• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All the buzz about remakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
What would be the point of moving the final Team Rocket scenario into a little island?

At least in Kanto we can see how desperate Misty is.

Moe_Joe

I lost my Moe_Joe!
I want a game in Johto where the johto parts of the storyline stay the same but the kanto parts are moved to some little new islands or something. that would be awesome.

I agree. we've already had soooo much kanto. get angry at me all you want, but we may even get a completely new wolrd south of johto or something, cos one of my fav parts of g/s/c was that it was so long and there was so much to do

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
This is a REMAKE.

No matter what you think, Kanto will be in the game.

And if they decide to add anything it will be a new area (Most likely an island, or the Battle Frontier.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
This is a REMAKE.

And if they decide to add anything it will be a new area (Most likely an island, or the Battle Frontier.

I would have to agree Gold and Silver always had Kanto in it since they shared the Indigo Plateau. SO if there were to be a remake there would be a 1st and 2nd remake in one game and I'm guessing they would have the Seven new Kanto islands in involved too.

But personally I would like to see just a Johto based game but if you want a true remake you will have to have Kanto involved too since Johto was never a stand alone region in the first place. Johto and Kanto are to inter locked to split them in a 2nd gen remake the routes connect, the Indigo Plateau is shared and then what will you do with the the rail system in the game in Goldenrod it connected Johto to Kanto (Goldenrod to Saffron) too.

Last edited:

zipzap713

@Peteyism
This is a REMAKE.

Quoted for the Truth

Anyway, does anyone besides me think that a cool feature to be included in a remake, would be a graphics filter that gives the same color scheme as the original GSC? Just for nostalgia appeal of course.

Gin_no_Soyokaze

Steel Type Trainer
The graphics filter would be completely awesome, in my opinion. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. They shouldn't detract all of the original features of the Johto region, but add more instead. The DS cartriges must have a lot of more space than the GBA cartridges. Thereforth, they can make Kanto more appealing, add extra areas to Johto, and keep the old feeling.
I also want Nintendo to make the gyms more challenging and the E4 less laughable. Seriously. A low level 40's team shouldn't be able to defeat the E4, easily on top of that.
Lastly, there should be a better availability of steel and dark types. I had to wait until Claire to get my Skarmory. >.< It should've been available at least around the fourth badge. Curse you, Nintendo.

BCVM22

The graphics filter would be completely awesome, in my opinion.

No it wouldn't.

The DS cartriges must have a lot of more space than the GBA cartridges. Thereforth, they can make Kanto more appealing, add extra areas to Johto, and keep the old feeling.

And as has already been discussed (a repeated discussion? in this thread? It's more likely than you think), while that is true, the amount of data that comprises the game is proportionally larger too, ergo (thereforth isn't a word, for the record) it is not a guarantee that they would be able to add a whole bag's worth of extra areas and stuff.

I also want Nintendo to make the gyms more challenging and the E4 less laughable. Seriously. A low level 40's team shouldn't be able to defeat the E4, easily on top of that.

That's nice. It doesn't really matter what you want, though. If you're posting here and you're old enough to remember Gold and Silver, then you're years beyond the franchise's target demographic and nothing required for the completion of a game's mandatory tasks (including the Elite Four) is going to be something harder than kids within the target demographic (that's boys ages 6-11) can accomplish with some perseverance and trial and error.

Curse you, Nintendo.

Nintendo does not develop the core titles.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The graphics filter would be completely awesome, in my opinion. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

It worked for Megaman 9 due to the fact the game was built to resemble a NES game. It won't work here. Especially since that would make Game Freak have to design the game twice, one in current graphics, the other in retro. That and all the new pokemon would have to be recreated.

They shouldn't detract all of the original features of the Johto region, but add more instead.

Why would they remove original features anyway? REMAKE.

The DS cartriges must have a lot of more space than the GBA cartridges.

Not really. The DS has to handle all the new graphics, pokemon, and moves. All the space leftover from that is for the actual game.

Thereforth, they can make Kanto more appealing, add extra areas to Johto, and keep the old feeling.

I also want Nintendo to make the gyms more challenging and the E4 less laughable. Seriously. A low level 40's team shouldn't be able to defeat the E4,
easily on top of that.

This is a game fo *gasp* KIDS.

It's supposed to be easy in story mode.

Lastly, there should be a better availability of steel and dark types. I had to wait until Claire to get my Skarmory. >.< It should've been available at least around the fourth badge.

You could get your first dark type after the third gym. Umbreon. As for steel, you could get Magnemite after the 4th badge, on the way to Olivine.

Curse you, Nintendo.

You mean Game Freak, right?

Last edited:

zipzap713

@Peteyism
It worked for Megaman 9 due to the fact the game was built to resemble a NES game. It won't work here. Especially since that would make Game Freak have to design the game twice, one in current graphics, the other in retro. That and all the new pokemon would have to be recreated.
I said it would a a Graphics Filter. Not old style graphics, but an alternate color scheme that resembles the originals. Many Console games have alternate filters that change the color scheme of the game. But the graphics stay the same.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Ah, then I misunderstood you. Sorry.

GiovanniWilliamsonTroyBoy

i don't think any murkrow appeared until Kanto.
i thinkthey appeared outside of Celedon City.
i could be wrong though. =P

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Murkrow appears on Route 7 and 16 at night time.

It's fairly common.

GiovanniWilliamsonTroyBoy

I know Houndour didn't appear until outside Saffron. Bugged the hell out of me when I first played it years ago. I was all "Where the hell is Houndour." Then I ran into it and it was a low level and I was thoroughly annoyed.

yeahh i know!
houndoom is one of my favorite pokemon,
and i couldn't train him. =/

Murkrow appears on Route 7 and 16 at night time.

It's fairly common.

yeah? those routes are in Kanto.
it sucked. lol.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Also, I think they should make a pokemon game with every region playable.

*Sigh*

I'm not in the mood for shooting you down right now.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
*Sigh*

I'm not in the mood for shooting you down right now.

I am.

Also, I think they should make a pokemon game with every region playable.

You didn't read much farther back did you? Because I guarantee that on the previous page there will be the very least one, maybe two posts saying exactly the same thing as you just said.

That wont happen, handheld cartridges are too small to do such a thing, it would have to be on a console, and that entirely defeats the purpose.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Um, Hydrohs?

The last time anyone mentioned an all-in-one region game was on page 10.

I just checked.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
It seems common sense has flooded the area!

Status
Not open for further replies.