• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Almost Pikachu Crisis (1137)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh I thought you were saying that we're going to get another Episode like this

Didn't know what you meant
Damn. Someone didn't watch Frozen? Watch that. It's worth it.

Or just read the context:

Kristoff says "I'm gonna tell him" to Olaf the Snowman after listening to a song number of him wishing to enjoy summer, which is going to melt Olaf instead of giving him the good time he thinks he's going to get. Kristoff wanted to cynically spoil the fun by saying "I'm gonna tell him" but Anna scolded him not to do it.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
For all of this episode's flaws
This episode at least did give Lucario and Cinderace some much needed characterization (also I just really miss Cinderace....)

In Journeys the Pokémon are only allowed to have some degree of focus if they are A) Being captured by Goh, B) Showcasing that the species exists as an actual thing, C) Showcasing some alternate form such as Mega or Dyna, D) Battling or E) Evolving to showcase it's evolutionary lines.

They're not allowed to be characters anymore. This one episode felt like a bizarre sole outliner

For a show called Pokemon you think the ones on the main cast would have more of a regular focus

Here they're treated like tools (no matter what the show says otherwise)

It makes me worried immensely about the next Generation

Oh Alola you don't know how much I miss you....

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

Let me rephrase that.

Lucario barely has any personality, or rather, has a battle bot personality with very little glimpses of other behavior.
That's literally every Pokemon in this series besides Cinderace, Eevee and maybe Grookey

I don't know why only Lucario gets singled out for this?

Sure we got a chance to see Lucario and Cinderace's personality, and Hikachu was cute
But I wish we got a better episode to see their personality shine in with, this was just too boring and they didn't take any advantage of it being set in Castelia city aside from a brief Sawk and Throh battle
That's fair I didn't like how no one other than the main characters appeared

Mythical-Moonlight

Um, this episode is about it. There's a reason I didn't go for others.
I was talking about in general.
People bring up Lucario's battle bot personality but it's still more personality than the rest of Ash's Team minus maybe Dragonite

Remember when Gengar had an abusive trainer and was implied to have abandonment issues?

Yeah me neither...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’s funny to me that people dislike this episode because, as someone who hates Lucario, this is like the only good episode centered around it despite the forced pairing with Cinderace that went nowhere. I’ve always been a fan of episodes with the Pokémon interacting by themselves so that’s definitely a huge part of it

Mythical-Moonlight

It’s funny to me that people dislike this episode because, as someone who hates Lucario, this is like the only good episode centered around it despite the forced pairing with Cinderace that went nowhere. I’ve always been a fan of episodes with the Pokémon interacting by themselves so that’s definitely a huge part of it
You didn't like the Mega vs G-Max episode?