• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All things dealing with Cartoon Network/Adult Swim

Lionz xD

Experienced trainer
Cartoonnetwork was my very first exposure to anime, the lovable characters, amazing storylines, and violent images. But now adays youd be lucky just to see an episode of natuto. Plus adult swim pushes its anime to hours where im in no mood to watch television. So what im asking is whether we've seen the last of anime on cartoonnetwork.(not counting pokemon of course)

Rave

Banned
Yes, you've seen the end of your precious animu on Cartoon Network.

Cartoon Network is a failed state.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Where art thou Anime lol

Move on to the web or the Anime Network (or local Anime channel if one is available) DVDs are the best bet lol

CN is mainly Flapjack or Chowder now and that 6teen show its not worth the time to go there anymore.

pcstampede

WeaGarSal
Maybe in terms of having an entire block dedicated to it.

Zazie

So 1991
You won't find a different concept in all animes. It's always about fighting. I can care less.

Not all anime is about fighting. A recent example that came on Cartoon Network is Shin Chan. Other examples include Case Closed (also came on cartoon network), Kodocha, AH! My Goddess, Azumanga Daio I could keep on going for ever. Of course if your just talking about on TV there's just Hamtaro, Shin Chan and Case Closed and Super Milk Chan and Hello Kitty.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
So what im asking is whether we've seen the last of anime on cartoonnetwork.(not counting pokemon of course)
Yes. Shift in demographics.

You won't find a different concept in all animes. It's always about fighting. I can care less.
Ayakashi ~ Samurai Horror: Goblin cat
Azumanga Daioh
Denno Coil
Eve no Jikan
FLCL
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Gauche the Cellist
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Haibane Renmei
Honey and Clover
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Kaiba
Kino's Journey
Last Exile
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Millennium Actress
Mind Game
Mononoke
Mouryou no Hako
Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit
Mushi-shi
NieA_7
Night on the Galactic Railroad
Only Yesterday
Pale Cocoon
Paprika
Paranoia Agent
Patlabor OVA
Patlabor: The Movie
Patlabor 2: The Movie
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
Serial Experiments Lain
Spirited Away
Texhnolyze
Tokyo Godfathers
Whisper of the Heart
Wolf's Rain

... are just a few anime that don't fall to your lazy generalizations and ignorance. Make sure not to talk about subjects that you don't know jack about next time.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare

Um Fruits Basket and Chobits aren't fighting anime lol theres a lot of them out there just you have to look harder since the fighting type anime are the dominant types of anime out there. But I do have to say the fighting anime is kind of better imo the more action the better for me personally.

Yes. Shift in demographics.

... are just a few anime that don't fall to your lazy generalizations and ignorance. Make sure not to talk about subjects that you don't know jack about next time.

Oh snap you have a point there.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
CN from now on will be playing Canadian toons and more live action shows. It's basically trying to entertain the tween crowd a lot more then it used to.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Cartoon Networks does not care about you. I miss the variety (not within Anime but by switching between) but waddyagunnado?

Lionz xD

Experienced trainer
I just wish toonami could get its own station and air all the old showsj I loved but god knows thats not gonna happen

Rex Kamex

You could have used a better example, such as Hamtaro. Which ended, anyway.

In America, anyway. There were nearly 200 episodes that weren't dubbed. I don't know if you knew that, but there could've been more episodes. Just saying...