• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All the buzz about remakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

So 1991
This is wrong. The fact is that while the DSi has several hardware features that the DS/Lite does not, none of those features actually allow for better anything - they don't affect gameplay, graphics, or sound. The Game Boy Color could in fact do something graphically that the original Game Boy could not.

This is the fact of the matter. The Game Boy and Game Boy Color were different generations of hardware. The DS/Lite and DSi are not. You can argue if you like, but you're wasting your time.

The ability to play games in color does not equal a next gen system. If you take a look at gameboy vs gameboy color games the only difference in game play is the color graphics the graphics gameplay and sound you mentioned aren't improved by any significant amount. The only gameboy color games that were vastly superior to regular gameboy games are pokemon gold and silver and they are playable on the regular gameboy meaning that the improvements had nothing to do with the gameboy color hardware.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The ability to play games in color does not equal a next gen system. If you take a look at gameboy vs gameboy color games the only difference in game play is the color graphics the graphics gameplay and sound you mentioned aren't improved by any significant amount. The only gameboy color games that were vastly superior to regular gameboy games are pokemon gold and silver and they are playable on the regular gameboy meaning that the improvements had nothing to do with the gameboy color hardware.

What about all subsequent games made for the GameBoy Color? All of them are vastly superior graphically than anything the GB could output. Even G/S was, when you played it on a GB it was in ONE COLOR so you LOST graphic capability. I still don't see why you're arguing this...

The Red

Compared to the Gameboy, the Game Boy Colour also had twice as much speed, twice as much Video RAM, and four times as much RAM. Also, the Game Boy's battery life was about 35 hours, but required 4 AA batteries, whereas the Game Boy Color provided a little over 30 hours using only 2 AA batteries. Suffice to say that the gap between the two is big enough for them to be considered two different generations of handheld systems.

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
If I recall, when the Gameboy Color was released, it basically destroyed the competition due to its smaller size, battery life, graphics, speed, RAM, and most importantly, color.

It finalized Nintendo's place in the handheld market, and there was no competition until the PSP, which last I checked, isn't doing so well.

Yeah, it was a completely new generation.

The Red basically posted all I had to say, so I just posted the last part of the reply I had.

Zazie

So 1991
Compared to the Gameboy, the Game Boy Colour had twice as much speed, twice as much Video RAM, and four times as much RAM. Also, the Game Boy's battery life was about 35 hours, but required 4 AA batteries, whereas the Game Boy Color provided a little over 30 hours using only 2 AA batteries. Suffice to say that the gap between the two is big enough for them to be considered two different generations of handheld systems.

While the Gameboy Color was technically superior to the Gameboy the differences between the gameplay is not big enough to warrant calling it the next generation. An example of a next generation Handheld at the time would be the Neo Geo Pocket or The Wonder Swan both released around the same time of the gameboy color and had considerably superior hardware and battery life just as good as the gameboy. If the Gameboy Color was meant to be the next gen predessor to the gameboy Nintendo would have made it much more powerful than it was.

drifl00n

drifloon master
There have been rumors of a GSC remake, but who knows. I think it would be awesome. But i think they should make a game where you start out in kanto and go all the way to sinnoh. I know it would be alot of work and alot of time but i think it would be pretty cool

There have been rumors of a GSC remake, but who knows. I think it would be awesome. But i think they should make a game where you start out in kanto and go all the way to sinnoh. I know it would be alot of work and alot of time but i think it would be pretty cool

If you'd bothered to read any of the thread you will see countless other people have suggested this, and it has been shown how this is not going to happen. I think, in fact, someone suggests this on the previous page. Please read the thread!

drifl00n

drifloon master
Doesn't seem as if you know what "ignorant" means...

haha ok whatever dude. just cause you have been on these forums since 2006 doesnt mean people have to be rude and pick on the new people. thats what being ignorant it. just because i voiced my opinion and said "oh it would be cool if they came out with a game like that" i get hassled about it.

BCVM22

haha ok whatever dude. just cause you have been on these forums since 2006 doesnt mean people have to be rude and pick on the new people. thats what being ignorant it.

