• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Systems Go! A Ciaran + MajeSan Joint RMT

MajeSan

Administraighter
HTML:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhLgUv6sTFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhLgUv6sTFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ALL SYSTEMS GO!
Spr_5b_359.png
A Ciaran + Maje Joint RMT
Spr_5b_478.png

http://i45.*******.com/2h5tgjl.png

INTRODUCTION/TEAMBUILDING

So this team started with Ciaran seeing a battle with a similar Gorebyss to the one used in this team in a battle -- the problem with the team he faced was that it was a half-assed attempt at using its potential to pass to Latios who overall didn't have the variability to make total use of the boost. Ciaran won the battle but was inspired to make most effective use of this strategy.

In the original incarnation this team used Latios and Garchomp as the potential receivers -- every other Pokemon was the same albeit with slightly different sets. It was at this point that Ciaran told Maje about the strategy and team, and he posed some ideas about what could make it more effective to him -- i.e. using actual mixers instead of one special attacker and one physical. In particular he suggested Salamence to replace Garchomp and Ciaran experimented alongside Maje to replace Latios. Eventually they tried Blaziken, but overall if was ineffective for the team. At this point Maje suggested Electivire, which... Ciaran was hesitant about at first, but eventually after testing he warmed to the idea and realized its potential. Thus the current incarnation of the team was born.

We've named the team "All Systems Go!" after the Krypteria song embeded above due to the way it plays -- it sets up in phases and at the last phase if done correctly the game is essentially over.

http://i45.*******.com/2h5tgjl.png

AT A GLANCE

|-
Spr_5b_485.png
-|-
Spr_5b_598.png
-|-
Spr_5b_481.png
-|-
Spr_5b_368.png
-|-
Spr_5b_466.png
-|-
Spr_5b_373.png
-|

http://i45.*******.com/2h5tgjl.png​

Spr_5b_485.png

Heatran @ Balloon
  • Flash Fire
  • 4 Def | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spd
  • Timid Nature [+Speed, -Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Fire Blast/Magma Storm: Heatran's powerful STAB attack is what allows Heatran to get up SR more often than not, because Fire Blast just rips apart most taunters. Even Aerodactyl doesn't really like it. Magma Storm allows Tran to trap and KO Stall Pokemon that would like to switch, letting you play more effectively against stall, if you don't mind the Accuracy drop, it's more preference than anything else.[/b]
    • Earth Power: Fire types and opposing Heatran who don't mind Fire Blast will be rocked by the super-effective Earth Power...assuming they don't have their own Balloons. A fantastic coverage move alongside Fire STAB.
    • Stealth Rock: A staple for every team, Stealth Rock helps to keep potent threats like Urugamoth, Charizard (in the sun), Gyarados, Salamence, and Kyuremu in check.
    • Dragon Pulse: Breaks Balloons, hits Dragons super effectively, and has perfect accuracy. It's pretty much the catch-all coverage move for Heatran, without resorting to Hidden Powers.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Few taunters can stand up to a Heatran's Fire Blast, and even fewer want to stay in and take two attacks from the fire toad. This helps us to set up Stealth Rock more easily, as Taunters will take heavy punishment, and this deters them from wanting to Taunt. Thus, it packs attack power and Stealth Rock with a unique and effective defensive typing.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Spd and the Timid nature to outrun or speed tie with other Balloon or Shuca Heatran "leads" and midgame Pokes.
    • 252 SpAtk allows for the best attacks possible against Heatran's targets.
    • 4 Def is filler -- it's not in HP because with it in HP Heatran's HP total would be divisible by 4 and therefore it would die evenly to residual damage.
  • Considered Changes: None, really. How can you make this Pokemon any better?

