• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All That Matters (Amourshipping one-shot)

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
A/N: So I'm finally done. Man, this took a while to finish but I'm happy to say that I'm finally done. This is going to be rated PG and it contains Amourshipping so if you don't like this pairing or whatever, you might not want to read this. Sorry it's so short.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy and please do let me know what you think.

---

This was it, Serena concluded. The end of her journey through Kalos was nearing and soon, she would be parting ways with three of the best friends she had ever had in her life.

And she was not ready for that at all.

She just couldn't believe it was already here. Ash competed in the Kalos
league and lost. Now he was heading home. He was going to leave the Kalos region and head back to his own region. Just the thought of him leaving was too much for her to handle.

While she was grateful to have gotten the chance to meet up with her childhood acquaintance again and to get the chance to travel with him, she didn't want this day to come. Ever.

It was late at night and everyone was asleep, everyone that is except Serena. She was sitting outside on the balcony of the room she shared with Ash inside the Pokemon Center with Fennekin. She just could not seem to sleep, not when she knew what was going to happen.

She honestly had such a great time traveling with her friends and she had Ash to thank for that. If she never saw him on the TV that one day, she never would have left home and she never would have become a Pokemon Trainer. She never would have become such good friends with her Fennekin. And she never would have had so many exciting adventures during her journey.

Truth be told, she developed some feelings for Ash during her journey. She always felt something for him ever since she first met him at Professor Oak's Summer Camp when they were kids and she ended up getting injured. She didn't know if anyone would find her and help her but Ash did and he brought her back to the camp. Ever since that day, she developed a crush on him. Then when the camp ended and she was worried she may never see him again.

Then that day came where she saw him on her TV when he was in Lumiose City and he tried to help that Garchomp. She recognized him right off the bat and the following day, she left home to try and meet up with him.

The only people who knew of her feelings for Ash were Bonnie and Clemont. She could never tell Ash, what would he say? What would he do? Just the thought of that was terrifying for Serena and she didn't know what she would do if Ash found out about her feelings for him.

Both Bonnie and Clemont assured her that Ash would always be her friend, no matter what but she was still terrified.

Ash is so focused on his dream of someday becoming the world's greatest Pokemon Master, the last thing he would ever think about is getting a girlfriend. Heck, she was sure that the word 'love' was not his dictionary.
So Serena opted to keep her feelings for him a secret. The last thing he needed was to be distracted by her feelings.

The door to the balcony opened. "Can't sleep, huh?" Ash asked.

Serena nodded, "Yep. I tried but I just could not seem to fall asleep at all.”

She turned around to see Ash standing in the doorway, rubbing his tired eyes. He was dressed in his pajama's and his loyal partner, Pikachu, was perched on his shoulder.

“I know how that feels, trust me.” Ash said, looking at her. “So is it alright with you if Pikachu and I join you?”

Serena smiled and nodded, blushing. “Of course, I don't mind at all.”
Ash walked over and took a seat next to her on the other chair. Pikachu jumped off his shoulder and laid on his lap.

There was an awkward silence between the two, neither of them had any idea of what to say. Ultimately, Ash wasthe one who spoke up first. “So, what are you planning to do now, Serena?”

Serena looked down at the ground. She really did not know what she planned to do now that their journey through Kalos is over. She didn't have a goal that she was aiming to achieve, the only reason why she even started her journey was sitting right next to her. She didn't know what she was going to do now.

But the question is, how is she supposed to tell Ash that?

Well, she might as well just come out and say it. After all,what's the worst that could happen? “The thing is, I don't know.”

“What do you mean by that?” Ash asked, curious to know what she was saying.

“I don't have a goal or anything.” Serena said, sadly. “You, Clemont, and even Bonnie, you all have something you want to achieve more then anything. I don't.”

“Well, there must be a reason why you started your journey.”

There is, Serena thought to herself. And he's sitting right next to me. He is the reason why she started jer journey, how exactly is she supposed to tell him that though? He'd prorbably think she was crazy if he found out.

“I thought that by leaving home and starting a journey, I would find something out there.”

“But you didn't?”

Serena said nothing but nodded her head, sadly. “And now, Clemont and Bonnie are leaivng to head back to Lumiose City, both you and Pikachu are going to another region to try and achieve your dream. But I still have no idea what is it that I want to do with my life.”

She seems so sad. Ash looked at her. He always hated to see his friends sad but he just could not stand the thought of Serena being sad. He knew that he had to do something to cheer her up but the question is what?

His face lit up like a Christmas tree when an idea came to his head.

“Serena?” He said, excitement evident in his voice.

Serena picked her head up to look at him. “Yeah?”

“How would you like to come with me and Pikachu?”

What Ash just said kept repeating in her head. Go with him? While the thought was very inviting, she just didn't know. She really did not want to intrude.

“Are you sure you really want me there, Ash?”

“Of course, Pikachu doesn't mind.” Ash said and turned to look at the electric mouse Pokemon sitting on his lap. “Isn't that right, buddy?”

“Pika!” Pikachu exclaimed, excitedly.

“See?” Ash said, turning his attention back to her. “And I don't either.”

“But I really don't want to intrude, Ash.”

“Don't be silly, Serena. You wouldn't be intruding at all, Pikachu and I would be more then happy to have you and Fennekin join us.” Ash said, the smile evident in his voice. “So what do you say?”

Serena smiled and nodded her head. “Sure, I'd love to. Thanks, Ash.”

“Don't mention it.”

The two sat on the balcony for a few more minutes before deciding to head back to bed. The next morning, Ash and Serena made their way to the Lumiose City docks with Clemont and Bonnie and the four shared an emotional goodbye before Ash and Serena boared a flightback to Kanto.

Sure, it was tough to say goodbye to Clemont and Bonnie but at least Ash was still by her side.

And that was all that mattered to Serena.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Great story! I can see this becoming an episode in the future TBH. Not a single spelling or grammar error.

Though there is one part there that had lack of reason. It's this:

“How would you like to come with me and Pikachu?”

What Ash just said kept repeating in her head. Go with him? While the thought was very inviting, she just didn't know. She really did not want to intrude.

“Are you sure you really want me there, Ash?”

“Of course, Pikachu doesn't mind.” Ash said and turned to look at the electric mouse Pokemon sitting on his lap. “Isn't that right, buddy?”

“Pika!” Pikachu exclaimed, excitedly.

“See?” Ash said, turning his attention back to her. “And I don't either.”

“But I really don't want to intrude, Ash.”

“Don't be silly, Serena. You wouldn't be intruding at all, Pikachu and I would be more then happy to have you and Fennekin join us.” Ash said, the smile evident in his voice. “So what do you say?”

Serena smiled and nodded her head. “Sure, I'd love to. Thanks, Ash."

That part, Satoshi didn't say what would be the reason he wants Serena to keep traveling with him. When I started to read that part, I thought Satoshi was going to say something like "If you come with us, maybe you would find a goal yourself." And then the narration would be like "Unbeknownst to him, Serena already has a goal, and that's him."

Other than that, great story. I hope for more episode-like one-shots :).