1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

All That Glitters Is Not Golden! (449)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

All That Glitters Is Not Golden!

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & co. find an unusual Pokémon inside a forest, a golden Sudowoodo which quickly runs away. When they reach the next town they tell the townsfolk of this Sudowoodo, they decide to go find it. However Team Rocket also have their eyes on this Golden Pokémon. Will Ash & Co. be able to save it from Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. TheTurquoiseTauros!

TheTurquoiseTauros! This is bull crap!!!

sorry serebii but that link doesnt work!
    i wonder if someone catches it!

3. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Of course the link doesn't work. There's no episode guide for it yet!

4. Silent Conversation

Silent Conversation Formerly SinnohChamp

Sounds like a cool episode. The golden Sudowoodo is probably like the Crystal Onix since I don't think a shiny Sudowoodo is gold.

5. So did the wild rumors come true? Did Bonsly evolve into a Sudowoodo? Did Ash capture the golden Sudowoodo?

6. Judai Yuki

Judai Yuki Banned

Thats probably sarcasm but i'll just say no.

7. Dreamcoat

Dreamcoat Well-Known Member

As far as I remember it already had a trainer.

8. Wow the Speculation thread for this episode was awfully quiet >_>; The new ending for this episode seems to be more popular than the episode itself XP

Though it will most likely be a rehash of the Crystal Onix episode :O

9. Serebii

Did you guys forget the rules for Episode Discussion threads? Do not post unless you have seen the ep, pics or read a guide. And don't post asking what happened

10. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

This episode was DEAD before it got out of the water. Poor Sudowoodo.

Now make like a tree and DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. OF PAIN.

11. skarmachild

skarmachild Cheer up.

I take it you didn't like it then?

12. Opal Pikachu13

Opal Pikachu13 Well-Known Member

This episode was okay, it wasn't the best that I've seen though. The Gold Sudowoodo ended up being a original colored Sudowoodo after its trainer used some machine on it, people trying to capture it when it was gold colored, and Team Rocket trying to capture it but failing as usual. Wasn't that interesting. Next episode's going to be better though.

13. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

It's only with best interests at heart that I say that. Sudowoodo has never been high on the 'preferred' scale in the anime. Looking at what they could have provided for it instead, this is definitely on the low end.

The hyper surrounding the Ranger special, the 10th Anniversary special, and the recently released May ending effectively shoved this episode to the back burner. Can't we just put it out of its misery?

14. Serebii

Did have a couple of good Comic bits, such as when the CotD's Pokéball beam hits Jessie...

15. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Also, a Zelda joke. Jessie dreams that throwing in a normal Sudowoodo in a lake, a fairy (who looks like Jessie) will give you a golden one, like in Zelda!

This episode looks pretty good judging by the pictures.

16. Metal Force

Metal Force o^_^o PWNZOME

Hmm from normal to gold & at the end it returns normal again! nice episode though.

17. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

Not much to right home about. While it was funny the plot was meh. A basic filler.

18. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

I saw Onix in a picture of this episode. Was it Brock's? Like, was he referinng to his?

Also, Sudowoodo running into that bar from TR, dancing around, and then realizing all those cowboys who wanna catch it are their, and then they chase it out of the bar. Lol.

19. Meowth's Gio fantasy of the day reminded me of the King Midas story with everything gold...Meowth really is desperate, isn't he?XD

What was the kid doing with his Sudowoodo anyway? I'm guessing he's some sort of inventor and used Sudowoodo as his lab rat. No wonder Sudowoodo ran away from him then, if that was the case!:p That poor tree...

20. .Bambi.

.Bambi. Be Wise, Tell Lies.

I don't know why, but I really love this episode.
    Of course, I've only seen pictures, it but looks pretty awesome to me. Maybe it's Sudowoodo. I don't know, but seeing this episode makes me really love Sudowoodo again. Feck that thing is awesome...and cute too.

I love that Ash only tries to catch a Pokemon when he can't. It's frikken hilarious >.>
    How Sudowoodo merely punched the Pokeball back and it hit Ash in the face was priceless.

The Gold Sudowoodo itself was a great idea. I'm not quite sure, but didn't Mr. CotD use the goldening machine so his Sudowoodo could repel water? Because he was in a lake and wasn't freaking out.
    Speaking of gold plating though, that Team Rocket Dream was messed. I mean honestly, wouldn't a gold robe get heavy? How about some comfy gold bed sheets to crush you into sleep paralysis? 8D

Overall, the episode may not have had anything too special to it, but that Gold Sudowoodo looked damn good. And what's with the randomness of Brock mentioning Onix? Curious that they're returning to Pewter in just a few episode, neh? ;O