Spr_5b_598.png

Nattorei @ Leftovers
  • Iron Barbs
  • 252 HP | 72 Atk | 44 Def | 140 SpDef *0 Spd IVs
  • Sassy Nature [+Special Defense, -Speed]
  • Moveset:
    • Spikes: Sweeping Pokemon love Spikes. So do smart offensive players! These spikes deal anywhere between 12 and 25% of an incoming landbound Pokemon's health, turning many 2HKOs into OHKOs if Nattorei gets room to get them down.
    • Gyro Ball: This move is mainly for dealing with fragile, fast Pokemon, or Pokemon who try to set up on Nattorei such as Ononokosu. Very strong against Dragon Dancers.
    • Power Whip: The main purpose of Nattorei is to use its fantastic typing to **** all over the bulky-water-with-ice-move clique that's formed in every single team (almost) since the advent of Advance generation. Power Whip, combined with Nattorei's respectable attack, allows it to threaten KOs as well as wall.
    • Leech Seed: Further punishing setup Pokemon, Leech Seed makes Nattorei even harder to kill, weakens walls and setup sweepers alike, and helps Gorebyss set up Baton Pass even more effortlessly.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    In the 5th gen metagame, hyper offense is everywhere. Those teams seek to take advantage of our need to switch in order to start sweeping by never giving us the breathing room to get our sweepers in for free like a stall or balance team would. If we have no devices to shut down their momentum, then we won't be able to gain our own momentum and set up the sweep. Nattorei's a pretty popular spiker, and with good reason, as it completely and totally shuts down Water offense as the competitive community knows it. While it's at it, our Nattorei will lay down Spikes and force switches with Leech Seed, and also take out certain threats that are convinced they have the KO, thanks to our unique EV spread.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 HP allows for maximum overall bulk.
    • 72 Atk allows a 2HKO offensive +1 Ononokosu with Gyro Ball and Burungeru with Power Whip (usually).
    • 160 SpDef with Sassy, allows Nattorei to survive LOGar's HP [Fire] and Focus Blast.
    • 44 Def are the leftover EVs put here to allow Nattorei to stand up to more physical moves.
  • Considered Changes: Thunder Wave is always an attractive option, but without Gyro Ball, we're very SubGar (or Gar in general) weak.

Spr_5b_481.png

Mesprit @ Light Clay
  • Levitate
  • 208 HP | 48 Def | 56 SpAtk | 196 Spd
  • Bold Nature [+Defense, -Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Psychic: This STAB move hits Roobushin most effectively, always scoring the 2HKO on all spreads. This is chosen over the ever-popular Psycho Shock because it hits Roobushin harder, which is the main nuisance we carry Psychic for.
    • Light Screen: The first screen. It reduces special damage, allowing us to set up better in the face of Special attacks.
    • Healing Wish/Ice Beam: Healing Wish vs Ice Beam is a matter of preference: another layer of defense against Dragons, or another chance for one of your sweepers to rejoin the fight and make all the difference. It depends on the style/preference of the player.
    • Reflect: The second screen allows us to not take as much physical damage, making physical attacks virtually ineffective against Mesprit with its spread and typing, to say nothing of Nattorei.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    When it comes down to Dual Screens with STAB Psychic, it's between Mesprit and Cress for this slot. Jirachi lacks the Fighting resistance we need to make getting this in after Heatran rocks, and Rankurusu is too slow. Mesprit is not seen as setup bait, and generally forces people into a more defensive stance, which allows us to set up while they go to a wall to try and block attack moves that would devastate what they have in, giving us a greater swing in offensive tempo. In addition, Mesprit is better than Cresselia at keeping Roopushin, a potent metagame threat, in check.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 56 SpAtk is the number we chose, as it will always 2HKO Roobushin, even with two turns of leftovers recovery and no hazards down. That is Psychic's main purpose, so we might as well make damn sure it works.
    • 196 Spd lets Mesprit outspeed all Tyranitar and base 60 Pokemon that are not scarfed, which means we can get up screens before they hit us, a very helpful property.
    • 208 HP, 48 Def and the Bold Nature give Mesprit more physical bulk than special, which is not strictly for any particular situation, but it fits the Pokemon's overall physical defense build.
  • Considered Changes: Healing Wish/Ice Beam is a pretty big split. It depends on playstyle and particular preference. Other than that, this Pokemon is pretty set. You could use Rankurusu for more bulk and power but less speed, if Tyranitar is not a concern, or Cresselia, for setting up at risk of being Taunted or set up on.

