• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Things Bright And Beautifly! (289)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't get why Ash didn't just decide to use Treecko at the Rustboro gym but it was cool to see Pikachu learn a new attack :)

Satoshi's Kimori didn't know any Grass-type attacks at this point, hence why Satoshi didn't put all his faith in Kimori and instead decided to teach Iron Tail to Pikachu here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Musashi not knowing which attacks her Habunake knew at least makes some sense considering that it was a relatively new capture for her. She didn't have a Zukan, so she wouldn't have known for sure which moves Habunake had in its arsenal.

Pikachu learns the Iconic Iron Tail. Poor Seviper.

RetroPokeFan

This one's a very good one for May giving her the inspiration to eventually become a Pokémon coordinator and take part in the Pokémon contests to come. It's also good for both Ash and Pikachu as well as Pikachu learns Iron Tail which is a move that would stay as part of his moveset even to this very day.

There's an especially funny moment involving Jessie and Seviper with Seviper especially feeling awkward in the heat of it too.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
The first contest ever, it was a ton of fun to watch. Liked them from the get go! It was a good episode to make May realize she wanted to go for contests. I just wish the coordinators in this episode weren’t CODT, they could’ve been part of May’s rivals. Why such efficient coordinators not show up at the grand festival?

I also wish Ash and Co. hadn’t missed the chance to enter since it would’ve been cool to see the whole gang participating in a contest.