• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Almost Pikachu Crisis (1137)

Red and Blue

Cant believe Sawk and Throh just stood there and let Lucario and Cinderace hit them. Why? Also it looks like Unova has entered lockdown as well. There was almost no people or Pokemon to be seen

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So much for Lucario having a unique personality, but now it's back to the same one nearly every other Lucario has. I'm starting to think the writers judge by appearances way too much that they're not able to do anything unique.

So the duo stupidly got into trouble for no reason, and the real Pikachu was still with Ash and Goh.

You know, Lucario, you have this thing called "aura" that senses life energy. You know? The one you used to tell Ash through it you somehow knew Aura Sphere (seriously, how does that work when telling him that?)? You could have avoided all this crap had you used that prior. Buuuuuuuuuuut it figures the writers like bringing aura up at random.

...Also, I don't exactly see the point why Ash and Goh brought those two along and pretty much left EVERYONE else behind. Even freakin' Greedent, who won the "free" desserts for them is absent (so those people trying to paint Goh as a psycho are probably not that crazy). Not even Sobble gets to be cute eating! This episode was really trying to force Lucario and Cinderace, and I dislike the wrecked train of logic behind it. (There's also the fact Ash and Goh utterly forgot about them, and Ash isn't aware his Lucario thinks all of this is nonsense... What the hell?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

So much for Lucario having a unique personality, but now it's back to the same one nearly every other Lucario has. I'm starting to think the writers judge by appearances way too much that they're not able to do anything unique.

So the duo stupidly got into trouble for no reason, and the real Pikachu was still with Ash and Goh.

You know, Lucario, you have this thing called "aura" that senses life energy. You know? The one you used to tell Ash through it you somehow knew Aura Sphere (seriously, how does that work when telling him that?)? You could have avoided all this crap had you used that prior. Buuuuuuuuuuut it figures the writers like bringing aura up at random.

...Also, I don't exactly see the point why Ash and Goh brought those two along and pretty much left EVERYONE else behind. Even freakin' Greedent, who won the "free" desserts for them is absent. Not even Sobble gets to be cute eating! This episode was really trying to force Lucario and Cinderace, and I dislike the wrecked train of logic behind it. (There's also the fact Ash and Goh utterly forgot about them, and Ash isn't aware his Lucario thinks all of this is nonsense... What the hell?)
I don't blame you. Not at all

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I don't exactly see the point why Ash and Goh brought those two along and pretty much left EVERYONE else behind. Even freakin' Greedent, who won the "free" desserts for them is absent. Not even Sobble gets to be cute eating!

They obviously came here after the eating contest where Greedent filled itself.

They returned to the lab to drop off the stuffed Greedent and picked up Lucario and Cinderace who were asleep when food was being given out.

Pikachu was in the stands last episode seeing all the food it couldn't eat and wasn't around either when the boys were giving out food.

/s

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm surprised Team Rocket's allowed back in Castelia City after [REDACTED] but they're probably under a coronavirus lockdown. The streets looked so dead.

Pleasantly surprised with the personality Lucario has shown so far. At least they're choosing to make him expressive and have some comedic timing. The bar is on the floor with that species.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

so the events of one episode are enough to gauge it's personality completely?

There's still time for it to change, and personally if someone was pushing something into my face i'd probably get mad too.

outside of it's birth episode as Riolu, the only time that Lucario's aura bond with Ash really shows up is when they are in a serious combat situation, that was not the case in this episode.

edit: then again the last time it happened was when Ash fought Rose, so maybe it will be a writers choice going forward on when that kicks in.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
so the events of one episode are enough to gauge it's personality completely?
It's not like we've seen evolved mons' personalities do a 180 while evolved. Outside of maaaaaybe Charizard, I barely remember any other Pokemon who changed to a different personality. The best we've gotten was somewhat disobeying Pokemon getting in line.

(Note that I'm referring to set personalities Pokemon get when they evolved that don't change. Ash's Lucario became just like any other Lucario who was never annoyed by the antics of other team members. Though given the fact this Lucario stubbornly bemoaned even Ash's behavior in this episode surely because it wasn't training-related (whereas as a Riolu it wouldn't have had a problem), it is not a good sign.)

Mew29240

You know, I don't think I'd be able to tell apart Ash's Pikachu from the fake one without the subtitles since I didn't hear the "H" in "Hikachu" until it was spelled out for me in the subtitles. Of course now that I know, I can't unhear it...

What is physics? I know that the anime doesn't follow it for the most part, but some of Lucario and Cinderace's rebounds just didn't make sense to me at all.

I liked how done Lucario and Cinderace were when they saw that Pikachu was with Ash and Goh at the end of their whole escapade, though!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Passable episode. They are trying to sell Cinderace and Lucario as duo but... It just doesn't work with me. They have no prior dynamic and we were pretty much strangers to each other back when they were Raboot and Riolu. Compare and contrast to things like Oshawott and Tepig on BW where they had a dynamic even before Tepig evolved. It's basically a "well those are the furry aces of Ash and Goh so they must be BFFs because Ash and Goh are". The thing is that while the Ash and Goh works, that one seems like... Tacked on. Like they just needed this to go with the duo theme of the show.

