• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Things Speculative in Alola

XXD17

Draco rex
You see, I've never been actually compelled to post anything here specifically, but the new starters are pretty hype. For anyone interested, here are my personal speculations for the future of seventh gen.

Rowlet's line:
Rowlet has always looked like a sprouting coconut to me. That's why I decided to incorporate the palm tree design in its final form. I always went with a tribal/ shaman looks to work the tree design into place. I also got some inspiration form the potoo, a bird that can use its feathers to imitate dead branches. The row let evo can use its leafy aspects for camouflage as well to ambush prey.
project_fakemon__rowlet_final_evo_v_2_by_xxd17-da2ess6.jpg
project_fakemon__rowlet_final_evo_action_pose_by_xxd17-da2vf6h.jpg

Litten's line:
This one is the most straightforward. I want kitten to evolve into a volcanic tiger. The dark body with the red stripes is very reminiscent of cooled lava that still have cracks in them. The point here is for the tabby marking to evolve into the "king" character found in Kanji/ Chinese. This character is a trademark of tigers. The perk is that whenever it gets angry,the tips of its fur flare up. Its tail also resembles a bomb fuse in this state.
project_fakemon__litten_final_evo_v_2_by_xxd17-da2esqa.jpg
project_fakemon__litten_final_evo_action_pose_by_xxd17-da2vewe.jpg

Popplio's line:
I absolutely hate clowns. That's why I want poplin to take the elegant acrobat route rather than the fat clown route. The design takes some clown designs, muscle man designs and puts them together to form a more visually pleasing and sleek sea lion
project_fakemon__popplio_final_evo_v_2_by_xxd17-da2esmj.jpg
project_fakemon__popplio_final_evo_action_pose_by_xxd17-da2vehb.jpg

New dog 'mon:
I'm a firm believer that out mystery 'mon is a little puppy. It appears to be based on northern breeds that curl their tails over their backs such as shiba inus, akitas, or pomeranians. My original idea was that this 'mon will be customizable like furfrou only instead of fancy haircuts, you can equip it with different accessories like dog collars, bow ties or booties. Stuff that people normally dress their dog up in. I also made a second version where the "collar" around its neck is actually part of its fur and is supposed to resemble a Hawaiian lei.
project_fakemo__new_dog__mon_v_2_by_xxd17-da2pbc0.jpg
a_new_pokemon_revealed___by_xxd17-da2h3wt.jpg

New bird 'mon:
As you can see, I'm basing it on a woodpecker from the Dryocopus genus.
new_regional_bird___v_2_by_xxd17-d9tlmbu.jpg

Last edited:

AnakBaé

Woah, you got some really great designs there! I love your design of Popplio's final evo, especially the dynamic one.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I think your designs are nicely balanced and well executed.
Certainly Poppio's final evolution caught my eye. The color choice and design fit very well with the 'spirit' of Poppio and I wouldn't be sad it this was the actual design.

Can't wait to see some more of your work.

Ps: I would like it if you put the actual image here in stead of the link (by doing so:
img*] and remove star)

XXD17

Draco rex
I think your designs are nicely balanced and well executed.
Certainly Poppio's final evolution caught my eye. The color choice and design fit very well with the 'spirit' of Poppio and I wouldn't be sad it this was the actual design.

Can't wait to see some more of your work.

Ps: I would like it if you put the actual image here in stead of the link (by doing so: put link here[/img*] and remove star)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for liking them! Done