• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Almost Pikachu Crisis (1137)

Illusio

No words, only rage
I don't mind Lucario and Cinderace having an episode together. It's true that they had no relationship before, but this could've been a good time to start it. The problem is that I agree with most of the complaints and that the dynamic here is forced. They barely bounce off each other and the whole relationship is set up by silly shenanigans rather then any actual bond. Even the whole 'Lucario hates sweets and sticky fur' doesn't work here as that never existed before, it just popped up here to make a conflict. I would like for Ash's Lucario to get more then being stoic, but outside of some expressive faces this new trait doesn't do anything for him.

In the end, this episode doesn't do a good job giving these two a dynamic. It feels more like an obligation then a friendship.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
On top of wonky physics and janky animation, this episode had some terrible voice acting.

Megumi Hayashibara did fine with Scorbunny and Raboot, but her voice just isn't working for Cinderace.

I couldn't agree more.

In fact, I think Megumi Hayashibara is "that one celebrity" to me now. What I mean by that is this: everyone has at least one celebrity they can't stand for whatever reason (i.e. the South Park writers' beef with Barbra Streisand), and for me, that would be Hayashibara. That "stereotypical anime tough character" voice she does is incredibly annoying. It's why I never liked her performance as Jessie, and now it's why I can't stand Cinderace's voice. It's easily the worst non-TR voice of this saga.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Outside of appearances, Raboot in general aren't edgy. That is something the anime interpreted. Raboot looks like that because it so happens that's what soccer players in training wear.

The whole evolution line is literally a little kid (Scorbunny) who trains hard (Raboot) to become a professional soccer player (Cinderace). It's not a cheerful kid going emo but then ends up being a kiddy adult. That's...not how things work.

(The real edgy line is Sobble's, ironically, but that applies to just Drizzile, whose brilliant but lazy attitude makes it look edgy.)

Also, Cinderace regaining its kiddy attitude, while okay, feels really rushed because it hasn't been 50 episodes but yet it evolved too fast anyway. And it's not like Goh has been giving it a lot of battles. All I remember were three (Flygon, maybe Aerodactyl, and Oleana).
"Outside of appearances, Raboot in general aren't edgy" When have we seen another raboot with personality outside of Goh's LMAO. We have never seen a raboot which isnt edgy. Dont tell me you count the TW Raboot coz it does nothing, says nothing. Yes thats the way the anime intrepeted it, like they do for any other mon. The concept is unique and interesting, something new. Raboot did look edgy to a lot of people in its design. Why is the sobble line canonically edgy for u just based on design but raboot looking to some ppl as emo so them going out to make that its personality is wrong? "Thats not how things work" Not really you to decide lol. I can understand it feeling rushed and all but the rest is such a dumb complaint, nitpick? Idk what to call it XD

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"Outside of appearances, Raboot in general aren't edgy" When have we seen another raboot with personality outside of Goh's LMAO. We have never seen a raboot which isnt edgy. Dont tell me you count the TW Raboot coz it does nothing, says nothing. Yes thats the way the anime intrepeted it, like they do for any other mon. The concept is unique and interesting, something new. Raboot did look edgy to a lot of people in its design. Why is the sobble line canonically edgy for u just based on design but raboot looking to some ppl as emo so them going out to make that its personality is wrong? "Thats not how things work" Not really you to decide lol. I can understand it feeling rushed and all but the rest is such a dumb complaint, nitpick? Idk what to call it XD
Two words:

Pokemon Camp

But in any case, the dexes don't even mention it being anywhere edgy, but we ironically get explanations in regards to Drizzile (brilliant but lazy) and Thwackey (energetic drummer).

D

Deleted member 384931

Two words:

Pokemon Camp

But in any case, the dexes don't even mention it being anywhere edgy, but we ironically get explanations in regards to Drizzile (brilliant but lazy) and Thwackey (energetic drummer).
Drizzle doesnt come off as lazy to me tbh

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Drizzle doesnt come off as lazy to me tbh
Even if you ignore it's Pokedex Entry, It's default expression definitely hints at it.

Drizzile's face definitely matches the facial expressions Lazy Characters usually tend have in Anime.

