• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Out Offensive

At a Glance
385.gif
230.gif
145.gif
212.gif
392.gif
381s.gif

Details
Considerations in bold purple. Changes in bold green

385.gif

Hax (Jirachi) @ Razor Fang / Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Wave / Body Slam
- Wish Ice Punch

Just there for haxing to annoying my foe. Pretty self explanatory set. Iron Head for flinching and STAB, Zen Headbutt for STAB, Thunder Wave for Parahax, and Wish to heal. Normally, I'd use Bounce instead of Wish, but Wish is there as a last resort to heal the next Pokémon when Jirachi faints. Wish now replaced by Ice Punch for Ground coverage.

230.gif

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Toxic Return

This guy just came in today. Pretty standard set, but I replaced Substitute for Toxic just cause I'm not good at using Substitute. Swift Swim is here to abuse rain if the foe has Drizzle. Lum Berry is there in case the foe paralyzes me and to heal confusion. Return now replaces Toxic.

145.gif

ZaPdOs (Zapdos) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Air Cutter

I could've used Lightningrod, but I won't be able to have Heat Wave if I do so. Heat Wave is to take out Ice types, Thunderbolt for STAB, Volt Switch when I find a Blissey/Chansey or when I need to switch, Hidden Power [Flying] replaced Air Cutter because of power. Sure, Air Cutter has higher crit rate, but even so they don't come that often.

212.gif

Ninja (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Common set. Bullet Punch makes use of Technician for a BP of 120 with STAB. Superpower takes out other Steels but is mainly for Heatran. Bug Bite also uses STAB and Technician and can use up the foe's Berry. Swords Dance replaced Roost cause I never found an opportunity to use Roost. One Swords Dance and I can deal some heavy damage.

392.gif

Falcon Punch (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

His main job is to take out Excadrill, Cloyster, and most other walls. My only wallbreaker. Fire Punch is for STAB obviously, Thunder Punch knocks out Flying and Water types, Mach Punch replaced Close Combat in case of Sand Rush Excadrills and Shell Smash Cloysters (Infernape is my only counter against Excadrill and is back-up for Scizor against Shell Smash Cloyster). Swords Dance is for an attack boost I guess. Iron Fist is here cuz I forgot about it.

381s.gif

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Draco Meteor for heavy damage and Psyshock for STAB and Blissey/Chansey. I only modified this Latios but never made it. I think Surf is there for Heatran though. Hidden Power [Fire] is for Bug types.

This team covers every type except Electric and Ghost. The only weather this team cannot abuse is Sandstorm and Hail. I also have no Rapid Spinners or anyone to set up Spikes and Stealth Rock. But I'm the type of person who hits hard and hits fast, so the only time I set up is when I'm using Swords Dance.

Last edited:

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Might want to try Body Slam on Jirachi-with serene grace it almost always has parahax(for me)

Phoopes

There it is.
My suggestions:

On Jirachi, since you're all offensive, you may want to try Body Slam and Ice Punch for paralysis and coverage respectively.
You might want to try Hidden Power (Ice) on Zapdos for pseudo BoltBeam coverage.
For Infernpae, the Ability you want is Iron Fist. It increases the power of Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and Mach Punch by 20%.
For Kingdra, since you're all offensive, you could replace Toxic with something. My best suggestion would either by Return, which has 102 base power with full happiness, or Bounce, so you're not completely walled by Ferrothorn.

Defensively, you cover every type. At least one of your Pokemon resists or is immune to any type of move, which is excellent.

Overall, very good team. If you look at some of the suggestions, this could be a great hyper offensive team.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
maybe use fire punch over zen headbutt on jirachi. scizor isn't thaa fast, so if you keep that ev spread use adamant. maybe use brick break over super power as well so you can sty in longer without the defense and attack drop. take razor fang off jirachi cause it sucks. replace with leftovers maybe.

Swagga09

I could see Gastrodon walling most of your team. I suggest a grass move somewhere. Maybe Energy Ball on Latios?

Body Slam>>>Thunderwave. Does damage AND has the same effect thanks to serene grace For Jirachi

Last edited:
My suggestions:

On Jirachi, since you're all offensive, you may want to try Body Slam and Ice Punch for paralysis and coverage respectively. I'll test this out sometimes. Thanks!
You might want to try Hidden Power (Ice) on Zapdos for pseudo BoltBeam coverage. I guess I can try this too since I don't Volt Switch often.
For Infernpae, the Ability you want is Iron Fist. It increases the power of Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and Mach Punch by 20%. This one I already know. Just forgot. Thanks for the reminder though!
For Kingdra, since you're all offensive, you could replace Toxic with something. My best suggestion would either by Return, which has 102 base power with full happiness, or Bounce, so you're not completely walled by Ferrothorn. I'll try Return. I dun liek 2 turn moves.

Defensively, you cover every type. At least one of your Pokemon resists or is immune to any type of move, which is excellent.

Overall, very good team. If you look at some of the suggestions, this could be a great hyper offensive team.

maybe use fire punch over zen headbutt on jirachi. I never understood why Fire Punch. I'm gonna use Ice cause it covers Ground.scizor isn't thaa fast, so if you keep that ev spread use adamant. Maybe.maybe use brick break over super power I'll stick with Super Power. That's why I have Swords Dance right? As for Def drop, I'm not too concerned cause most Fire attacks are Special anywayas well so you can sty in longer without the defense and attack drop. take razor fang off jirachi cause it sucks. replace with leftovers maybe. Maybe. I put Razor Fang cause it adds +11.7% flinch chance for a total of 71.7% of flinch. I see why you'd rather Leftovers cause of the healing. I'll consider this.

I could see Gastrodon walling most of your team. I suggest a grass move somewhere. Maybe Energy Ball on Latios? I'll also put this in consideration.

Body Slam>>>Thunderwave. Does damage AND has the same effect thanks to serene grace For Jirachi This too!

Comments on feedback in bold red.

Last edited:

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
One thing I would change is even if you can't use sub on kingdra, there's probably something out there that's better than Toxic.. Like.. I dunno.. Maybe Clear Smog for annoying stat boosters?

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
You're making the same mistakes I did when I first started Hyper Offense. Let's start with this: every single one of your sweepers must have a set-up move. Otherwise stall is gonna rape you. Secondly, you must go either all physical or all special, going mixed simply does not work as well. Jirachi will not work. Scizor will not work. Zapdos will not work. Latios might not work, although it has Calm Mind. You'll also need a dual screener like Deoxys-S or Espeon.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
^go with this, that is the nature of hyper offensive, boost till you cant boost or feel it's sufficient, then sweep. Espeon an deoxys work as screeners, bronzong is pretty boss as well. Then conkeldurr, latias, bulky SD scizor, Reuniclus, they all work on a hyper offensive. Last thing though. Iron fist+thunder punch=illegal, since all DW starters are male and none come with thunder punch so you can't breed it (unless they either release female DW starters or gray version has tutors) so just use blaze for now since the coverage of thunderpunch is much more preferred then boosting Mach punch and fire punch.