It's really telling that Raboot's and Sobble's dynamic feels way more natural than this despite being basically a background thing.

Also, as much as it hurts to me saying it... I don't get what on Earth they wanted to do with Cinderace. I mean, bunny basically swinged from the cheerful Scorbunny to broody Raboot then it's a somewhat childish Cinderace? When it was a Raboot they pushed the idea that's a phase thing, like a kid going from teenage years to adulthood but... I dunno it doesn't work because it feels like the bunny basically defaulted to factory settings upon evolution. Teenagers don't revert to being kids when they become adults (well, the non-weirdo ones at least...). I could see getting over the rebelious phase but suddenly acting the same way as first stage is... Weird.

As much as I hate Ash's Lucario, at least the thing was consistent and even the comedy bits here at least display it's still a young lad who mostly tries to put a cool pose.

Also I have an issue with how they treated Ash and Goh here. They just assuming their pokémon went on their business is... I dunno, doesn't feel coherent with who they are. Their partners have been gone for a while meanwhile the boys and Pikachu just stuff themselves with food? I'm not saying they should freak out but how both treated it as a non-issue feels wrong. I mean, as much as I want to see Ash releasing Lucario so we can all forget this ever happened, I still feel he'd react differently. At least, Goh kept bringing them up. Maybe I'm overthinking but considering how many scenes we got of the boys eating random pokémon-themed food, it's fair to say that whole chase thing lasted for a time. I dunno, I just felt both were irresponsible.

I can't say I really like the comedic scenes because they more or less played up for what I expect from this episodes where people who don't get along are forced to cooperate. It plays up the formula as it is supposed to be so... It works, I guess?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the episode's terrible but I dunno, there's so many problems with the premise itself that's hard to like the final product.

I'm starting to think the writers judge by appearances way too much that they're not able to do anything unique.

Same here. See Scorbunny and Cinderace vs Raboot.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It figures Ash acts OOC whenever his jackal is somehow involved in the non-PWC-centric episodes. Already happened with Pikachu's jealousy/pissed phase. It happened again with him and Goh(!) not minding where their big boys went off to despite the fact the whole reason was for them to enjoy eating desserts with their trainers (and not even poor Sobble was invited, which only makes Goh look even weirder).

Last edited:

diakyu

There's nothing wrong with all the Lucario and Cinderace interaction but it is very odd they're suddenly a pair after 0 interaction prior to their evolution. Remember when we thought Riolu and Farfetch'd would be a pair based on the opening and their loss ahahahahahahah :(

#rabootshouldnothaveevolved

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
There's nothing wrong with all the Lucario and Cinderace interaction but it is very odd they're suddenly a pair after 0 interaction prior to their evolution. Remember when we thought Riolu and Farfetch'd would be a pair based on the opening and their loss ahahahahahahah :(

#rabootshouldnothaveevolved
Why you no like Cinderace?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They're really trying to force Lucario/Cinderace into being the new Bulbasaur/Squirtle, Pikachu/Piplup, Scraggy/Axew, and Chespin/Pancham. They had absolutely ZERO interactions before either of them evolved, I don't care for their friendship. Pairing Lucario as Pikachu's friend would have been better as those two actually interacted and are Ash's aces.

Team Rocket were literally the only good thing about this episode, as much as I despise the stupid Gacha machine at least they were allowed to keep their personalities.

Lucario really should have caught on immediately that it wasn't Pikachu, he has aura...
Also like I said before, Unova deserves better. This is only it's second episode this saga and NOTHING meaningful has happened at all, when will Ash get a Pokemon WORLD Championship match here(or heck, a match at all...? -_- ) or the return of somebody like Trip/Alder/Marlon/Drayden/Iris/Cilan triplets or the debut of somebody the anime skipped initially like Hugh/Grimsley? Nah, let's just give a super bland as hell filler that literally you could say it was set in Vermilion and nobody would notice. There were no Unova natives walking around and Team Rocket has used Unova mons elsewhere before this. Give me a REAL Unova episode damn it!

Oh yeah... and no Greedent? Why? They only won this because of it.
Sobble still missing but I'd say that is a plus as it means that Ash likely isn't the one stuck with Grookey, Kubfu fulfills the 'starter' role just fine for him. He can survive without Grass if he's missed the Water starter FOUR times and the Fire starter THREE times while almost never skipping the Grass one...

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
On top of wonky physics and janky animation, this episode had some terrible voice acting.

Megumi Hayashibara did fine with Scorbunny and Raboot, but her voice just isn't working for Cinderace.

Cinderace's weird deep barking and lucario sounding like a dying engine do further damage to an already forced dynamic.

It's sad that I found Chidori's voice acting better than the 2 stars.