• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Things Bright And Beautifly! (289)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Eh I didn't like how it was mostly about people training for contests. I hate contests.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
lol that image in the first post, what a timing, it looks like pikachu is taking a dump while ash is behind it looking very interested in it:p

anyway i'm not much into contests and stuff like that but this episode was allright i think.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
It was nice seeing a episode like this, even though this wasn't May's first contest. Im glad that this got May into catching a Wurmple and into Contests instead of Gyms. That wouldve made her look like a Female Ash, kind of.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought this was an amazing episode. I think that Pokemon Contests are the greatest part of pokemon. It was too bad that Ash, May, and Brock couldn't enter. I was surprised that Chaz told Ash about Pikachu's ability to learn Iron Tail. All the practice it has done has almost fully paid off though. I thought that the contest battle between Beautifly and Venomoth was fantastic. I laughed hard when Jessie recieved a score of zero for trying to have Seviper used attacks like Sacred Fire and Water Pulse. I just love contests so much! ;)

So thats where Pokemon Contest starts! :D
And I cant belaeve Pikachu learned Iron Tail! :)
Funny when jessie saying things like Sacred Fire. XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This was the first time I was actually interested in Contests even though I had played the games where they're featured. They looked fun in this episode but their charm wore off over time. Still, I was interested in seeing May take such a liking to Contests and I liked seeing Ash actually train his Pikachu to learn Iron Tail. 4/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good contest, although we havn't seen all.

And May's decision was good, i love contests!

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
It sure is interesting to see how far Pokemon contests have come from this episode. Its funny that Ash and co. needed passes just to watch the contest.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I thought the part where Jessie was ordering Seviper to use moves it didn't know was hilarious! Other than that, this episode was kinda bland and the contest have definitely come along way.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Beautifly for the 1st time. It was cool to see a Pokemon contest for the 1st time. It was funny seeing Jessie calling out Seviper to use Sacred Fire and other moves it didn't know for the contest. I'm glad Pikachu was learning Iron Tail in this episode.

40/100

hever

022611229PM
A lot of things happened in this episode. So it's a very (somewhat) important episode. Pikachu learning Iron Tail, and Beautifly's debut in the Pokemon Contests.

7/10.

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was alright. It was cool to see Contests for the first time aswell as Beautifly. It was cool to see Pikachu learning Iron Tail.

CliveKoopa

It's a shame we never saw Janet again after this episode. It would have made sense for her to re-appear as it is in this episode, May and the viewers are introduced to Pokemon Contests.

Jessie ordering Seviper to use Sacred Fire and other attacks just shows how little she knows about pokemon, including her own. She does this in One Trick Phoney also. I felt sorry for her Seviper who was sweating in embarrassment. When Meowth told her to use Poison Tail, she said it probably won't work even though she uses it several times on the "twerps".

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
My one question is: Does Brock sit by himself during this contest? May and Max are onstage and Ash is busy with Pikachu. If Brock had to sit in the stands that makes me sad.

Also ironic they mix up Slugma and Magcargo on the day Magcargo is the Who's that Pokemon.

Vernikova

Champion
This was a an interesting episode I suppose. It would've been really interesting to see how May and Ash would've tackled gym battles together and possibly start a rivalry between each other in a student v master type deal. I prefer It would've been really interesting to see how having two rivals travel together for a region. Anyway, as for the actual episode itself, I liked it.

7threst

I thought this episode was really good. The whole concept of Pokémon contests was showed here well and that made Hoenn way better because you had two characters competing in both different things (Ash going for Gym Battles and Gym Badges, and May going for Pokémon Contests and Ribbons) It was also nice to see Pikachu learning a new attack that proven to be very useful later on. Certainly a good episode in many ways.

This episode was there solely to introduce contests, and did a nice job at that. I also really like Beautifly, so seeing it was cool. I also liked Ash's and Pikachu's Iron Tail training, even though I think Iron Tail is an over-used move in the anime. And Jessie ordering her Seviper to use moves it can't learn was funny! This is a great episode, 10/10.

Blessed

Nice episode to introduce Contests. This episode answered some left over questions I still had about them, so that was nice. It was a bit peculiar seeing another announcer that wasn't Vivian though. It was also strange how Janet never appeared again as it would have been nice to have her face off in a battle against May. Lastly Jessie slayed when she told Seviper to perform attacks it didn't know. Her getting a 0 was really the highlight of this episode.