Case in Point:
Drizzile
250px-817Drizzile.png

Ninja Drizzile
maxresdefault.jpg

Super Hero Drizzile
Shota_Aizawa_large.png

And NEET Drizzile

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ahh, Shikamaru Nara. One of my favorite manga characters for being incredibly entertaining and pretty much the only guy with a head who questioned "why are people mean to Naruto? It makes no sense" when he was a young kid himself. His father is also pretty swell.

Nara Clan is best clan.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Also, I don't really buy the cheerful kid - rebel teenage - cheerful adult comparison because... It doesn't work that way
Sure it does. Teens who are rebellious usually come to respect their elders and friends again after they grow older. Especially if they do something dumb in that time and learn from it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I have never, ever seen a kiddy kid go to emo phase as a teen but then become a big goof as an adult.

So now I guess I know why: because it is so unbelievable and fake to watch unfold.
I thought I could be cool and be a loner from my family until I took on a burglar dressed as a leprechaun who shot me in the head and nearly killing me. Turns out I should have taken my parents advice and thus we eat nachos with each other again.

nuzamaki90

This was a really fun episode. Far more fun than I initially thought. And even though Castelia City was almost completely devoid of people, the ones that were there made the episode a good watch. I have to continue to say that Team Rocket are primarily fit for comedy episodes because the comedic potential they have is so high.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wow. I didn't like this episode. This felt like all the set-up wasn't needed. Goh wins an all-you can eat trip to Castelia City and he doesn't reward the Pokémon that won him the prize? Poor Greedent Instead Ash and Goh just randomly throw out Cinderace and Lucario while walking. Another thing, where the heck were all the Unova wild Pokémon? Not even some Pidove at the park. Honestly this episode felt like they had to make an episode with the smallest amount of budget and this is what they came up with. Sure Lucario and Cinderace had cute moments but that's it.

This episode could have taken place in Vermilion City and nothing would have changed. What a waste of a trip to Unova.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Honestly, this was an "eh" episode. Greedent (the catalyst for this trip basically) got pretty much shafted and the main incident turned out to be a non-issue in the end as a result of TR's error which lead them to stealing their own mech, but it was enough to give Lucario and Cinderace some time together and work on their relationship, and I have to say the argument that the two had reminded me of the argument that Ash and Go had at the start of the series. Also, what really disappointed me was the lack of Unova pokemon in a Unova episode no less (Heck, I didn't even notice the Amoonguss at the top of the episode), and Castelia City looked rather empty compared to BW when the city had a Venipede issue. One other thing that I completely glossed over was this was the first time that Jessie's Wobbuffet had stepped foot in the Unova region considering the stipulation that TR weren't allowed to take outside pokemon to Unova other than Meowth of course.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Clearly the Venipede came back and ate everyone.

Poor Burgh got eaten first. He thought they were hugging him all over his body but ooooooooooh boy never had I seen a man screaming like a high-pitched girl before. Even ate his clothes and left nothing behind. I believe he was last seen at the dry sewage river path running across the city.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Two words:

Pokemon Camp

Pokémon Camp isn't a reliable source to gauge a Pokémon's personality imo. It can be quite contradicting with the Pokédex entries and it's primarily aimed at making interactions cute. So yeah, raboots personality shouldn't be guessed from Pokémon camp

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The funny thing about Greedent is that all could be pretty much solved by a simple line. Nothing overly complicated, just a throwaway line about the boys finding an "all you can eat" place and Greedent wanting to stay there.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Anime is very inconsistent with pokémon heights. I remember seeing Scorbunny was actually shorter than Chespin (difference is like 0,1 but still) yet it visually looks bigger here.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Enjoyable filler. I would have preferred and am definitely expecting the next Unova episode to have a PWT match with a relevant character and not just be the foreground for filler, but oh well. Cinderace and Lucario have a fun little straight man/tsukkomi dynamic going on; them cooperating in battle was nice. I don’t think there needs to be more or less of anything between them like some people here, that’s just their personalities and they rub off each other well for these types of episodes.

Sidenote, all of the food here looked so good. Especially the Crustle cake. Because of course Unova would have the best culinary scene in the Pokémon world!