• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All That Glitters Is Not Golden! (449)

JazzJazz

EspeonShock said:
So... the Suduwoodo is obviously a shiny, right. Brock's Bonsly obviously interacts with it?

It's been said that sudowoodo is not a "proper" shiny, it seems it was involved in some experiment that went wrong and made it a golden colour... but, by the end of the episode, it reverts to the colours of a normal sudowoodo.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Eh, what the terribly hackneyed plot left to be desired was pretty much made up for by Usokki's hilarious antics. Frantically flailing about through the forest, stumbling into the bar, and such.

And Kinya's hair kept reminding me of Ichiko from the ninja school episode.

Last edited:

Geodude

Alopec said:
I actually felt kind of bad for the CotD, though I didn't really understand what he was trying to do with that machine. o_O
I think what happened was he was trying to give it resistance to water, although I'm not sure exactly why. He was successful, but the process also gave it that golden sheen. Sudowoodo noticed it right away, got really upset, and ran away. Kinya felt really bad about it and figured out how to reverse the process, and was trying to get Sudowoodo back when Ash and the gang showed up.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gold doesn't rust so it would make an effetive shield against water (and radio waves too.)

Andromache

Cat and Snake lover
Okay, off topic, but with the Mudkip thing, yes, I assume it was nearly an adult, but I think Brock did make some comment that the Mudkip was big, so perhaps the Mudkip was bigger than the average Mudkip of similar age, rather than simply comparing it to babies, which would obviously be smaller.

Magical Leaf

Kore wa nani mo imi shinai
Not really that bad an episode, I did like James' reaction to Jessie suggesting he throw Manene into the lake.
I did notice one little animation error though, when the gang first enter Kinya's house, for a split second you see the golden Sudowoodo enter with them. Anybody else spot that? I was seriously WTFing and rewatching several times to make sure.

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
Coolest was Sudowoodo...

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. The gold Sudowoodo was cool. Jessie's fantasy with making Sudowoodo gold was kinda funny. Jessie wanting to use Mime Jr was hilarious as well as Meowth's and Sudowoodo's conversation. It was weird when Kenan tried to return Sudowoodo but hit Jessie instead. I felt bad for how Sudowoodo first became gold. The TR mecha, I have to admit, was really cool.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
HEY! Keenan was Rudy (the OI Gym Leader!)!!!

OMG! I knew I heard his voice before!

Anyway, this was a nice filler episode. Very nice animation and I think this was one of the few times a human experimented on a Pokemon in the anime, right?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Kenan? Seems PUSA is starting to make their dub names more similar to the Japanese names like 4Kids did (He was Kinya in the original). During the first half of the season, the dub names had no relation whatsoever to their original ones (Brianna, Jeremy, etc.). Ever since the Scizor episode, though, they've either kept the names as is or kept them similar.

What kind of song was Battle Frontier Ballad replaced with, anyways? (In spite of the overwhelming odds, I'm going to take the chance and assume it was replaced.)

(I'm going to be gone when this episode airs here, but here's the same opinion that I had 7 months ago - Standard filler saved by superb animation.)

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
wasn't really that bad.

Kuroshi

What kind of song was Battle Frontier Ballad replaced with, anyways? (In spite of the overwhelming odds, I'm going to take the chance and assume it was replaced.)

It was replaced with generic filler music.

Overall, I found this episode to be pretty standerd, Sudowoodo and Team Rocket were the best things in the episode.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Anyway, this was a nice filler episode. Very nice animation and I think this was one of the few times a human experimented on a Pokemon in the anime, right?

Does Jenina from Olivine City smearing polish on her Onyx count as experimentation?

To me, Kenan sounded like Duke from yu-gi-oh. Wasn't that the voice of one of the Johto gym leaders, or am I really thinking of Rudy like Kojiro pointed out?

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Does Jenina from Olivine City smearing polish on her Onyx count as experimentation?

To me, Kenan sounded like Duke from yu-gi-oh. Wasn't that the voice of one of the Johto gym leaders, or am I really thinking of Rudy like Kojiro pointed out?
I didnt think so. I thought he sounded like your typical cowboy-accented guy.

Not a bad eppy. I did find the boss fantasy to be truly funny, but the best would be Jessie's, so much ego involved. The part of randomly walking into into a pub was pretty funny. The town had a very western look to it, despite being in the middle of a forest.

~C_L~

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...

You know, I was thinking about Kenan's voice as well. His voice sounded familiar from the 1st and 2nd season of Pokemon. He did remind me of Rudy and as well the one with the Jolteon with the Eevee battling brothers.

The episode was good, I liked it. I like the whole Western thing that was going on. Got me doing some Western voices after hearing that.

I busted out laughing of Jesse's fantasy of her Golden Sudowoodo, and the guardian or something from the lake is exactly like her.

But overall good eppie, and time to watch the next one.

Medea

Excalibur
This was an okay episode. This made me realize a couple of things here...

1.) I think Jessie is on some kind of high. Don't know what exactly, but she's on something.
2.) Keenan is a cuttie!
3.) Those shiny hunters...I could have sworn I saw some on AMW *shot*

And that's all I can really say, it was just a filler to me.