• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Torkoal, No Play! (334)

JudySpell

Banned
The valley of steel was a fascinating place & as a Steelix fan I was glad that one was here as the villain who kept attacking Torkoal. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, well I wasn't. We had just seen Flannery use one anyway so Ash didn't need to showcase a Torkoal too...

But still Ash needed a Gen 3 fire type pokemon in Hoenn and there were limited choices. Him catching Torkoal at least added a new pokemon with a funny personality to his team. ^^

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
but I wish we could've seen Gen 3 Steel Pokemon instead of just a bunch of old ones.

Well several of the Hoenn steel types like Mawile, Lairon and Beldum were being saved for their own exclusive debut episodes, so I guess the writing staff had their hands tied here. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ew, those Magnamite and Skarmory must've really hated Torkoal to beat it like that. Torkoal's voice bothered me since he sounded...slow. I also wondered, where was Aron, Lairon, Aggron, and Mawile?

Zamin

I am so glad that Ash kept the Torkoal. I thought that they would do the typical thing where Ash finds a great Pokemon but leaves it in the wild, I am glad that he kept this one with him.

It was a really good episode. I am glad that Torkoal won the battle in the end, Ash fought well with him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was taken aback that this episode focused on Cotoise right after watching Asuna's Cotoise two episodes prior to this one. I felt sympathetic to the wild Cotoise's plight though since the valley's Steel-types were extremely aggressive towards him. I'm glad that Satoshi helped Cotoise scare away Haganeil and the others.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I didn't get why Torkoal was so hated by the Steel Pokemon since he seemed harmless enough. I liked how Ash showed him so much compassion.

Daizy

I call you honey
So here we saw the gang lost in a valley and they stopped to rescue Torkoal from a group of Steel Pokemon. Ash and the gang had to get to the bottom of the problem which was predictable.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I now wonder why Cotoise was being bullied so much here since he seemed meek and gentle. I felt bad for him since he seemed too weak to fight off the Steel Pokemon by himself.

Scorbunnie

That Skarmory who kept assaulting Torkoal was like the Fearow from Kanto that keep harassing the Pidgey and Pidgeotto in the Viridian Forest.

I thought Torkoal being scared of the Steel Pokemon made no sense because he was stronger than them with his Fire attacks.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
I thought Torkoal being scared of the Steel Pokemon made no sense because he was stronger than them with his Fire attacks.

I think it was based on Cotoise's personality since we saw how much he cried, which leads me to believe that he just didn't like to fight back against those Steel-types or any Pokemon in general if he could avoid it.

TORKOAL!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!! The way he shows affection by crying is so cute!