• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alohashipping (Ash x Mallow) General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Alohashipping (Ash x Mallow) General Discussion Thread!

Yep, going against my better judgement, I decided to go ahead and create the inevitable Ash x Mallow thread because I'm irritated by the fact that no one else has done it yet.

What is Alohashipping?

Alohashipping refers to the idea or belief that Ash/Satoshi and Mallow/Mao are or should be involved in a romantic relationship.

Wait...who?!

Ash Ketchum/Satoshi: A 10 year old boy who has traveled through many regions aiming to become a Pokemon Master. He is still in pursuit of that dream, but he is doing so by means of attendance at a Pokemon school in the Alola region.

Mallow/Mao: A fellow student at the school Ash attends. She loves Grass-type Pokemon. She also helps out at the Aina cafeteria that her family runs by attracting new customers to come in and eat.

Okay, that sounds interesting. Now what are the rules of this place?

1. All SPPF and Shipper's Community rules apply. You can find them here and here, respectively.
  2. Stay on topic.
  3. No bashing other members, this shipping, other shippings, etc.
  4. If you are posting a fanart or something like that that isn't yours, make sure you give the author credit.
  5. Have fun!

Members list

• Satoshi & Touko (Thread's creator)
  • CMButch
  • DankOverlord
  • mystic9899
  • ancientus
  • Hot Limit

Fanfictions

None so far :(

Fanarts/Graphics

None so far :(

Okey-dokey. Would you be willing to provide a discussion topic or two to kick things off?

Certainly. Here's two in fact:

Why do you support Alohashipping?
What has been your favorite Alohashippy moment thus far in the anime?

Assuming the mods wouldn't have a problem with it, I may in the future edit this intro post to make it look even better because it's a little on the basic side so far.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I'd like to be in this one too. I support Aurelia, but this one too. I support this one because I find it cute, since the start of the series. Favorite moments are when Mallow grabbed Ash's hand and when she screamed Ash's name in worried state a couple of times. xd

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I like this one too.
I guess I'll prefer an OT4 (Ash, Lillie, Lana and Mallow )

Satoshi & Touko

Welcome all who posted so far. I'll update the member list when I'm not resigned to typing on a phone. :p
However I must advise that I don't want to see a bunch of one-liner posts in this thread, please. This is my chance to manage a mainstream shipping thread and I don't want it ending so soon. ^^;

Anyway, to answer my own questions:

I'm a sucker for Ash shippings in which the two characters are similar and Ash and Mallow seem quite similar so far. Mallows got a lot of energy and excitability it seems and so does Ash. As it goes for favorite moments, it's kinda hard for me to answer that since I don't ship much for moments, but the moments where their similarities are shown I guess can count. I also like how she is with him so much more than the other companions. She seems like she could be interested in him.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I'm excited to see that people are supporting this pairing. I must admit that I'm not a major AlohaShipper myself. Ironic, I know. Still, I'm excited to see its growth in Sun and Moon. Certainly, with a first episode like it had, it will bring much to the table.

Satoshi & Touko

I'm really sad to see that it seems very few people are shipping this as of today. Even worse is that I can't find one single fanfiction for this shipping anywhere on the internet except for a one-shot in a multi-chapter book that features all different shippings.

Fjkpwek

@ Satoshi & Touko Yep, I also agree with you, there should be more fanfics between the two even though I favor the two other ships. But I don't mind this anyway. She's great being with Ash so to speak.

By the way, here's one fanart I've seen from the very few of them scattered around the internet. Anyway, I think that this was also one of the firsts being released just I think a month before even the games or even the anime came out. Well, what I really wanted to see is the two of them (obviously Ash and Mallow) happen to see it then react to it. I bet Mallow's reaction would be like: "Wow... is that really Ash?"

http://paddy-f.deviantart.com/art/Ash-and-Mallow-639144304

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
@ Satoshi & Touko Yep, I also agree with you, there should be more fanfics between the two even though I favor the two other ships. But I don't mind this anyway. She's great being with Ash so to speak.

By the way, here's one fanart I've seen from the very few of them scattered around the internet. Anyway, I think that this was also one of the firsts being released just I think a month before even the games or even the anime came out. Well, what I really wanted to see is the two of them (obviously Ash and Mallow) happen to see it then react to it. I bet Mallow's reaction would be like: "Wow... is that really Ash?"

http://paddy-f.deviantart.com/art/Ash-and-Mallow-639144304

You say that's Ash Ketchum? Welp, creative license, I suppose.

Someone go write some fanfics. Maybe I will. That would be hilarious. As if I didn't force this pairing enough already.

Fjkpwek

You say that's Ash Ketchum? Welp, creative license, I suppose.

Someone go write some fanfics. Maybe I will. That would be hilarious. As if I didn't force this pairing enough already.

That's not what I meant lol, I just simply meant that she'll be very surprised witnessing Ash ripped and all.

Oh, okay. It's about time we have some fics between the two of them. And what was hilarious, and sorry, my bad.

Satoshi & Touko

Soooooooo...Mallow has a focus episode coming up finally. Anyone think that we will see any Alohashipping hints or moments?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Soooooooo...Mallow has a focus episode coming up finally. Anyone think that we will see any Alohashipping hints or moments?

Ash is about to spend some time alone in a forest/meadow/wherever with a girl who is not only rather similar to him in personality, but who is also probably the most sociable and most talkative of the SM girls so far. Yeah, I kind of expect a few Alohashipping hints or moments, platonic or romantic.

Hot Limit

Yeah, I definitely agree. Heck, there have been more moments for this ship than the other alolan girls in my opinion, and that is because she is so social and always the one near Ash for the most part (out of all the girls there).

Like that episode where Lily's egg hatched, and Mallow was dragging Ash to follow her! I didn't think there would be cute moments between them at all that episode, but was pleasantly surprised to see them together like that, being spies haha!

I absolutely adore any interaction they have, because they are either funny, or just adorable! I feel like these characters fit well together! :)

rivalGREEN

Your Rival.
They definitely have potential. With both their positive and happy-go lucky attitude, the two can definitely relate to the other. Maybe if they do get into a relationship, it will be less bumpier than... say Lillie. Hm?

xEryChan

Demon Child
This topic has been bumped after six months of inactivity so I'm closing it. If any wishes to recreate this discussion, feel free to do so.

/CLOSES

Status
Not open for further replies.