• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

All Users: A quick request

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys

You may have seen this in a notice but making a post for it too.

As you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.

To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK

You have until April 3rd

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just answered. Tried to be truthful in all my answers.

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Sooooo we are asking users to hand over information to ad networks that allow them to be tracked and targetted more efficiently...?

In 2019?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Sooooo we are asking users to hand over information to ad networks that allow them to be tracked and targetted more efficiently...?

In 2019?

The only personal info you provide is your age range ( not specific age ), your country, and what gender you identify as. It only takes about five minutes to do and it helps support the site. I just did the survey.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is it supposed to keep giving me the pop-up requesting me to take the survey when I enter the forums, even after I've done the survey? It doesn't pop up every time, but I've just had it come up for the fourth time today.

BCVM22

Is it supposed to keep giving me the pop-up requesting me to take the survey when I enter the forums, even after I've done the survey? It doesn't pop up every time, but I've just had it come up for the fourth time today.

The survey and subsequent request have no way of knowing you've already taken it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The survey and subsequent request have no way of knowing you've already taken it.

Oh, that's unfortunate. Thanks.

In that case, might I suggest getting rid of the pop-up? The large news alert on the top of the website should be enough to get people's attention. If they ignore and exit out of that, then the pop-up probably isn't going to change their mind. I don't mind too much right now, but I imagine it's going to get annoying as the month goes on.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I'll ping a note. It's meant to cookie it I think so it doesn't pop up
That's a no can do, unfortunately, but don't worry I'm blocking ads so I wouldn't have seen them anyway.
I get it, but don't forget that without ads, the site cannot be maintained.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
As an update, the last time I had the pop-up appear was the time I logged in to make that last post. I've been on the forums several tines in the past 24 hours, and haven't gotten it again, so things seem to be working now.

michael147

With best wishes
but don't forget that without ads, the site cannot be maintained.
If I understand correctly the ad industry (I am a site owner as well), in most of ad systems the income comes if a user has clicked an ad. So the AdBlock switched on and switched off with user never clicking ads get the same income - 0. Most ad providers forbid site owner to stimulate clicks in any way. What I say is: if a user has made a choice to never click ads, he should be permitted to use AdBlock turned on because it doesn't affect the final income you get. Sorry if your ad system is based on page views.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's been done.

Orphalesion

I did it when it first popped up, but it kept popping up afterwards, I hope I did everything correctly

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
The only personal info you provide is your age range ( not specific age ), your country, and what gender you identify as. It only takes about five minutes to do and it helps support the site. I just did the survey.
Still feels uncomfortable. It feels like they shouldn't need any of that information (which let's face it, they may already of gotten when we clicked the link).

pokefreakceetje

I keep getting fashion ads for eg bikinis because I visited a site once and Google knows I am a bit interested in clothes. But I also get really irrelevant ads I don't know why I get targeted with them. Hence I filled it in.