• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Torkoal, No Play! (334)

L

Lindsay

Why why why were they following Brocks directions? Hello? Max has a POKéNAV so they won't get losted! Oh wells I'll let it slide because Steel types finally got some love!

Steel Valleys a way cool and seemingly tough place so I wish it were in the games! Skarmory is one of my unofficial favorites so I liked how it got a lot of screentime here. And I SO knew that voice Torkoal was looking for was a Steelix!

Team Idiot wasn't to much of a bother here thankfully. May finally got in some battle time with Torchic and Skitty which pleased me. They need exp ya know!

When exactly did Ash catch Torkoal though? Another off-screen capture ala Lapras I guess?

3 / 5

But that 3 is close to a 4 cause of all the Steel loving! This was a good nice solid episode. But Ash, please remember Torkoal can also use Iron Defense!

Geodude

He caught it when he asked if it wanted to join and Torkoal accepted. At that point, a Pokeball capture didn't really need to be shown.

And it's possible that the Pokenav may not be as detailed as they needed to get through that particular area.

G

Gryphon Turboclaw

Pokemon Fan said:
Yup, it was pretty quick but there was a scene with Steelix firing Dragonbreath and it canceling out a Flamethrower from Torkoal. I forget who fired first, if it was Steelix and Torkoal blocked it, or if it was Torkaol and Steelix blocked it.

IIRC, Torkoal launched a Flamethrower only to have it blasted right back by Steelix's Dragonbreath. Said Steelix also tried an Iron Tail-Crunch combo---both of which missed---later on in that brawl.

OT: You'd think that with Crunch, D-breath and being a giant *snake*, the Onix line would be in the Dragon egg group as well as being in the Mineral one. If Ekans/Arbok and Seviper can be Dragon/Field(still talking egg groups here), why not Dragon/Mineral for Onix/Steelix? Sheesh....

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Lindsay said:
Why why why were they following Brocks directions? Hello? Max has a POKéNAV so they won't get losted! Oh wells I'll let it slide because Steel types finally got some love!
In a past episode we saw that the PokeNAV can sometimes cease working if they are in a remote area or otherwise out of range of the signal somehow. It wasn't said to happen in this episode, but it is the most likely explanation aside from "the writers forgot."

All that steel could cause transmission interference after all. ^_^

Chris

Old Coot
Saw this episode last Friday in English. Still not pleased with Torkoal's voice. :\ Just doesn't sound goofy funny. More like the bad kind of goofy. Anyways, besides that, the episode was good. They actually kept Skarmory's voice this time. I'm suprised by the amount of Johto Pokémon that are keeping their original voices in AG. Steelix also kept its voice, but is it me, or did the voice for this Steelix sound VERY similar to Kamex? o_O;

Edward Elric said:
Saw this episode last Friday in English. Still not pleased with Torkoal's voice. :\ Just doesn't sound goofy funny. More like the bad kind of goofy.

i liked flannery's torkoal dub voice is it the same? but steel pokemon are cool but person who did the voice of steelix also plays a main charcter on the show so the voice is the same as jasmine's steelix because they haven't left the show.(i think?)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

i saw this ep today and tis my fave cos.......................

IT'S GOT TORKOAL IN IT!!!!

I recorded it with sky+ and i watch it all the time!!!

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
stuarthillman said:
i liked flannery's torkoal dub voice is it the same? but steel pokemon are cool but person who did the voice of steelix also plays a main charcter on the show so the voice is the same as jasmine's steelix because they haven't left the show.(i think?)

Yes the dub voice for Flannery's Torkoal and the Torkoal featured in this episode are the same :p

That was one hard Steelix, survived a strong overheat attack, as well as many other fire type attacks prior to that.

God sake, Ash risked his life saving May and she didn't even say thanks :p

Good episode, reminds me very much of the episode "Get along lil'Pokémon" in the Orange Islands, possibly because of the numourous Magnemite's and that the scenario was also in a desserted valley.

Last edited:
F

Factory Head Noland

I saw this episosde this morning and it was just great! I saw the Japanese version early last year.
That Steelix was strong! I loved seeing the Skarmory, Magnemite and Magneton, I love Steel types! I did NOT like it when the Magneton attacked May and Torchic though!
What you all on?? Torkoal's dubbed voice is awesome!

Rating: 9/10 (Lost a mark due to there being no cool music when Torkoal battled Steelix!)

;155;

Blazing Charmander

This was such a cool episode. I watched it today and after seeing Torkoal more, it is starting to become one of my favourite Pokemon. Its dub voice is awesome. The battle between Steelix and Torkoal was awesome. That Steelix was so strong but i agree with PokemonIsGr8. There wasn't cool enough battle music. I'm assuming that the Japanese version had better music.

That Magneton was so cruel attacking May. I felt so sorry for her. And although i'm not an Advanceshipper anymore i thought the Ash saving May scene was cute. They seemed to be looking into each others eyes too much. lol.

I found something quite error-ish in this episode. Before Torkoal had joined Ash on his journey, he told the Steel types not to attack his Torkoal. Either that was planned or it actually was an error.

Rating: 9.5/10

A

Alakazam

Well I've finally seen this episode, I forgot to watch it last Sunday =P

Torkoal was rather comedic, and I hope to see more of him. TR really didn't get too much screentime today IMO. I'd give this episode 8.5/10.

Pokemonisgr8 said:
What you all on?? Torkoal's dubbed voice is awesome!

Rating: 9/10 (Lost a mark due to there being no cool music when Torkoal battled Steelix!)

;155;

i agree torkoal has one of the best dub voices (it was better than zangoose) and it was a great ep but the could of used it to debut new steel pokemon like beldum (they could of but now i know why they didn't) i found that to they always cut out the cool music and this is in my top 10 eps!(number 2 or 3)

-stuart-;324; (this is the first post that i have put this and know i am going put it on all my posts, after this one!)

G

Geki

I liked this episode a lot. I'm happy Ash caught a Torkoal, and there was also a shippy moment when Ash saved May from falling off that cliff.

9/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I feel really bad for Torkoal and how it keeps getting attacked by the steel pokemon. Those pokemon were downright nasty. At least Torkoal did end up triumphant over steelix in the end, with Ash's help, and he became part of Ash's team. :) I love it when Torkoal cries a river, it's pretty funny. I also liked the part when Team Rocket tried to get on steelix's good side by giving him a cleaning. LOL

SpongeBoblover

< She's preaty
Two words... Very Good.

Pros
1. Torkoal was kinda funny when he cried for sorrows or joy.
2. It was fantastic when Ash went down the cliff to save May from falling off the cliff. :)

Cons
1. Those steal pokemon were so mean to Torkoal, Ash and May.

Roeno

Finally they showed it on tv here!
And I thought it was a pretty good episode. Team Rocket begin blown away and giving Steelix a brushing was funny, and the battle between Torkoal and Steelix was cool too, it had some great animation I might add. Well I'll give this episode an 9/10

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i saw this episode a few weeks ago, it was a nice episode he finally got a torkoal, and one of it's kind too.