Netbattle days, which is why I don't go to their Pokémon boards very often. I much perfer Serebii and the like.

Wasn't talking about Smogon. GameFAQs/Gamespot and a few fan boards (that I've since left and thankfully forgotten) have a large following of Smogon zealots that force Netbattle/Shoddy Battle teirs down your throat, especially when you ask for an in-game team rate. Sadly, GF/GS has had the problem since the Netbattle days, which is why I don't go to their Pokémon boards very often. I much perfer Serebii and the like.

You say that like you actually expected any kind of intelligent discussion there. GameFAQs and Gamespot are really only good for fan guides and the like, their respective forums are repulsive.