No, that still doesn't fit any noted definition of ignorant one might come across. If anything, you were being the ignorant one, for reasons explained below.

just because i voiced my opinion and said "oh it would be cool if they came out with a game like that" i get hassled about it.

See, it's not strictly because you voiced your opinion, though I do typically frown upon that myself. It's because you voiced an opinion that isn't really relevant to this thread - "All the buzz about remakes..." does not at all indicate that this is the place to post your amazing, awesome, super-unique (it's none of the above) idea regarding an all-region game - and despite that, the very same thing gets posted ad nauseum by geniuses like you throughout this thread and everywhere else on the board.

So, again, if anything, the ignorance goes to you, largely for posting an idea in the wrong place (not that there's a right place) despite no indicators that this was the proper despository for it.

Food for thought. You can go back to railing against the mean old veterans now if you like.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You really shouldn't encourage people to rally against veterans BCVM.

But seriously, the idea for an all region game is not in any way new. Do you really think you're the only person to have ever thought of it?

The idea was nice at first, but now it's getting annoying.

Oh, and a tip for a new user. Spell correctly and use proper grammar. People will respect you much more if you do. And don't make excuses. Unless English isn't your first language, you have no excuse.

Hell, I'm typing this post in the dark right now. And my keyboard doesn't have a backlight.

Last edited:

drifl00n

drifloon master
No, that still doesn't fit any noted definition of ignorant one might come across. If anything, you were being the ignorant one, for reasons explained below.

See, it's not strictly because you voiced your opinion, though I do typically frown upon that myself. It's because you voiced an opinion that isn't really relevant to this thread - "All the buzz about remakes..." does not at all indicate that this is the place to post your amazing, awesome, super-unique (it's none of the above) idea regarding an all-region game - and despite that, the very same thing gets posted ad nauseum by geniuses like you throughout this thread and everywhere else on the board.

So, again, if anything, the ignorance goes to you, largely for posting an idea in the wrong place (not that there's a right place) despite no indicators that this was the proper despository for it.

Food for thought. You can go back to railing against the mean old veterans now if you like.
im not being ignorant. obviously you cannot grasp that concept, but whatever. apparently i am the ignorant one.

You really shouldn't encourage people to rally against veterans BCVM.

But seriously, the idea for an all region game is not in any way new. Do you really think you're the only person to have ever thought of it?

The idea was nice at first, but now it's getting annoying.

Oh, and a tip for a new user. Spell correctly and use proper grammar. People will respect you much more if you do. And don't make excuses. Unless English isn't your first language, you have no excuse.

Hell, I'm typing this post in the dark right now. And my keyboard doesn't have a backlight.
Well thank you for the tip i guess..Even though i have very bad grammar :p

I just do not understand how I said one thing, and immediately I am ignorant. I apologize If i said something wrong, I am sorry I said that It would be cool if this sort of Pokemon game came out. It was my fault, because I did not read the entire thread, but I highly doubt people want to sit here and go through sometimes 100 some pages. Being immature and making a big deal, about a thread on the internet is really pathetic on more than one aspect. It is the internet. If you do not like what someone posts, either take it up with them privately or mind your own business. I just hate it when someone new comes into something. They get so much strife because they are the new person. Again..I apologize even though i do not know what i did wrong.

And by the way, i am aware that many people thought about making an all region game. I never said once.."hey guys nina said it was her idea for this game" no..I may be 20 years old, but I am far from stupid. I just said It would be very cool if they would make a game like that, but it would take up a lot of time and work.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Yeah, um, there's an edit button. You didn't have to *counts* quadruple post.

Also, if we're going into a discussion on ignorance *which, by the way, is COMPLETELY off topic*, you have to realize that forums have an established crowd. New people aren't accepted very well sometimes.

Mind you, Serebii is a very friendly forum.

It's just that BCVM spends his time correcting people/helping people/sarcastically making fun of people.

If you are for some reason annoyed at him for pointing out the truth, call him BCVM20.

*He called it a raping of his name once*

pokemeister

Life is Boring
There will be no remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.