• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All That Glitters Is Not Golden! (449)

Littlemyuu

Golden Sudowoodoo looks so cool =D and its cute too =3

danparker

I enjoyed this episode when I saw it in english.

I did find the golden Sudowoodo to be interesting, even though I can somehow guess that it feels painful. The animators did a nice job of animating it.

Another thing is man, those men were crazy over the golden Sudowoodo.

And also, I now know what happens when a human gets hit by a Pokeball's tractor beam. I wish it would happen more often.

The one thing about it in my opinion is the mecha Team Rocket uses in this episode. Let's see, it is a robot with it's body composed with two pots. And the one thing I find funny about it is that is shouts "bonsai!" randomly. And also, calling it a "Boy" and Team rocket saying it's part of their "Family". One other thing I would like to suggest for it, is that it screams when it is destroyed.

Vernikova

Champion
A golden Sudowoodo. What an interesting Pokemon.

NPT

Just a member
It's cool to see a golden Sudowoodo in this episode.
All Those men(Including Team Rocket) were crazy over that Sudowoodo and wanted to capture it, I'm glad Keenan turned it back to normal.

Last edited:
Turning your Pokemon gold. What a way to mess up an experiment to make it not hate water.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I screamed when Ash tried to catch Sudowoodo, only for the Poke Ball to be deflected back at him. I also liked that May learned about the next Contest's location as well as seeing Meowth imagining Giovanni with a golden bath robe. I cackled at Meowth's Sudowoodo disguise as well as when Jessie snatched the golden Sudowoodo in a simple net.

JudySpell

Banned
So the kid's Sudowoodo was golden due to an experiment but that was the only interesting thing about it. The rest of the plot just didn't that work well. 5.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ha ha Ash trying to catch the gold Sudowoodo and having his Poke ball hit him back was funny and so was Meowth's Sudowoodo outfit. I liked when Bonsly interacted with the Sudowoodo as well. :3

This sounds weird, but when I saw the first image of the gold Sudowoodo from here, I thought it was Brock's Bonsly that had evolved in this episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The golden Sudowoodo looked great and the whole Western theme here was alright too, what with Sudowoodo walking into the old fashioned saloon like that and getting chased lol.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Any episode revolving around Sudowoodo are always bond to be fun and this one was no exception. I didn't think the COTD was great, but he was good enough for such a slapstick comedy episode.

ZilverLox

Banned
Loved the wackiness of this BF filler, especially the Team Rocket trio scenes. But when I saw the episode pictures back in 2006, I thought that the golden Sudowoodo was gonna be Brock's since I thought his Bonsly had evolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought that Satoshi's attempt to capture the Usokkie in the beginning of the episode was strange, because it seemed unlike him. Kinya accidentally turning Usokkie golden as part of an experiment to make it resistant to Water-type attacks was intriguing, and Musashi diving into the pond with scuba gear made me laugh. It was a nice bonus that Haruka got info on the next Contest.

Daizy

I call you honey
Sudowoodo was oddly cute. I loved how it ran from all those cowboy guys. Team Rocket was funny as well, especially when their bonsai-shaped mecha transformed.

Evarenun

This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Golden Sudowoodoo for the 1st time. I'm glad its trainer made things right, and changed it back to a regular-looking Sudowoodo. TR's Boss fantasy was very bizarre in this episode.

The golden Sudowoodo was cool and Keenan is hot but other than that the episode was boring. Love the Shakespeare reference