Spr_5b_368.png

Gorebyss @ White Herb
  • Swift Swim
  • 252 HP | 24 SpAtk | 232 Spd
  • Timid Nature [+Speed, -Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Surf: STAB moves that will punish any Fire or Ground types that are in. Although it likely won't be used very often, the threat of a super-strong STAB water move actually needs to be backed up with the move itself.
    • Shell Smash: This is the team's setup move. Without this, the entire team's odds of success goes way down. +2 Speed and attack stats turn anything into a strong sweeper, and Salamence with this boost will devastate.
    • Baton Pass: Obviously, Shell Smash doesn't do anything for Salamence or Electivire without Baton Pass. Necessary to get the boosts from one Pokemon to another.
    • Hidden Power [Electric]: To round out Gorebyss' moveset, we gave it Hidden Power Electric. Certain bulky waters (ESPECIALLY Gyarados) coming in on Gorebyss can shut down a sweep pretty badly no matter which we pass to. Giving Gorebyss HP Elec and Surf generally allows it to punish these Pokemon at +2.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Smeargle, Gorebyss and Huntail are the only Pokemon that can Baton Pass Shell Smash. Huntail sucks ***. Therefore, we should use Gorebyss, unless Smearglepassing suddenly became a good idea without us realizing it. Essentially, this was the Pokemon the team was built around as a method of instantly (okay not "instantly", but you get the idea) boosting the power of otherwise strong sweepers to levels normally not possible within the time frame safely.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 HP maximizes overall bulk -- a staple investment for any dedicated Baton Passer, allowing more boosts to get set up if the opponent doesn't realize what we're doing (or even if they do).
    • 232 Spd and the Timid nature give Gorebyss enough speed after a Shell Smash to outspeed Scarfed base 80s, which is about as good as it gets for Gorebyss outside of rain.
    • 24 SpAtk are the leftover EVs to help Surf and HP Elec do *slightly* more damage.
  • Considered Changes: None, really. It doesn't get any better coverage that the rest of the team doesn't do far better, and it shouldn't be attacking in optimal conditions anyways, it's focus is on support.

Spr_5b_466.png

Electivire @ Expert Belt
  • Motor Drive
  • 204 Atk | 72 SpAtk | 232 Spd
  • Naive Nature [+Speed, -Special Defense]
    [*]Moveset:
    • Wild bolt: A Physical STAB move for Electivire that rivals Thunderbolt in power! This is the key to Electivire's sweeps, as it can finally utilize its great Attack stat with its main damage-dealer.
    • Flamethrower: Flamethrower is still preferred over Fire Punch, as most Steel types have superior Defense to Special Defense. Cracks open the average Steel type like a nut, and also roughs up most Grass types.
    • Ice Punch: Smashes almost every dragon in existence outright. Wild Bolt and Cross Chop take care of those who could survive Ice Punch. Ice Punch with the boosts also goes through most Ground types, max/max Hippowdon possibly not included.
    • Cross Chop: Mainly to OHKO Blissey and Heatran, who love to be played together. If you're playing in Ubers and want to hit Dialga with it, go right ahead. Other than that, stay away from crap accuracy.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    In Generation 4, Electivire was a subpar sweeper who became overhyped based on its large super effective movepool. The problem was it lacked the attacks for its physical pool to have a large impact and it lacked the raw special stat for its special movepool to be very terrifying. With the advent of Wild Bolt, Electivire no longer needs to go totally mixed for optimal attack power. Ice Punch is also more advantageous with this set due to the attack boost still KOing Gliscor and Salamence. It absorbs Electric attacks that are fired at Gorebyss, effectively getting +2/+2/+3 from the pass. The combination of the pass and Wild Bolt allows Electivire to make use of its truly impressive type coverage far better than in the last generation.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 232 Speed with Naive Nature, all Pokemon less than base 94 max speed are outsped. We COULD run max, but maximizing attack is pretty necessary on Electivire, who doesn't have any setup potential outside of the pass. Naive is used instead of Hasty to lessen the potential damage from moves like Mach Punch, if only slightly.
    • 72 SpAtk means that at +2, all Jirachi are OHKO'd by Flamethrower, this means Celebi, Shaymin, and any other 100/100 or less Pokemon weak to Fire are also OHKOd.
    • 204 Atk the rest of the EVs boost its main STAB move and Ice Punch, the two moves most likely to be survived, thanks to Ground types having pretty fantastic defense most of the time.
  • Considered Changes: Thunderbolt is still better for killing bulky Gyarados, but overall power is far less. The only thing we could use is POSSIBLY Hidden Power [Ice] to hit Hippowdon for the OHKO, but then Latias might survive it. It's give and take and all up to the player.

