• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All the buzz about remakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
So there's obviously a lot of buzz about G/S/C and a possible/desired remake.

Anyway, this thread isn't really about all that jazz. If they made a remake, what would you to see? Would you want a strict remake or a kinda FR/LG sorta deal?

Personally I would like a sequal instead of a remake. I want to explore Johto with a bit more freshness, new pkm and such, but still those key elements that made G/S/C da bomb.

FastTonyDeNiro

I'd like to see them expand more on Johto, like you said. Maybe even leave out Kanto in the remake, and just expand Johto a ton.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I love jotho...A remake or expansion.. i just dont want contest in jotho!!!

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'm pretty sure threads like these are banned. I think it'll be closed soon. But I would like a remake.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
This thread is not about a remake and one's desire for it. It's more based on the issue of what you would like to see done in a possible remake.

FEEPtheFlareon

Crazy but not insane
I think they could expand like they did in FR/LG. Put some more islands somewhere. I haven't played it in so long that I've forgotten what the map looks like.

Ahh, so nostalgic to look at that map again, after 12 hours of not playing.
xD

Anywho, a remake would be nice, but since we've already got FR/LG, would they replace Kanto? That and they could probably extent Johto itself. Looking at the..."beautiful" map, there's room for more stuff.

As for replacing Kanto, another BF would be kinda...overused, boring, etc. Something new, but I can't think of anything at the moment that would be better. :/ Maybe a Contest Island or something? Like there's a whole Contest thing with a Grand Festival and everything. Haha, and that's coming from someone who fails at contests.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Contests would actually be a really creative idea, though. That could spice Johto up a bit, I think. Maybe on the long stretch from Violet to Azalea they could add another town around Union Cave, and maybe add to the TR storyline there. They could also add a subplot in the Whirl Islands.

Personally, I would like a thing where you could build your own Gym after becoming the Champion, and take on NPCs and friends over Wi-Fi at your Gym. You could buy items to decorate the Gym like you decorate your secret base, and you could recruit NPCs or friends to work in the gym with you in exchange for Pokemon/ribbons/items. ;210;

Blazing Charmander

In regard to the above posts, I think it'd be a great idea to flesh out aspects of Johto that were a little 'compressed' in the GB versions. I feel that, although things should be kept in the game, there is certainly room for improvement in a lot of cases.

Towns and cities could maybe contain a few more things to do. My main idea is Cianwood, where there is only a Gym, medicine shop and little else. To me that is a bit disappointing when you make so much effort to get to that secluded part of Johto. Maybe in this case, they could add a forest full of wild Pokemon.

Of course, potential remakes would also receive an upgrade in terms of the metagame and general gameplay (Pokemon moveset updates etc).

Concerning Kanto, I wouldn't mind it being kept in the game with the whole concept of changes over three years from RBY. However, with more cart memory I would like to think that Kanto could hold more purpose than just an opportunity for rebattling the original 8 gym leaders and creating nostalgia. There should be a variety of sidequests to complete there, which would make it feel like part of the main game.

For Johto in general, I think there should be a greater focus on it rather than giving the player an urge to rush to Kanto. Johto should be a unique region in its own right, and while it kind of achieved that in GSC, potential remakes should make sure of this by making the gameplay within it more complete.

Those are some of my ideas, and i'll post more if I can think of any.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I always felt dark and steel weren't as accessible as they should have been in gen 2. They were the brand new types and... where...are they?
The dark types were all pretty much after you beat the elite four. Dark types were found in kanto as well.
Sneasel was moved in crystal which was good, but houndour, murkrow, and eevee are all obtained in kanto. And Larvitar only after you have all 16 badges. It'd be great to get these guys earlier.
Then Steel, well 2 were by trade, 1 was version exclusive, it left magneton and fortress really. I'd eliminate skarmory being version exclusive and maybe make steelix and scizor found in the wild. Steelix is wild in gen 4, so not too strange.

That was kind of my big disappointment in gen 2, was trying to find pokemon of the 2 new types. That's something I'd like to see changed.

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
Having Johto expanded upon would be nice - more back story to the events with Team Rocket after Red/Blue/Yellow, and more done to Kanto. It felt a bit like it was half-finished. Unless they let you then travel to Hoenn, I'm fairly sure the events in Hoenn happen after those in G/S/C.

Oh, and out of personal preference, I'd like the graphics to be done in the style of Ranger 2, rather than those in D/P/Pt.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Hey everybody go to "Nintendo.com" and go to the "Contact us" section and ask them to remake Pokemon Gold and Silver! or go to "Pokemon.com" and on the "Mailbag" section ask for a Silver and Gold remake!!!,Come on! maybe if we get enough people to ask they will do it!!!

Don't get your hopes up. By 'Contact Us', they probably mean the website, which to my knowledge, has nothing to do with the actual Nintendo. Besides, I don't think Nintendo gives a damn about a handful of people who are whining to try and get them to make it.

I don't really see the point in a remake, since all the Johto Pokemon could be caught in the 3rd generation through the extended gen.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
The point is more to bring a sense of closure and nostagia to G/S/C. I mean those games were pretty awesome.

I really would like to see wild honey trees in Johto. The Whirl Islands can become so much more and oh man The towers! That would be cool.

"In my dreams, they'd actually make a remake with the story team from the pkm speacial series."

Dreams eh. =/

BCVM22

That would have been a terrible idea; it would have flooded the market even moreso than five core games in one generation did. Even a franchise like Pokémon has its limits.

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
The point is more to bring a sense of closure and nostagia to G/S/C. I mean those games were pretty awesome.
"Closure"? Um...what? Team Rocket was defeated once and for all, and other menial story-related things were easily accomplished...so...what kind of "closure" are you babbling about?

And if you want "nostalgia", play the old games on your GBC or GBA. Problem solved. No need for remakes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.