Spr_5b_373.png

Salamence @ Life Orb
  • Intimidate
  • 120 HP | 52 Atk | 176 SpAtk | 160 Spd
  • Naive Nature [+Speed, -Special Defense]
  • Moveset:
    • Draco Meteor: Best move in the game period. Always has STAB (unless it's on Jirachi haha), always deals a metric ****ton of damage. Nothing before has really bothered trying to use it at +2. Now that we are, we don't want it any other way than practically guaranteed OHKOs. Which is what this move does.
    • Outrage: Once the steel types are out of the way (they aren't too hard to predict), turn on the easy mode button and sweep everything in the game. +2 Outrage is GG, unless they're hiding Ice Shard.
    • Earthquake: Coverage move #1. It's very strong on its own at +2, so much so that I typically ignore Outrage and just spam it on things that want to get me to Outrage or Draco Meteor, scoring tons of KOs.
    • Fire Blast: Coverage Move #2. Literally only for Skarmory and Bronzong, at this point. Almost never sees use, except to hit a flying thing I don't want to Draco Meteor, or one of those two Pokemon.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Salamence is still by far the most effective Dragon at scoring knockouts still, due to it having the best mix of speed and attacks/attack power out of all Dragons. That, plus Intimidate, led to us using this Salamence on our team With +2 Attack and +2 Special Attack, literally nothing can stand in the way of this Pokemon. Add in +2 speed, and only priority can even hit it. Nothing but Ice Shard can KO Salamence once it gets going, and we will not pass to Mence if we see an Ice Sharder in team previewer (unless we have already removed it by the time we pass, that is -- people are sometimes reckless with their use of Donphan and Mamoswine).
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 160 Spd and the Naive nature allows us to outspeed all base 91 or lower Pokemon, and outspeed all Scarfers once boosted with Shell Smash.
    • 176 SpAtk means 252/0 Skarmory is sometimes actually OHKO'd by Draco Meteor at +2 with this SpAtk. It also allows +2 Fire Blast to OHKO all non-Heatproof Bronzong.
    • 120 HP hits a Life Orb number around 330, which is where Salamence's HP is most optimally spent.
    • 52 Atk are the Leftover EVs. At +2, Salamence really doesn't NEED any investment to OHKO everything in the world, but over-investing in HP didn't seem like a good idea.
  • Considered Changes: If anyone in Firebot could hook us up with a NEVERMISS KO BOT TM, that'd be sweet. Otherwise, nothing can make this better.

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Hey, I'd like to thank you for posting this well thought out, and seemingly successful team. As many may know, these kind of RMTs are rather rare here on Serebii, so it's nice to see someone take the time to actually make the RMT section look a fair bit more competent. This also means that I believe you deserve a better rate than "lol gorebyss and electivire..."

Anyways, like a lot of people, I haven't been very active within the 5th gen metagame so far, so I don't think I'm really qualified to rate this team as of yet. What I'm asking is if you would mind me testing it out for a while? This would let me see the in's and out's of the team, glaring weaknesses, and things that the team does well together, allowing me to give a lot better rate.

This is for Wifi right? I'm assuming its not Dream World.

Some of your EV spreads seem a little.. weird.

On Nattorei the attack EVs are pointless. You already do 55% - 65.3% to max/max bold Nattorei and 57.3% - 67.6% to max speed Ononokusu WITHOUT Attack EVs (unless I did the math wrong). I would just put them in defense. Since you're playing Wifi and Nattoreii can stick around longer (No Shanderaa to force you to run Shed Shell) try running Spikes / Leech Seed / Thunder Wave / Power Whip. You don't get to 2HKO Ononokusu, though you can just Thunder Wave it and switch to Salamence or Heatran to take the obvious Earthquake.

Don't run Magma Storm.. You aren't going to "surprise" any competent player with it. What are you going to trap? Heatran don't even have Explosion to hurt Blissey or Chansey with (Chaney takes just 30.8% - 36.4%). Balloon can function as a check to Doryuuzu and with a 30% flinch rate and 30% miss rate you're really pushing your luck against it.

Max HP on Mespirit. You gain a fraction of a percent more defense with your spread but you lose a decent chunk of Special Defense. I'm too lazy to do any calculations to show what you lose but you're definitely wasting EVs. Any reason you're not running Uxie? Its faster, has much better defenses and can use Memento to save yourself from a random sweeper or virtually guarantee a Shell Break pass without spending two turns setting up screens. If you are keeping Mespirit put the Special Attack EVs into HP / defenses. Unless you can find some OHKO they get that actually matters.

Put Gorebyss's Special Attack EVs in Special Defense. It gives you a full 2% more Special bulk which probably will help more than 1.3% more Special Attack. Your choice here though.

Jirachi is actually guaranteed to survive a +2 Electivire Flamethrower if it runs max HP, same with Celebi etc. Not a big deal though lol. But on topic of Electivire, he sucks. Even more now then ever. Getting a 20% more powerful STAB move isn't going to get around the fact that he can't hurt anything enough to sweep. You mentioned OHKOing Blissey and Heatran, but neither take more then about 70-80 and you actually 3HKO Chansey (about half the time). Look into running something else. Possibly mixed electro-genie (Thunderbolt or Volt Change / HP Ice or Fire / Hammer Arm / Grass Knot. Hes faster, more bulky and hits harder. The only downside is a second Stealth Rock weakness sucks as does him sharing an Ice weakness with Salamence.

If HP EVs are for bulk on Salamence its fine, but Life Orb numbers are worthless. You will never get 10 attacks in a row without SR, sand or attack damage without completely sweeping a team. If you're passing Shell Break to Salamence look into Dragon Claw over Outage. Your two STAB moves are pretty crappy at sweeping but I guess the damage potential is so great it might not matter. Look into Flamethrower, as at +2 its going to OHKO all of its targets anyway. But Flamethrower doesn't miss!

As for direct weaknesses not too many.

Urugamosu is a huge one. If it gets a single Butterfly Dance it can OHKO every single Pokemon on your team. Even Salamence is downed in one shot after Stealth Rocks.

You're a bit Doryuuzu weak. You have only a 62% chance of beating it with Heatran if your Balloon is intact and you switch in on Swords Dance or Earthquake. Salamence is able to take a Rock Slide at -1 from Balloon Dorry, but dies at +1. Mespirit is 2HKOed after rocks about 40% of the time.

Blaziken OHKOs your whole team with +2 High Jump Kick. If it doesn't spend a turn Swords Dancing it can probably wipe you out with a LO set with Stone Edge.

Rankurusu beats you unless Gorebyss is at full health or behind a Light Screen, and even then you may have trouble. +1 LO Bold 0 Sp Attack Psychic OHKOs Salamence and Electivire and Focus Blast OHKOs Nattorei (100% minimum). Without Shell Break Salamence and Electivire both fail to 2HKO. Gorebyss is 2HKOed from behind Light Screen after a Calm Mind (OHKOed without one) so you get one shot at taking it down.

If Cloyster gets a Shell Break everything, even Nattorei is OHKOed. A suicide switch of Salamence will let Natt live though.

Landlos (earth genie) will do a lot of damage as it OHKOs all your Pokemon after a Swords Dance. It easily 2HKOs and outruns everything before a dance.

Terrakion does the same thing. It can set up on a lot here as well, even shrugging off a Heatran Earth Power in the sandstorm (a 3HKO in some cases). Gorebyss is KOed by Close Combat + Quick Attack or by two Close Combats with Reflect up and Sandstorm / rocks.

I'm not sure how you can fix these problems without rebuilding the team. Rock Polish Genosekuto can be used over Electivire as a good pass recipient who can 2HKO Rankurusu after a Calm Mind. If its bulky enough it will take some hits from Cloyster as well.

If you drop Mespirit for a Scarf Garchomp a ton of the random things that beat you you can at least revenge kill.

Ditto123

~Word~
yea evs r wierd
but other than that i rlly cant change anything besides what previous posters said